When Vikings Attack - Trophy Guide & Road Map

VazzVegas

http://i.imgur.com/OOX0tWH.jpg

Liked the guide but aren't a member yet? Join the Forums and leave me some feedback!

Roadmap

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: Trophy Difficulty Rating - PlaystationTrophies.org. Personal: 9/10
  • Offline trophies: 11 (8(B), 2(S), 1(G))
  • Online trophies: 2 (1(B), 1(S))
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 12-20 hours (Highly skill dependant).
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
  • Number of missable trophies: None.
  • Glitched trophies: None.
  • Do trophies stack?: No. The PS3/Vita versions are cross-buy/cross-save.

Introduction:

Welcome to When Vikings Attack! A fun PSN exclusive downloadable title from Clever Beans where you get to chuck things at your opponents to defeat them! This game is not for impatient trophy hunters. You can actually play through all 15 levels and not earn a single trophy. This is the type of game where the levels are meant to be played multiple times over in order to achieve the goals and earn the characters. If for some reason you were born with amazing When Vikings Attack skills, you may get through things more quickly but for the majority, you'll need to pretty much master the game in order to achieve 100%. Good luck!

Important note: The game allows for cross-save functionality and will ask you to enable the feature the first time you boot up the game AND are simultaneously connected online. Doing so WILL WIPE YOUR STATS, so make sure to do it as soon as possible or else you'll have to choose whether to lose your progress or play solely on one console (like I did). That being said, all my progress was done on PS VITA with the exception of most of the online wins. I also did a separate run-through on the PS3 for the purpose of writing this guide and my stats were saved separately due to not enabling cross-saving.

Step 1 - Quest Mode

You'll want to simply play through all of the levels first in order to get a hang of the game and unlock all the levels. You may pick up a few gold medals and characters along the way. The more, the better, but you shouldn't be surprised if you have very few.

I wouldn't stress out by trying to get them all for one level before moving on to the next. You won't have much success doing that and will probably get frustrated.

Step 2 - VS Battle Mode (Online)

Once you've gone through Quest Mode once, move on to the online trophies for a change of pace. At the end of this step you'll have Online Champ! and Speed king.

Step 3 - Clean Up

Now it's finally time to earn the majority of the trophies! Now that you've unlocked all the levels, you can starting picking off the offline bronze trophies. See their descriptions to find out how to earn them. It's around this time you'll be close to earning Viking Impaler as well. Next, you'll want to aim for all the high scores in each level, then fastest times, and finally lowest casualties. Doing those three things in all levels will net you Persistence. After that, you're nearly home free; you just have to unlock all the characters (see the Character Guide for more) for 100% complete and you'll have just that! Congratulations!

Edited by VazzVegas
Editorial Sweep

Trophy Guide

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/A0B.jpg 100% complete (G)

Complete all quest levels, unlock all characters and earn all other trophies

You must unlock all 15 levels, 7 Movies, & 62 characters. Some characters are picked up randomly while you need to unlock others by doing something special in a level. In order for characters to be unlocked, they must survive until the end of the level after you have picked them up. See the Character Guide for details on how to unlock all characters.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/E2A.jpg Viking Impaler (S)

Knockout 25,000 Vikings in quest mode

This one will come over time. If you're going for 100%, you'll get this very early on. If you are just going for this trophy straight up, you'll get it after three to four full playthroughs of each level.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/1A8.jpg Online Champ! (S)

Win 50 public online Vs matches or Gold Rush tournaments

You can use two controllers if you have a PS3 but be sure to select 'Public Match'. Private matches do not count. Choose a versus mode rather than a Gold Rush tournament as versus matches are much quicker to complete. It should pop after 50 'rounds', not full 'matches'. Each game has 3 rounds so it should take you less than 17 matches to earn the trophy. It will pop when you win your 50th round.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/8C9.jpg Persistence (S)

Earn a gold star in all solo challenges

You will need to get the 3 gold stars in all 15 levels for this trophy. Each level has 3 different gold star categories: Score, Time, & Casualties. For score, be sure to keep your multiplier up and don't get hit or else it will reset or be reduced. For time, just chuck stuff as fast as possible and rush through the stages. For casualties, take it slower and try not to collect too many extra villagers as they actually slow you down and make your group a larger target. Wait for the vikings to throw something at you and then catch it, leaving them open to attack.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/E97.jpg Hook-a-donut (B)

Skewer the donut in 'The Fairground'

In the first stage of 'The Fairground' level there is a donut stand on the left with a large donut on top of it. You need to knock it down and carry it to the next stage, past the throwing game. Once there, you'll see a red and white striped poll between a merry-go-round and large red and white tent. You need to stand a little ways back and throw the donut at the pole so that the pole 'skewers' the donut like a ring toss game. The trophy will pop once as soon as the donut lands on the pole.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/CA0.jpg Speed king (B)

Win an online match in under 5-seconds

This can not be done with 2 controllers so you need to play online against a human opponent. When the match starts, run towards the biggest object and chuck it quickly. If you are playing on a map with edges, you could also try to dash at your opponent to knock them off the edge. Alternatively, you can use the Boosting Thread to find a boosting partner to help you out.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/416.jpg Jaywalker (B)

Make it through 'The Highway Code' without being hit by any cars

This is not so bad if you stick to the sidewalks and pay attention to the traffic lights as they change. You can also use the traffic lights to your advantage to kill vikings. During the final stage you'll have to as the vikings are armoured and can only be killed by the cars, so you may as well get a handle for the strategy early.

This trophy popped for me even though I was hit by cars during the level. I happened to die during the last stage but when I resumed, I didn't get hit during the final stage and got the trophy once I completed it. This may not work for you but it's worth a try if you're having difficulties.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/8DE.jpg On-call (B)

Take the doctor's car back to work

In the 'Big Night Out' level, the doctor's car will be the very first thing you see. It's white with a green "+" on the hood. Pick it up and take it with you to the first stage. Throw it off-screen to the right so that it doesn't get destroyed in this stage. Do the same thing during the next two stages. Once you reach the final stage (the hospital building) with the car, the trophy will pop.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/404.jpg Cake pacifist (B)

Save the cake

This is the toughest bronze trophy. You need to keep the cake in the final area intact during the final normal round and the boss fight. The boss in particular loves to B-line it towards the cake so get to it before him. He will then back off and look for something else. Put the cake down somewhere safe and continue to pick your spots of when to attack. Be patient and you'll get it.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/413.jpg Antique Collector (B)

Save the priceless antique

On the beginning stage of the Museum level, there is a large blue and white vase with guard rope around it. It needs to survive the stage intact for the trophy to pop. It can take a little more damage than the cake and still stay intact. Just be sure not to throw it and keep the vikings away from it and it'll be fine. If vikings pick it up, steal it back from them and set it down somewhere safe by dashing.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/829.jpg Paradox (B)

Catch something you threw

I got this by accident, and you may as well. Throw any object into a pipe where it will come out another pipe towards you and then dash into it to catch it. 'The Pipe Factory' is a good level to achieve this feat.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/FF7.jpg Vertigo (B)

Complete 'Up on the Roof' without falling off

You can get this without having to exert too much effort. When playing the level 'Up on the Roof', just stay away from the edges and don't worry about being killed by the vikings in order to focus on the trophy.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1592/165.jpg Striiiiike! (B)

Go bowling with Vikings

In the level 'Shop Till You Drop', on one of the stages there is a large bowling ball on the wall between two pins outside a bowling alley. Just knock the ball down, grab it, and chuck it at a viking to pop the trophy.

Edited by luffybuggy
Editorial Sweep

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for putting up a trophy guide! The descriptions for the the bronze trophies were a little vague when I looked at the trophy list. Your explanations helped me get every one of them (the only one that gave me any kind of trouble was the cake pacifist trophy and that only took me a few tries).

Thanks for putting up a trophy guide! The descriptions for the the bronze trophies were a little vague when I looked at the trophy list. Your explanations helped me get every one of them (the only one that gave me any kind of trouble was the cake pacifist trophy and that only took me a few tries).

Hey, I'm really glad it helped. Indeed, that cake one was the worst of the bronze trophies.

• 4 weeks later...

I realise I'm not likely to get a response here, but are you sure the 50 online wins can be boosted alone? I wasn't counting but I just played it for at least an hour and nothing happened. I feel as if I've went through 50 rounds by now but I'm a bit anxious that it won't work.

I realise I'm not likely to get a response here, but are you sure the 50 online wins can be boosted alone? I wasn't counting but I just played it for at least an hour and nothing happened. I feel as if I've went through 50 rounds by now but I'm a bit anxious that it won't work.

And you are using two controllers in 'public matches'? Try keeping a tally of the rounds as an hour is surely too soon to get the 50 wins.

And you are using two controllers in 'public matches'? Try keeping a tally of the rounds as an hour is surely too soon to get the 50 wins.

Yeah I was doing public matches. Is it a "round" as it says in the game or in terms of the three you need to win the whole match? ie you need to win 3 "rounds" to win a match then 3 matches to win the game. If it's the middle with the 3 matches then that may explain why it didn't happen as quickly as I thought.

Still going now, though. Hopefully it comes up soon.

Congrats! How many matches do you think it took?

I think the number of ~17 is right. It probably just felt like longer the day before because I wasn't keeping count.

Either way, thanks for the tip. It would've been murder trying to get this online naturally, the connection seemed to cut out a lot for me even just playing alone.

• 2 years later...
Hey! Me again. Do you (or does anyone else) know if the DLC for this comes as a separate download when buy the bundle that has the game and the DLC together? The game and the bundle are on sale and the DLC isn't, for some reason.

Actually I'm not sure because I bought them separately. I would guess that they can be downloaded separately. I assume the bundle sale price is cheaper than the solo DLC?

Actually I'm not sure because I bought them separately. I would guess that they can be downloaded separately. I assume the bundle sale price is cheaper than the solo DLC?

DLC price: 3.29

Bundle price: 2.49

As you can probably tell from the fact that I don't think I've played this game since our last conversation I'm not really in a place to be complaining about such a small amount but I was curious. Plus even if the bundle is one whole file I'm not going to lose much by replacing the old one, so it probably won't be much of a problem. Thanks anyway. I'll finish this one day.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the bundle today. Everything is separate. Even the several avatars which are included in it, which I wasn't expecting.

So, if you're ever thinking about buying this game, buy the complete bundle with the DLC too. Much better value. You'll probably finish it before me too.

I bought the bundle today. Everything is separate. Even the several avatars which are included in it, which I wasn't expecting.

So, if you're ever thinking about buying this game, buy the complete bundle with the DLC too. Much better value. You'll probably finish it before me too.

I wish I could have bought the bundle and gotten the avatars too. Consider me jelly :drool: