OLIVERMC97

What would you rate this game?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate this game?

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8671/gamereviewthreadheader.png

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/26/averagereviewscore4.png

Average Game Rating = 4.0

How To Review

1. Please don't post a review without having played the game first!
  2. Please don't post a review unless you have played alot of hours or have completed the game.
  3. Please DON'T write any spoilers. If in doubt contact me.
  4. Only write about the multiplayer aspect in the 'Multiplayer Experience' heading.
  5. Please put a description in each section & then rate it out of 10.
  6. Do not review on the trophy aspect of the game.
  7. Anybody can review, you dont have to write a huge review. Just your thoughts on the game.
  8. Review what YOU think & don’t be influenced by others.

Template

Story:

Gameplay:

Controls:

Graphics:

Sound (Gameplay):

Sound (Music):

Wow Factor:

Replay Value:

Multiplayer Experience:

Rent or Buy this Game?

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: Use the Poll!

Please Use the above as a template for your review. But if you want you can add your own titles. Remember to use the poll!

NOTE: This is not a discussion thread, please only post your reviews. Any other posts will be deleted.

Please don't create these type of threads yourself, If you need further assistance contact:

:psn: Harry94

:psn: OLIVERMC97

Edited by OLIVERMC97

• 4 months later...

What the hell, I'll write a review :p

Story: Since the game only serves as a tutorial, there really is no story. Although, I'd really like to hear more of Faces wacky adventures. N/A

Gameplay: Again, the game serves only as a tutorial, so it doesn't really have a 'gameplay' aspect... N/A

Controls: Of course, being a Vita Tutorial, Welcome Park makes excellent use of all of the Vitas control features, touchpad (front and rear), six-axis, camera and mic are all utilised well. 8/10

Graphics: Not a hell of a lot to brag about, Welcome Park consists mainly of simple shapes and the only 'character' to speak of is really just a stickfigure in bold font... 3/10

Sound (Gameplay): Doesn't really have any 'gameplay music'. But going for the '20 sound ball thingy' trophy WILL drive you insane if you listen to it for too long... HINT: pressing the volume Up and Down buttons at the same time will mute your console. Very handy for this trophy ;) 2/10

Sound (Music): The BGM in Welcome Park is very light and jazzy, reminiscent of Gran Turismo. Very classy ;) 8/10

Wow Factor: If you're completely new to Vita (like me) and Welcome Park is really the only thing that you've played on it then Welcome Park's 'Wow Factor' really only comes from the capabilities of the console itself rather than the software. And since the Vita's capabilities are basically a glorified iPod Touch, I'll give this a 5/10

Replay Value: 100% it and then ditch the sucker. Tap it then gap it. 1/10

Multiplayer Experience: I suppose that really the only thing remotely 'Multiplayer' about Welcome Park is the leaderboard times. But you'd have to have a pretty strong rivalry with someone to actually compete on getting the fastest 'Digit Chase' time *Cough*56 Seconds*cough* :whistle: 1/10

Rent or Buy this Game? If you end up paying for Welcome Park at all, get your money back. You just got jacked, bro. N/A

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: Use the Poll! 28/70 (28/90 including N/As) 3/10

Edited by Metdevil

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Story:No story, basically an app that introduces the different features of the Vita.

Gameplay: Pretty damn boring.

Controls: Responsive enough.

Graphics: Simple, but OK for what it is.

Sound (Gameplay): Annoying.

Sound (Music): Again, annoying.

Wow Factor: No wow factor for me. It's really just a tutorial for the Vita.

Replay Value: There's really no reason to ever play this after you get the trophies.

Multiplayer Experience: I think you can compare time scores, but beyond that multiplayer is non existent.

Rent or Buy this Game? It comes as an app/game already installed on the Vita.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: I voted a 2/10. It really is quite boring, but there are fairly easy and straight forward trophies. The only reason I didn't give it a 1 is because it didn't have to be included at all, so it felt like a freebie that satisfied the closeted trophy whore in me.

• 1 year later...

For what it is designed to do, this game does a great job. It simply introduces the features of the Vita and how they can be used in games. However, while the mini-games themselves are interesting the first time that you play them, they don't have much reason to be replayed again. The production values are good, but again they are all very simple games. Once you beat the target times and earn all trophies, there is no reason to return.

5/10 for me.

• 3 weeks later...