Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru (うみねこのなく頃に散) Coming This Winter ...

Famitsu has a report on Umineko no Naku Koro ni: Nocturne of Truth and Illusions, which is coming to PS3 this winter. We’re still waiting for specific details like what content is included.

Source from Siliconera :

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Chiru Continues 07th Expansion's Story On PS3 This Winter | Siliconera

Ooooh am soo excited cuz i know PS3 will look amazing on HD like the First one :dance:

Just started the 1st game on Saturday.

I'm impressed by the depth of the story although I've just played this for around 3 hours.

I didn't watch the anime version of this series, so the story is still intriguing :D

Maybe I will pick up this sequel with the preorder bonus given :p

Will this be a stand-alone release, or would I need the first one in my possession as well?

In my opinion, it's not a standalone. While each episode continues the different views on what happened on Rokkenjima during those couple of days they stayed there just like how the 1st game did, but will answer some clues that were left unsolved. Plus it's good to understand the characters.

So in a way, it's kind of like how Higurashi no Naku Noro ni Kai was to the 1st Higurashi anime series except there is no anime of the Chiru Umineko episodes. The Umineko anime covers the 4 episodes available in the PS3 collection which is also being braked down to 2 PSP games.

Oh, I realize the second will be related to the story of the first, but I'm talking tech specs here; is this new game an add-on for the first (in the manner of DLC for retail games), or a seperate release?

Well I guess the best way to describe it is that it's seperate.

There were 8 total episodes released on PC(the 8th episode actually has a decision to make and I believe a couple of other things in it). The 1st collection on PS3 was the 1st half of the series, while this is the 2nd half. So if you want, you can treat it as an actual sequel and not as like an add-on.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...