WKC2 Servers Offline as of June 18, 2013

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sad news indeed. Our guild only saw the Vessel of Truth just once, as I never maxed out my True King Staff.

I've updated the road map with this information. This is also formally announced on D5's Official WKC II Facebook page if you want to vent anything to them.

No such announcement on the Japanese WKC II page however.

It is sad news indeed. Our guild only saw the Vessel of Truth just once, as I never maxed out my True King Staff.

I can see them shutting down the first one, but I don't understand their reasoning for shutting down the second on this soon already. That sucks. Looks like I'll have to hurry up with the first one and maybe even the second one if I got enough time.

Also, I like the plug for PS3Trophies on those forums Tech. :D

If there was ever any doubt that EU wouldn't be affected, here you go:

I've updated the road map with this information. This is also formally announced on D5's Official WKC II Facebook page if you want to vent anything to them.

No such announcement on the Japanese WKC II page however.

I think we got 'em at least three times.

Are they shutting them down due to low player count or problematic servers?

Probably the latter. Maybe this might turn out to be like Demon's Souls where the servers were eventually extended, but that's wishful thinking. In the meantime I'll have to see how much of the first game I can do before I jump to this title.

Has nothing to do with the servers, as I've been going back and playing with a few friends each month. The community has dwindled to rather low number in the past few months that they probably felt it wasn't worth the maintenance anymore.

We got 17 months with WKC2. As soon as Sony and D5 said no more Japanese DLC early last year, that was the end of the loyal followers.

I have to admit, I am surprised in Sony recently. They closed Motorstorm PR and now they are shutting this. They are surely upsetting hardcore gamers, as I knew platinumers who had multiple characters. I guess it is the end of White Knight.

Just out of curiosity, is there an announcement in game?

I have to admit, I am surprised in Sony recently. They closed Motorstorm PR and now they are shutting this. They are surely upsetting hardcore gamers, as I knew platinumers who had multiple characters. I guess it is the end of White Knight.

Sony took the backseat and let D3P take the charge. If anything, blame them, not Sony. They probably coerced Sony into taking the first game's servers down as well because it would be weird to have the second game down while the first game is still active.

too heavy for too small a reward. that i remember from the first game about 6 months after it came out. multiple players said that was their number one complaint ,that i encountered. and very off drop rates

This sucks. I started playing WKC in June 2012 and just got my plat a week ago. Started on WKC2 a couple of days ago. It took me 9 months to plat WKC1, so now I have 2-3 months to set myself up as well as possible to solo WKC2 to platinum.

With no online, these two plats are going to be even more prestigious than they already are O_o

I do agree with sunnygrg, it is likely D5Publisher had to share in the GeoNet maintenance costs since they published it in the US and probably could have convinced Sony to pull the plug. Considering WKC1 has been running since 2010.

Sony fully published the Japanese version and there is not a shred of a closure announcement on their page, of course that version still has a good following.

too heavy for too small a reward. that i remember from the first game about 6 months after it came out. multiple players said that was their number one complaint ,that i encountered. and very off drop rates

The drop rates are way better than WKC1 for the materials you need to get the trophies in this game. Getting to GR30 is where the time sink is, and its even more if you are an EU player.

I was wondering when this would happen. Sadly they don't care about us. It was known months ago; but I'm not going to type that all in here(want to avoid too much fighting and stuff xD) It's incredibly saddening :( I've made some fantastic friends and had such a blast playing online. First time I've ever been upset at a server closure.