why do people not like this game?

yodaddy9

i thought this game was AWESOME! i loved the action and i did not tire of it at all. Ive heard ppl cry about the platforming sections especially. My advice to those ppl is suck less. I got this game for $9 and feel like im rippin someone off. Ive been excited to own this game since i played the demo, and im very happy with my purchase. The ratings I see for this game (5-7 on 10 pt scale averages) are ridiculous. Its a solid 8. Nothing earth-shattering, but definitely better than the vast majority of action games out there.

srry just had to get that out. every comment i hear in regards to this game is always negative and i felt compelled to defend a game I personally enjoyed very much. thanks for letting me rant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

the only complaint I had with the game was that some of the controls for wall jumping were really non-responsive. Like, I stopped playing the game for a few days during the last segment of the last stage because no matter what I did Rubi always fell off the wall and died. Other than that, the story and everything was really interesting and the music was great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This game has a great quirky soundtrack and a cool grindhouse feel to it, but lets face it...the graphics suck and the game play is just clunky. But I am going to PLAT this game once I clear some room off my gameplay list. I love games with a badass female protagonist. Yes, I will being spending some time with RUBI MALONE very soon.

Edited by Galaga43

• 3 weeks later...

Two things were very clear when I played Wet:

1) It's definitely a fun game.

2) There are definitely better games out there.

If you weren't into the presentation, nothing was going to change that. Same with the game play.

It was very repetitive (combat mostly) and the main character is completely unlikeable. I'm talking a Kratos level of being unlikeable.

lol Got to give you credit there. Definitely the first time I heard Kratos called unlikeable.:D

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
It was very repetitive (combat mostly) and the main character is completely unlikeable. I'm talking a Kratos level of being unlikeable.

yeah, is a bit repetitive, but i still liked the game. however, about kratos comparison, thats is going too much, i mean, that guy deserved every and each of the things he endured... well maybe not everything but lets not get into detail. on the other hand, rubi had some good one liners, and i really had fun playing with her.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It was my first and favourite Platinum, and two years later I'm still playing; it's an awesome game. Sure, the plot's nothing special, and neither are the graphics - but those just gave it more character. The gameplay was cheesily over the top, too, but I loved it. It really is the best of any other kill bill type of games I've played before and I don't think I'll ever grow tired of it. Best £7 I ever spent in my life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i thought this game was AWESOME! i loved the action and i did not tire of it at all. Ive heard ppl cry about the platforming sections especially. My advice to those ppl is suck less. I got this game for $9 and feel like im rippin someone off. Ive been excited to own this game since i played the demo, and im very happy with my purchase. The ratings I see for this game (5-7 on 10 pt scale averages) are ridiculous. Its a solid 8. Nothing earth-shattering, but definitely better than the vast majority of action games out there.

srry just had to get that out. every comment i hear in regards to this game is always negative and i felt compelled to defend a game I personally enjoyed very much. thanks for letting me rant

This game is too hard for some noobs and they mad.

• 1 month later...