WKC1 compatibility

Thanks Squeek. I'm confused, I did some research and the guy from the playstation blog says that there are trophies :think:

White Knight Chronicles II Includes The Original WKC On The Same Blu-Ray Disc – PlayStation.Blog.Europe

Visitor : "Will WKC1 have trophies and the Home rewards? If not I’ll get WKC1 separately."

Ross Alexander : "Yes, it’ll have everything from the original iteration of the first WKC."

Now maybe he was wrong since the message was posted before the game got officially released. Anyway I'll just use my old WKC disk, I don't want bad surprises :)

I'm playing WKC1 from the WKC2 disc right now and it has no trophies. (WKC1 that is.) He made a mistake saying it has trophies on the blog ;)

The save file of WKC1 is fully functional with WKC2 :) The Japanese even have to complete WKC1 if I'm not mistaken. We however, can jump straight into WKC2.

Also, you can't go online with WKC1 if you're playing it from the WKC2 disc. Can't confirm this myself, I don't have an online pass -.-; (Still 'waiting' on it. Ugh!)

I don't know how people are misunderstanding this. Look at it from a different perspective. The sequel includes the original game because Level-5 felt the need for players to understand the original game's mechanics/story before playing the second one. That, and it also helps sales-wise.

The only thing included in the sequel from the first game are the story mode and the quests. But the game itself is on a different server.

It's not like Medal of Honor where the original Frontline and the rebooted Medal of Honor are two entirely different games. On the WKC2 disc, WKC and WKC2 are the "same" game.

Because there was a big misunderstanding back then on a blog a while ago. And there are Games (Warcraft 3 for example) in which you're able to play with gamers who don't own the expansion.

And White Knight Chronicles 2 feels like an expansion because they only added new content (rly annoying errands, boring bounty hunts, but cool new quests) The Battlesystem is a BIT different.

Other than that I've never seen anyone misunderstanding that you can't play WKC2 with WKC1 player. (and I read most of the posts on Gamefaqs since there are not many)

Other than that I've never seen anyone misunderstanding that you can't play WKC2 with WKC1 player. (and I read most of the posts on Gamefaqs since there are not many)

well what I was wondering is if it was possible to play the WKC1 remastered version (the one that's in the WKC2 disc) with someone using the standalone WKC1. and apparently it's not. I think it's a big mistake from the devs. if both wkc1 were fully compatible online I think the sales would be better. not to mention the trophies that are missing from the new one.

Edited by superpj

well what I was wondering is if it was possible to play the WKC1 remastered version (the one that's in the WKC2 disc) with someone using the standalone WKC1. and apparently it's not. I think it's a big mistake from the devs. if both wkc1 were fully compatible online I think the sales would be better. not to mention the trophies that are missing from the new one.

I quit playing WKC2 after completing the story mode since it's only 2 months till I can play with my elite character. But, wouldn't Level-5 have to update the first game to accomodate avatar knights or even let players from the first game transform (changing the whole foundation for the first game in the due process) before even thinking about match-making?

Edited by EEHHHHHH

I don't know how people are misunderstanding this. Look at it from a different perspective. The sequel includes the original game because Level-5 felt the need for players to understand the original game's mechanics/story before playing the second one. That, and it also helps sales-wise.

The only thing included in the sequel from the first game are the story mode and the quests. But the game itself is on a different server.

It's not like Medal of Honor where the original Frontline and the rebooted Medal of Honor are two entirely different games. On the WKC2 disc, WKC and WKC2 are the "same" game.

I wish Sony and D3 didn't bill the inclusion of WKC1 as a separate game. It is not, its just a campaign option.

Sometimes I wonder how lazy they are with the game when I see how much information we get on WKC II JP on the JP.playstation.com site and the minimal information on EU. /end rant

Anyway people, there is only ONE trophy list, WKC II EU trophies ONLY. You can earn trophies in either campaign.

GeoNet is only integrated in a sense you can see and messages friends online from either game, but you can't play with each other. Nor can you visit each other in towns. Even though some of the quests are the same between both games, the entire battle and guild ranking system was overhauled in the second game.