WKC II Review

Acording to Eurogamer the game isnt good

White Knight Chronicles II it's a hybrid that fails to find its own identity in terms of its structure, and its convoluted battle system is poorly explained and, once mastered, reveals itself to be broad but ultimately shallow. Those improvements from the first game are overwhelmed by a more general sense of ennui; what were once interesting innovations lack the polish and endurance to inspire over the course of a sequel.

A disappointment, then - for fans of a genre for whom disappointment is a familiar bedfellow.

It got a 5 out of 10

I still want to try the game because reviews arent everything ( yh Yakuza 4 & IGN im looking at you) but damn JRPGs are in a bad situation, there are so few and of those few not many are master pieces like in the past generations of consoles :(

Edit: forgot to put the link

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-03-white-knight-chronicles-ii-review?page=2

Edited by Flames

According to my friends, this game is AWESOME. This review is just one person's opinion.

It is a fact that many reviewers were put off by the first game and they were expecting significant changes in the second game. Were Level-5 to do that, many of their hardcore followers would have been seriously disappointed; and in a sense, I am glad they stayed true to their foundations built in the first game. Many of the complaints that "we" complained about have been addressed, specifically the slow moving action wheel. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

See ya all b!tches online.

According to my friends, this game is AWESOME. This review is just one person's opinion.

It is a fact that many reviewers were put off by the first game and they were expecting significant changes in the second game. Were Level-5 to do that, many of their hardcore followers would have been seriously disappointed; and in a sense, I am glad they stayed true to their foundations built in the first game. Many of the complaints that "we" complained about have been addressed, specifically the slow moving action wheel. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

^amen to that ;D

don't listen to these reviewers, if you enjoyed the first, you will certainly enjoy the second.

I for one am buying this in two days when its released over here, and i know ill enjoy the online aspect of the game, just like it did with the original

• 2 weeks later...

If it's any consolation, Famitsu gave it a 33/40 (82.5%).

Dynames posted a link to this about 11 months ago, but here is the text from a June 30, 2010 1up article in which, rather than write a review of WKC2, they write a half-assed summary of Famitsu's review:

http://www.1up.com/media?id=3827533&type=lg

White Knight Chronicles 2 (8/9/8/8, 33 points): Level-5's latest online-compatible RPG may not have a release date outside of Japan yet, but the game's done and is receiving pretty decent reviews over there.

As Famitsu's reviewers pointed out, this sequel doesn't rock the boat, but does improve upon the original game pretty drastically. "Weapon abilites are made much more clear, which enhances the strategic element of the game," one wrote. "You can take NPCs with you on quests and do knight transforms with avatars, which is nice. There are some annoying parts, like how you can't adjust your allies' tactics in much detail, but I'm glad to see controls on things like the map display and chat made a lot better."

"There are some pretty dramatic improvements from the previous game, especially in the battle system," another added. "Even with all the new features and strategy, the battles proceed at a quick pace and are much easier to follow."

A third reviewer didn't have much good to say about the story: "The two-part story has a ton of volume, but does have a very heavy fetch-quest feel to it. I wish there was some more variety to the quests you receive, too."

Source: Japan Review Check: Crackdown 2, White Knight Chronicles 2

Edited by jqtaxpayer

It is awesome! Correct you are in that most of the issues that us loyal White Knight Chronicles followers wanted was addressed in this game. This is a fine piece work from Level-5 and once again the game truly shines in the online experience which most reviewers just make it seem like an afterthought.

Oh what a shocker, not a single mention that your avatar can turn into their knight arc online. Maybe because they didn't spend enough time to actually progress to that point! Yet all of them b!tched about that in the first reviews...:whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Ill just say screw reviews

Got the game and its awesome

but damn i cant play deathmatch or capture the flag or even do headshots, and it isnt a 1st person shooter :p thats why it got this review

My advice buy the game if your a fan of the 1st

If you never played the 1st and you like rpgs YOU MUST BUY IT THEN 2 games for the price of 1 and like then arent even apart

I finish the wkc1 and started wkc2 right up with just cutscenes in between

Awesome

what GR level quests let you use your ark online? im 15 and havnt seen one yet ?

Yeah i want to know this too :o

• 2 weeks later...

lol a bit late and you might already know but yes you can use the arc online at GR 16+.

Yes the game shines online (most of the people running OGIT ...) I highly recommend to find friends who don't run OGIT all the time to get most of the fun ^^ I'm not that high but I hope that GR20+ will be more exciting.