Need an online step by step

Anyone know of a step by step online walkthrough? I've completed the SP campaign along with most of the errands and bounties. I hopped online and got a couple random quests S-ranked, but not sure what I should be concentrating on. Do I need to worrry more about rare mats, UNIDS, S-ranking, or just getting my GR up. I'm currently a Lvl 59, GR 15 spear. Any help would be appreciated. Also, speaking of UNIDs, where the hell do I find/get these?

I'm assuming you want the plat for this game. If so, your first priority should be getting your gr up. You'll want to get to gr26 and complete all the Vellgander quests before the servers close. You get a trophy after completing apex, which you can only do at gr26+ and after completing each of the prior sections. It's very hard to do solo, probably the hardest trophy to get solo (and bordering on impossible I've heard).

While grinding gr, also try and get a lot of different materials for the binding trophies and your equipment. Again, you need the binds for a trophy. And you want to make sure you have semi-decent equipment so you're not a hindrance to your group. No one wants to quest with the guy only grinding gr and so has equipment 3-4 levels below him. This means you should be doing a bunch of different quests. While doing the different quests, you may as well get the S ranks for them anyway and work towards that trophy.

Unids aren't really a priority trophy-wise since there's no trophy for them. They're just fully enhanced equipment. It's possible to get some in the reward box for gr15+ quests, or in chests in Vell. They'll show as "??? _____" where the blank is the armor/weapon type. When you get one, go to the weapon shop and appraise it.

If you're goal isn't the plat, than your priority should be your equipment, followed by your knight's equipment, than gr. And fun. Always make fun a priority.

Edited by Kyden139

Actually, trophy wise, UNIDs help a lot. They allow you to skip a step if you ever have trouble binding that one particular gear. They also provide you with the feasibility of branching out instead of binding the same weapon twice.

And, before the patch to +15 (and eventually +20) your armors and weapons arrived, UNIDs were the most powerful items in the game. My Hrist's Cloak G is the living proof of that.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

True, unid's are useful. Whenever my group offers to run a vell section for me I do so. IMO they're not worth hunting though because of the limited server time and how random they are. Even without focusing on them I'm currently using a weapon and armor piece that were unids.

Edited by Kyden139

I'm thinking of trying for wkc2's platinum but I'm unfortunately starting from the ground up so beyond what's been already said in this thread, the thing I'm wondering is what can specifically be done offline and what generally needs to be done online? Like, what is it that makes this platinum nearly impossible without the online?

I know this vellgander stuff and that super hard boss has been mentioned many times to be basically impossible without a group of people but are those the only things? I'm just kinda wondering if it were to be completely plausible to do what needs to be done online now in the next 50 or so days while the servers are still up and then do the rest of the Platinum offline later so I don't need to rush things or anything like that.

I simply don't know enough about this game to know exactly what has to be done online and what can be done offline without much issue, trophy wise. I'd imagine GR26 will take some time to grind to but after reaching that, then finishing all that super hard stuff, then the last 4 GR's can just be grinded out offline without much hassle? Stuff like that is what I'm wondering.

Also is 3 people enough for doing everything online that needs to be done or is even more recommended with certain stuff??

Edited by Lyrikk

You do need to rush a little to get to gr26. I hope you all have the US version of the game instead of the EU version, there's a massive difference in the amount of points needed for each gr. Link below has a GR experience chart for each rank. (side note, the neoseeker wiki is very helpful in general).

http://whiteknightchronicles.neoseeker.com/wiki/Guild_Rank_Quests_(WKC2)

3 people is a good starting group. Coordinate your classes so one is mage, one is bow, and one is dps. Or at the very least, one support (mage/bow) and two dps. It'll make completing the quests easier than if all of you are longsword. Some quests are designed for a 4 person group, some are 6 person. You should be fine with the 4 person quests. The 6 you'll have to see for yourselves. Even if you can't complete or S rank a quest with 3, you'll probably be able to after gaining some ranks.

Nothing can really be done offline "without much issue". Its meant to be an online game. You want to do as much online as you can while you can. IMO, the only thing you must do online is Vell apex. Anything else should be possible offline, though much, much, much longer/harder.

Edited by Kyden139

• 2 weeks later...

I'm attempting to platinum this/get to a point where I can platinum it offline by June 18th as well. I can tell you, doing it solo offline will be exponentially harder than in a group. As much as I enjoy a challenge like anyone else, the repetitive grinding of lower GR quests than myself solo would drive me insane. I would just hop online and try to join up with people, I see lots of gr14-18 doing misc runs and many more gr 20+ still on; probably scrambling to finish as well. You actually stand a chance of advancing when you can run quests your own level. :applause:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing this game for nearly a year now. So close to the platinum trophy...

All I need are binds and finish off two more monster slaying quests and im done. For anyone who hasn't done or seen the GR 26 Vell Apex boss, here's a video I took and fought him yesterday.

For newer players, yes. That Vellenger Tower you need to ascend will be extremely difficult to do on your own, even with your story characters, the end bosses for each level closer towards the Apex will rock you if you aren't prepared or can take some serious damage.

Best of luck to future WKC2 Trophy Hunters