XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
Aeliana

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   PAX Meet Up   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Default Road Map & Trophy Guide - うみねこのなく頃に~魔女と推理の輪舞曲~

• Estimated Difficulty: 1/10
  • Estimated Time to Platinum: 50 Hours
  • Minimum Number of Playthroughs Required: 1
  • Offline Trophies: 28 (10, 11, 6, 1).
  • Online Trophies: 0.
  • Glitched Trophies: 0.
  • Missable Trophies: 0.

INTRODUCTION

うみねこのく頃に~魔女と推理の輪舞曲~ (When the Seagulls Cry ~Rondo of a Witch and a Reasoning~) is the latest from 07th Expansion, a small studio best known for the series ひぐらしのく頃に (When the Cicadas Cry) which was a hit as an anime, as a light novel, and also as a visual novel. Both Higurashi and Umineko are "murder mysteries" with a few elements of the supernatural thrown into the mix. Here is a brief story summary w/ minor spoilers:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Amazing characters, stories, and most of all, soundtracks; the music of the ~no Naku Koro ni series is, in a word, incredible. But, I digress... after all, we're here to earn trophies!

Unlike a lot of visual novels, there are no "decisions to be made" in Umineko. There are no "branching paths." There are no "multiple endings." It is a "sit back and watch" entertainment experience, and for the most part, the trophies all earn themselves. This is the reason behind its 1/10 Estimated Difficulty; Hannah Montana: The Movie looks like advanced calculus compared to Umineko.

That said, let's move on to the Road Map!

ROAD MAP

Step #1 -- Config Menu
At the main menu, choose "Config." This will unlock 設定変更 .

Step #2 -- Start a New Episode
At the main menu, choose "Start" and then select "Episode 1." Once it has started, ようこそ、六軒島へ will unlock. You can press to auto-advance through all of the scenes. You can "sit back and watch" at this point, or rather, "go to bed" or "go to work." There will be no interaction required 'til the episode ends, and at that point, 黄金の魔女の伝説 will unlock. Return to the main menu.

Step #3 -- Tea Party
At the main menu, there will be new options. Choose "Tea Party" and then select "Episode 1." You can press to auto-advance through all of the scenes. You can "sit back and watch" at this point, or rather, "go to bed" or "go to work." There will be no interaction required 'til the episode ends, and at that point, Episode 1 お茶会 will unlock. Return to the main menu.

Step #4 -- ????
At the main menu, there will be new options. Choose "????" and then select "Episode 1." You can press to auto-advance through all of the scenes. You can "sit back and watch" at this point, or rather, "go to bed" or "go to work." There will be no interaction required 'til the episode ends, and at that point, Episode 1 裏お茶会 will unlock. Return to the main menu.

Step #5 -- Characters
At the main menu, there will be new options. Choose "Characters" and then select "Episode 1." Press on all of the characters that say "NEW!!" and be aware that 1) There are two or three sets of characters for each episode. Press and to move between the sets, and 2) You also need to check the "dead version" of each character. Press to switch between the "alive version" and "dead version" of each character. When all of the characters (both "alive versions" and "dead versions") have been checked and there are no more "NEW!!" icons, Episode 1 Charactersハンター will unlock. Return to the main menu.

Step #6 -- Tips
At the main menu, there will be new options. Choose "Tips" and then select "Episode 1." Press on all of the tips that say "NEW!!" When all of the tips have been checked and there are no more "NEW!!" icons, Episode 1 Tipsハンター will unlock. Return to the main menu.

Step #7 -- Rinse and Repeat!
Go back to Step #2 ~ Step #6 and repeat them for Episode 2, Episode 3, and Episode 4. To reiterate, the order is...

A) Episode ---> B) Tea Party ---> C) ???? ---> D) Characters ---> E) Tips

...and at the end of the road, look forward to a new !

Last edited by Aeliana; 11-08-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Aeliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Aeliana

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   PAX Meet Up   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!

TROPHY GUIDE

ようこそ、六軒島へ
Episode 1を開始する。

[Welcome to Rokkenjima]
[Start Episode 1.]

Story Related. It will unlock at the start of Episode 1. Refer to Step #2 of the Road Map.

設定変更
Configで設定を変更する。

[Change Settings]
[Change Settings via the Config Menu.]

Choose "Config" from the main menu and it will unlock. Refer to Step #1 of the Road Map.

Episode 1 Tipsハンター
Episode 1のTipsを全て閲覧する。

[Episode 1 Tips Hunter]
[Read through all of the "Tips" in Episode 1.]

Read through all of the "Tips" in Episode 1. Refer to Step #6 of the Road Map.

Episode 1 Charactersハンター
Episode 1のCharactersを全て閲覧する。

[Episode 1 Characters Hunter]
[Read through all of the "Characters" in Episode 1.]

Read through all of the "Characters" in Episode 1. Refer to Step #5 of the Road Map.

Episode 2 Tipsハンター
Episode 2のTipsを全て閲覧する。

[Episode 2 Tips Hunter]
[Read through all of the "Tips" in Episode 2.]

Read through all of the "Tips" in Episode 2. Refer to Step #6 of the Road Map.

Episode 2 Charactersハンター
Episode 2のCharactersを全て閲覧する。

[Episode 2 Characters Hunter]
[Read through all of the "Characters" in Episode 2.]

Read through all of the "Characters" in Episode 2. Refer to Step #5 of the Road Map.

Episode 3 Tipsハンター
Episode 3のTipsを全て閲覧する。

[Episode 3 Tips Hunter]
[Read through all of the "Tips" in Episode 3.]

Read through all of the "Tips" in Episode 3. Refer to Step #6 of the Road Map.

Episode 3 Charactersハンター
Episode 3のCharactersを全て閲覧する。

[Episode 3 Characters Hunter]
[Read through all of the "Characters" in Episode 3.]

Read through all of the "Characters" in Episode 3. Refer to Step #5 of the Road Map.

Episode 4 Tipsハンター
Episode 4のTipsを全て閲覧する。

[Episode 4 Tips Hunter]
[Read through all of the "Tips" in Episode 4.]

Read through all of the "Tips" in Episode 4. Refer to Step #6 of the Road Map.

Episode 4 Charactersハンター
Episode 4のCharactersを全て閲覧する。

[Episode 4 Characters Hunter]
[Read through all of the "Characters" in Episode 4.]

Read through all of the "Characters" in Episode 4. Refer to Step #5 of the Road Map.

Episode 1 お茶会
Episode 1 お茶会を最後まで読む。

[Episode 1 Tea Party]
[Read until the end of the Episode 1 "Tea Party."]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of the Episode 1 "Tea Party." Refer to Step #3 of the Road Map.

Episode 1 裏お茶会
Episode 1 裏お茶会(????)を最後まで読む。

[Episode 1 Reverse Tea Party]
[Read until the end of the Episode 1 "Reverse Tea Party (????)."]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of the Episode 1 "????." Refer to Step #4 of the Road Map.

Episode 2 お茶会
Episode 2 お茶会を最後まで読む。

[Episode 2 Tea Party]
[Read until the end of the Episode 2 "Tea Party."]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of the Episode 2 "Tea Party." Refer to Step #3 of the Road Map.

Episode 2 裏お茶会
Episode 2 裏お茶会(????)を最後まで読む。

[Episode 2 Reverse Tea Party]
[Read until the end of the Episode 2 "Reverse Tea Party (????)."]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of the Episode 2 "????." Refer to Step #4 of the Road Map.

Episode 3 お茶会
Episode 3 お茶会を最後まで読む。

[Episode 3 Tea Party]
[Read until the end of the Episode 3 "Tea Party."]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of the Episode 3 "Tea Party." Refer to Step #3 of the Road Map.

Episode 3 裏お茶会
Episode 3 裏お茶会(????)を最後まで読む。

[Episode 3 Reverse Tea Party]
[Read until the end of the Episode 3 "Reverse Tea Party (????)."]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of the Episode 3 "????." Refer to Step #4 of the Road Map.

Episode 4 お茶会
Episode 4 お茶会を最後まで読む。

[Episode 4 Tea Party]
[Read until the end of the Episode 4 "Tea Party."]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of the Episode 4 "Tea Party." Refer to Step #3 of the Road Map.

Episode 4 裏お茶会
Episode 4 裏お茶会(????)を最後まで読む。

[Episode 4 Reverse Tea Party]
[Read until the end of the Episode 4 "Reverse Tea Party (????)."]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of the Episode 4 "????." Refer to Step #4 of the Road Map.

とある力の積み重ね
プレイ時間が50時間を超える。

[Accumulation of a Certain Power]
[50+ hours of Play Time.]

50+ hours of Play Time. It will unlock around the time of Episode 4.

クリック回数がこんなにおおいわけがない
メッセージ送りが30000回を超える。

[There's No Good Reason to Click This Much]
[30,000+ lines of Advanced Messages.]

30,000+ lines of Advanced Messages. It will unlock around the time of Episode 4.

楼座無双
黄金の夢を「うをおおおおおおおおおおオオオォオオオォオッ!!!」と見せてもらう。

[Rosa Unrivaled]
[Heard the "uwoooooooooooooooooooo!!!" scream in Kinzo's Dream.]

Story Related. It will unlock in the middle of Episode 2. Refer to Step #2 of the Road Map.

Last edited by Aeliana; 02-18-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Aeliana

黄金の魔女の伝説
Episode 1を最後まで読む。

[Legend of the Golden Witch]
[Read until the end of Episode 1.]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of Episode 1. Refer to Step #2 of the Road Map.

黄金の魔女の手番
Episode 2を最後まで読む。

[Turn of the Golden Witch]
[Read until the end of Episode 2.]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of Episode 2. Refer to Step #2 of the Road Map.

黄金の魔女の宴
Episode 3を最後まで読む。

[Banquet of the Golden Witch]
[Read until the end of Episode 3.]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of Episode 3. Refer to Step #2 of the Road Map.

黄金の魔女の同盟
Episode 4を最後まで読む。

[Alliance of the Golden Witch]
[Read until the end of Episode 4.]

Story Related. It will unlock at the end of Episode 4. Refer to Step #2 of the Road Map.

CGハンター
Picture Boxの達成率が100%になる。

[CG Hunter]
[100% Completion Rate of the Picture Box.]

100% Pictures in the Picture Box. It will unlock around the time of the Episode 4 "Tea Party" and "????". You can check the % Complete at any time from the main menu.

Musicハンター
Music Boxの達成率が100%になる。

[Music Hunter]
[100% Completion Rate of the Music Box.]

100% Music in the Music Box. It will unlock around the time of the Episode 4 "Tea Party" and "????". You can check the % Complete at any time from the main menu.

Witchハンター
全てのトロフィーを集める。

[Witch Hunter]
[Acquired all the Trophies.]

Congratulations on the Platinum!

Last edited by Aeliana; 02-18-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #4
silver9T9

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Thanks for the guide

Now if only I can find this game for under $100
Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 AM   #5
BreadSkin
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Bread's ''Y U No Play These Gamez?!''   Lab's ''Did Someone Say Chimichanga?'' List   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   Staff - Super Moderator   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Guide Supplement Bronze
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)

This is one of those times that I wish the PS3 allowed installing fansub patches via the interwebz so I can understand these kinda games.

Great work nonetheless Aeliana !
BreadSkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:45 AM   #6
Aeliana

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver9T9
Thanks for the guide

Now if only I can find this game for under $100
You are most welcome! Still $88.90 at NCSX, $94.90 at Play-Asia... I love ~no Naku Koro ni (not to mention trophies, haha) so it was worth it to me, but it's indeed expensive. I blame the 1 USD = 83.7 Yen exchange rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadSkin
This is one of those times that I wish the PS3 allowed installing fansub patches via the interwebz so I can understand these kinda games.

Great work nonetheless Aeliana !
I wish that too, so many 'visual novels' have incredible stories that I think a lot of English speakers would enjoy if it were made more accessible to them. Thanks for the compliment, Bread!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:56 AM   #7
Malice_Mizer

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeliana View Post
I wish that too, so many 'visual novels' have incredible stories that I think a lot of English speakers would enjoy if it were made more accessible to them. Thanks for the compliment, Bread!
Fortunately people can just buy Umineko for PC in English from Witch Hunt and enjoy it that way. I'm actually playing it right now simul-cast with a laptop with the PC version and the PS3 version running in unison.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:36 AM   #8
Shuffle

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice_Mizer View Post
Fortunately people can just buy Umineko for PC in English from Witch Hunt and enjoy it that way. I'm actually playing it right now simul-cast with a laptop with the PC version and the PS3 version running in unison.
True but the PS3 version is superior.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #9
Malice_Mizer

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
True but the PS3 version is superior.
Oh! Definitely! I just see playing the PC/PS3 versions simultaneous like the video game equivalent of watching a fan-subbed episode of an anime. Only with a lot more clicking.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #10
Donkey-er

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

awesome! thank you verry much!

Donkey-er is offline   Reply With Quote