how long to plat?

ugh.. you gotta be kidding me. I would have thought they'd ease up on the trophies for the sequel.. don't think i'll get this even though I really wanna play it :/ hate having incomplete trophies on my list

look at it this way,everyone knows trophies are a bitch in the wkc games (most players have like 5-20% in wkc1),you can achieve around 50% in wkc2 in single player alone relatively quick and easy,so then everyone looking at your trophy list will be "damn!he must have spent hundreds of hours in it already"

i'd say 50% of a freaking hard platinum is more worth than 10 piss easy platinums everyone has :p

Don't let trophy lists keep you from playing games you like, that's just dumb imo.

Agreed. Must admit though, I was lucky enough to win this game, but I wasn't sure to play this on my main account, because of the trophies. Few days ago, I just thought to myself, 'damn, I care a bit to much about them trophies'. So once it arrives, I'll just pop it into my PS3 and play it on my main account.

What's wrong with caring about things like how your trophy list looks, whether you sleep in a car bed and talk to other car beds, if you think you're a robot, can do mind control and eat other people's pudding, or if you subconsciously drop TLC quotes while working at bed, bath, and beyond?

I like hearing people's supportive criticism, like, "It's okay to play whatever you want, I'm not judging you."

But to hear people say things like, "Don't care about your trophy card, that's just dumb," isn't really winning over anyone or suddenly changing their minds.

Even though these types of comments are about 1 in 10, they can be found in about every forum thread discussing trophy collecting. It's really just annoying.

I will agree with OP that I want to maintain a tidy trophy card, but also agree with others that not playing a game at all isn't necessarily the way to go--but I think OP already understands that, you don't have to tell him.

Separate accounts are fun too, but not playing on your main one is just as hard sometimes, because in the back of your mind you think, "But what if I DO go all the way with this one."

I think a lot will boil down to research and willpower; I do tend to avoid games requiring immense skill ("community level 8+"). I like to stick with the "5-6" difficulties.

Sorry, I guess this is slightly off topic but I don't want to just hit the delete button.

a time worthy (P) that will never be on my list. maybe someday I'll play both and (P) both but now it's an impossible for a hardcore FPS like myself.

Time is running short on getting the WKC1 (P) anyway. New players will just go straight to WKC II because of the first-game improvements and the online community. Most of the European crowd have already abandoned the first game and once the US release hits, everyone I know is moving over post-haste. The first game is not solo friendly starting off, and neither is this one. In-fact it is out of the question when you start getting to the six-player quests.

Agreed. Must admit though, I was lucky enough to win this game, but I wasn't sure to play this on my main account, because of the trophies. Few days ago, I just thought to myself, 'damn, I care a bit to much about them trophies'. So once it arrives, I'll just pop it into my PS3 and play it on my main account.

The trophy list did not influence my buying decision in the first game. Too many people think about the trophies, and not the real reason why some of us really like the game. As there are not many co-op online RPGs that are not MMOs, and are this enjoyable to play. People play Call of Duty for hundreds of hours to several prestige levels for fun without regard to trophies, it is no different here.

If it were possible to play the EU version online on my main US account, I'd have well over 60% of the trophies anyway. I've played the game because some friends are also willing to start over a new avatar on an EU account for the enjoyment and experience. None of it will be a waste since the online will be integrated between the US/EU versions we'll be able to play either avatars online anytime.