WKC II releases June 8 (PAL), US and EU on same servers

UK and Ireland: 10 June 2011

Australia and New Zealand: 9 June 2011

Rest of PAL: 8 June 2011

Key things:

• You can't play the game (online) on your NA account.
  • The game releases in the US in a "couple of months." FFFFUUUUU
  • I am still not sure, even if the product manager, Ross Alexander says that the game will feature two trophy sets though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awEou2QqFFI&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - White Knight Chronicles 2 Preview Trailer ENG[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NchTn5ILyVA&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - White Knight Chronicles: Origins Preview Trailer ENG[/ame]

EU Blog

Q: Just 2 weeks before release u say date hahahahahaha

but tanks 2 smal trailer

now only 1 big problem need 2 be answord

usa – euro play together online ore not ?

A: USA and EU gamers can play together. They will be on the same server. Initially it’ll only be EU players on there, but when the game is released in the US they’ll be joining in too.

Q: One question I have: I know that the WKCII features WKC as well, but will it include both sets of trophies (i.e. a set for number 1 and a set for number 2)? Thanks!

A: Yes, there will be trophies for both games on there.

Q: Ross, do you know if it will be possible to play with my NA/US account with the EU WKC2? Please, say that the online pass won’t ruin my online gaming. =(

A: No, it won’t be possible. But you can buy the US version when it comes out in a couple of months.

I’m chasing up on the servers to find out if EU and US gamers can play together online. Just need to double check with the game’s producer.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You double quoted Ross at the end there ;)

I believe Ross misspoke, there is likely to be one-trophy list (a copy of the JP list) which has most of the same trophy names from WKC I, and that "both" games will unlock trophies.

We'll find out a few weeks. I also need to order the English Origins PSP as well since we have no idea yet if it will make it to the US. Currently, no US publisher has picked it up.

The published US launch for WKC II by D3 is August 2011 (sources say 8/3). So that is correct about a few months.

You double quoted Ross at the end there ;)

I believe Ross misspoke, there is likely to be one-trophy list (a copy of the JP list) which has most of the same trophy names from WKC I, and that "both" games will unlock trophies.

We'll find out a few weeks. I also need to order the English Origins PSP as well since we have no idea yet if it will make it to the US. Currently, no US publisher has picked it up.

The published US launch for WKC II by D3 is August 2011 (sources say 8/3). So that is correct about a few months.

Yeah, I think I will import it and not worry about the platinum.

UK and Ireland: 10 June 2011

Australia and New Zealand: 9 June 2011

Rest of PAL: 8 June 2011

Key things:

• You can't play the game (online) on your NA account.
  • The game releases in the US in a "couple of months." FFFFUUUUU
  • I am still not sure, even if the product manager, Ross Alexander says that the game will feature two trophy sets though.

EU Blog

Will we be able to play with other regions NA, EU, Asia? It would suck if it is region locked.

Kokoro, myself, and several others have already pre-ordered the EU version ;) Plus we'll have a headstart and lots of experience when it comes to NA.

Not fair tech getting a head start :rolleyes: I have some catching up to do.:whistle:

Edited by ShinobiHotsuma

Will we be able to play with other regions NA, EU, Asia? It would suck if it is region locked.

Not fair tech getting a head start :rolleyes: I have some catching up to do.:whistle:

JP is a separate server. However NA/EU versions will be able to play together, that was a burning question on a lot of people's minds because of the split publisher decision. Level-5 hosts the GeoNet servers so it made perfect sense to be integrated.

US users will have to start over in the EU version. However it is much easier now to go up in guild rank early. Since we already know WKC1 and how all its quests work, it won't take too long to get up to WKC II quests.

If it contains 2 trophy-sets .. is that somekind of insurance the servers for WKC1 won't go down in a while? if the first game is included and there's trophies for it, or will you be able to get the missing trophies from the first game, using the WKC1 that's included in the WKC2?

I'm also curious about this as well.

I figure I can start it up, and by the time 2 comes, some people will start to play 1 again giving me a chance to finish it up and move onto 2 with those people. However, if the list is seperate from the current WKC, then it'd be counter productive.

I'm thinking they're different lists, seeing as the WKC that comes in the Bundle is different from the original.

Did i read right

This means WKC2 brings WKC1 with it? In the same bluray?

Someone enlight me please

That is correct. This is true for all versions of the game, be it the JP, EU or the NA Edition.

Whether or not the game features two trophy lists is yet to be known. I was just quoting what Ross from the blog mentioned and honestly, I think he is totally clueless on this matter and just spouting shit.

If it has a trophyset for wkc1 then that would be rather easy to obtain with the new gr-system.

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but can you elaborate on this?

The GR leveling system in the sequel has been revamped to facilitate new players. That means you will be reaching GR15 if you play WKC2 faster than you would while playing the original game.

But that doesn't mean it makes the platinum much easier. You will still need to grind for the materials required to achieve the binding trophies even though most of the recipes for the binds themselves have been changed (or so I have heard).

The harder drops in the original game have also been made easier in the sequel.

I think what he means is if you are going for the platinum in WKC2 (and if the game has two trophy lists), you will earn your platinum in the original game on your way to earning it in the sequel.

I'm confused. If they have two different lists, won't your progress in 2 have no affect on 1, or vice versa?

I am pretty sure there is only one trophy list. But to continue our conversation, the sequel is pretty much about re-visiting the old maps in addition to playing on lot more new ones. All of the quests from the original game will be available in the sequel (with a few changes to the GR requirement), but that doesn't mean you will be able to play with players who have the "first game's disc" or vice versa. They will both have different servers, or at least that was the case in the JP version.

But come to think about it, the bind count for the few of us who played the first game won't carry over to the second game, so I think I am just contradicting myself.

:think:

Damn you seem to know more than Ross lol

Its cool to have someone on the forum that helps with this kind of questions

I will def get the game

Is coming out next month in EU right, I hope the price isnt too much since it has both games.

I NEED A GOOD JRPG AND THIS SEEMS IT

PLEASE BE TRUE

I am pretty sure there is only one trophy list. But to continue our conversation, the sequel is pretty much about re-visiting the old maps in addition to playing on lot more new ones. All of the quests from the original game will be available in the sequel (with a few changes to the GR requirement), but that doesn't mean you will be able to play with players who have the "first game's disc" or vice versa. They will both have different servers, or at least that was the case in the JP version.

But come to think about it, the bind count for the few of us who played the first game won't carry over to the second game, so I think I am just contradicting myself.

:think:

I was reading around, and someone on GameFaqs ( I know, not the most reliable place ) said they took out all of the Trophies except one Story related trophy for WKC1. So... If that's true, playing through it would just be for the story, and then playing through 2 for everything else. I'm fine with that... I suppose. Oh, the source: Now that you all have the new copy of WKC1... - White Knight Chronicles II Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

Also you keep your Binding rank:

White Knight Chronicles Wiki - From WKC1 to WKC2

Confirmed on the EU PS Blog that the online pass is only for 1 PSN account, not the system as a whole. Sucks for those of us with others that play, but eh was expected due to it being setup that way in the JP version.

Damn that sucks :( i hate online passes

Oh well as long we dont have to pay for 1 online pass & pay for a monthly subscription its fine

I'll aswer everyone

-there is only one trophy list

-there is only one trophy about completing the story of the first game

-what you do in the first game don't count towards the "grind" trophies

-the online pass is binded to account so i not possible to make friends download it

BTW the game is awesome ^_^

I'll aswer everyone

-what you do in the first game don't count towards the "grind" trophies

What?

So anything you do on WKC1 doenst count for WKC2?

Thats bs, so we just play the 1st for the story is that it?

AND IM SURE THERES NO ONLINE EITHER right?

-___-'

and i sold my original copy of wkc1 for a demo of it grrr

What?

So anything you do on WKC1 doenst count for WKC2?

Thats bs, so we just play the 1st for the story is that it?

AND IM SURE THERES NO ONLINE EITHER right?

-___-'

and i sold my original copy of wkc1 for a demo of it grrr

What do you mean by "there's no online"?

Both the first game and the sequel boasts a robust multiplayer community. And, if you are talking about the second game's disc, you play the first part for one trophy only.

So the 1st WKC included in wkc2 bluray have online ? thats what im asking, since it doenst have a trophy list i assumed that

edit

And does the things you done in wkc1 goes to wkc2? i saw the same question in another thread so now i know i does

Edited by Master1

I own the US edition of the first game, But was going to order the EU/AUS copy of the second. Can I import my save over from the US first game to a EU copy of the second?

I'd assumed I could do it, the saves are on my AUS PSN account, and I will be playing the second on that account.