I <3 This Game.

ToastedAndButter

I think this is a great game, the storyline oh yeah..great.. the whole 3 times through for a platinum, is a lil tedious, and very unresponsive sometimes. But all that aside i think this is a really fun game im enjoying it. Good times swinging round poles and shooting shit.

Someone out there must feel the same way i do?

Yeah I'm in the group that enjoyed this game, and I'd also enjoy a sequel even though there's a ton of room for improvement. So I'm always very up and down about this game. With every positive I can point out a negative. Like the great music, but the outdated graphics. The awesome grindhouse look but the iffy controls (particularly with platforming), etc. And a small note that always surprised me was how Rubi only had one sword attack the whole game, was there really no other way of having the player hold a certain button to make Rubi do some different slashes other than the same 3 slash combo. Oh, well. Good game though.

And someone mentioned enjoying the humor, something that always got me was Rubi's comment during the final battle "Don't be shy, bitch!" Got me everytime.

Edited by JaD

1st playthrough - Really enjoyed it

2nd playthrough -Was starting to get tedious/boring

3rd playthrough - Was becoming unbearable (Also had to mute my T.V because the repetive pistol gunfire was driving me insane)

4th Playthrough - WHEN DOES IT END!!

Dont get me started on "Crack shot 2" (A boneyard challenge)

• 2 weeks later...

this game is so very cool, i mean... its a shooter with no need to mind to much about, just shoot, enjoy, show ur skill, an old school as u cant find around. Ruby is a cool and hot character, the storyline is ok. The trophy settings is definitly hard, but with dedication and patience u can earn all of them. And, u know what? Even the soundtrack is awesome! WET is a perfect "second game", i mean, ur very busy in playn something u need to take a break sometimes (for example, im boostin FEAR 2, very borin' online -while great offline-), well, switch on WET, have fun and recharge ur battery! That's what WET is.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I think this is a great game, the storyline oh yeah..great.. the whole 3 times through for a platinum, is a lil tedious, and very unresponsive sometimes. But all that aside i think this is a really fun game im enjoying it. Good times swinging round poles and shooting shit.

Someone out there must feel the same way i do?

i know this thread is kinda old but i just bought this game this weekend for 17 bucks(was sitting around bored) and i love it. I like the story, the grindhouse feel and im having fun playing it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Already done fixer and golden bullets and now starting on the ultra hard one after it being left in my cupboard gathering dust and theres a perfectly good explanation for that.

The endless sound of the same gunfire gives one a headache.

The graphics and animations are terrible.

The story is too simple.

Points count mode, was there any point in putting this in honestly?

Anti-climax boss battles

Only good thing I found was the music. Thats about it. So here I am now, pushing through this ultra hard one then points count mode after another couple months to get over the last playthrough.

You may ask "why are you playing it if you don't like it"

I did like it ish, the first playthrough was bearable. Now I have a game on my trophy list that is so so % and I just want to get it out of the way. ;)

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i loved this game, this along with alpha protocol were 2 big surprises to me, as both games were panned by critics and gamers alike, but i loved them both.

in the case of wet, the gunplay, the acrobatics, even the graphics, i think those work with the grind feel the games gives, rubi is such an awesome character, the voice acting was good (eliza dushku!), but the best part of the game, the excellent soundtrack. i really enjoyed this game, altough i admit having is faults, those are, at least for me, forgeteable for all the fun i got with this game. strangely enough, i had more issues playing this on fixer than in femme fatale, maybe i got to know the game better...??