Tips for 15 Puzzle

mastarifla

I know this is going to be the trophy that most people are going to have trouble with, unless they are a wiz at playing these types of games.

1) For your picture use the following, make sure to either make the picture bigger or move your camera closer so you get all of the tiles.

15 Puzzle

2) Once you have this it makes it a lot easier to see where the tiles are supposed to go.

3) Use a tutorial on how to solve these types of puzzles, personally I found this one to be the most beneficial to me...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpS9jZTvQzs]15 Puzzle Youtube[/ame]

4) It will take multiple tries to get this in under 50 seconds, but keep trying, with this method it is much easier than taking a picture of something that you have to keep mental track of, with the numbers already there, you can follow these youtube type guides to make as easy as possible.

I probably wouldn't have gotten it from a normal picture (well I got 51 seconds one time... that made me a bit mad)

Watching a tutorial video is an excellent idea! For your first tip though, I also like Pesico's suggestion of writing the numbers on a piece of paper and taking a picture of it. The fifteen piece puzzle isn't that bad when you follow these tips, and you effectively utilize the rainbow panels on the sides and on the top and bottom of the puzzle. I had no idea about them at first, until I pressed on the little question mark bubble to have that hint revealed to me. After that it was a piece of cake! I can only imagine how much faster I would have gotten the gold trophy had I known about that from the get-go. Well, anyway, thanks for these tips! :)

Yep, good tips for the most part for those not familar with 15-piece puzzles. Great choice they made for a puzzle.

Definitely can't stress how valuable it is to write the numbers down on a sheet and take a picture. You'll have better focus with a numeric order to setup instead of a graphic profile.

As for the rainbow wave panels, try to think ahead if you can towards the next wave change when making the sliding changes in that direction. Once you got that pattern down, its just a matter of shaving down a few seconds if you don't get it your first few tries.

Yep, good tips for the most part for those not familar with 15-piece puzzles. Great choice they made for a puzzle.

Definitely can't stress how valuable it is to write the numbers down on a sheet and take a picture. You'll have better focus with a numeric order to setup instead of a graphic profile.

As for the rainbow wave panels, try to think ahead if you can towards the next wave change when making the sliding changes in that direction. Once you got that pattern down, its just a matter of shaving down a few seconds if you don't get it your first few tries.

I used this... Just zoomed in and took the pic.

http://www.mriphone.com/gridgame/storage/2/resized.png

• 2 weeks later...

i used the number picture and it took about 45 minutes, but i got it. the best way to do it is to find the right one. like when it shuffled i got all the 10's in order and i had the 1-9 near so i got it quick. so look for the right set up and you'll do good. i got it in 43 seconds.

The tips in that video just made me realize how easy the 15 piece puzzle is to do with the added rainbow edge thing.

Step 1: Once the timer starts rolling don't worry about getting piece 1-4 to the top row, just get them into their correct columns before the rainbow edge switches to the top and bottom. If you don't have them in the correct columns before that happens, start over.

Step 2: Once the rainbow edge switched to the top and bottom slide the columns up and down so the top row reads 1 2 3 4.

Step 3: Next just do whatever it takes to get 5 and 6 into position, which shouldn't be difficult 7 and 8 however can be tricky but if you watched the video posted above just do what the kid does with positioning the 7 above the 8 on the right and rotating them into position.

Step 4: Get the 9, 10 and 11 into position and have the 12, 13, 14 and 15 on the bottom row. What you want to do now is use the left and right rainbow thing to slide the bottom row around so that the 13, 14 and 15 will be in the correct order and so that you can slide the 12 up into place. The 13, 14 and 15 often won't co-operate so this last bit will often take a few tries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The tips in that video just made me realize how easy the 15 piece puzzle is to do with the added rainbow edge thing.

Step 1: Once the timer starts rolling don't worry about getting piece 1-4 to the top row, just get them into their correct columns before the rainbow edge switches to the top and bottom. If you don't have them in the correct columns before that happens, start over.

Step 2: Once the rainbow edge switched to the top and bottom slide the columns up and down so the top row reads 1 2 3 4.

Step 3: Next just do whatever it takes to get 5 and 6 into position, which shouldn't be difficult 7 and 8 however can be tricky but if you watched the video posted above just do what the kid does with positioning the 7 above the 8 on the right and rotating them into position.

Step 4: Get the 9, 10 and 11 into position and have the 12, 13, 14 and 15 on the bottom row. What you want to do now is use the left and right rainbow thing to slide the bottom row around so that the 13, 14 and 15 will be in the correct order and so that you can slide the 12 up into place. The 13, 14 and 15 often won't co-operate so this last bit will often take a few tries.

Gonna give this method a go to see how things work.

I will reply back or edit my post and tell results! :applause:

• 3 months later...

The fact that you can slide the tiles is what frustrated me the most. I consider myself fairly good at slide puzzles, but due to the way the touch screen works every once in a while I would accidentally slide a row of tiles and mess myself up - adding the slide option is what made this so difficult.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Like the video showed on the first post, things get much easier if you manage to correctly place the first 2 rows, especially when you can slide panels around. Instead of all the shifting, you can actually just wait for when you are able to do horizontal swipes and put things in place.

At first I tried to just use normal strategy show in the video to solve things, but it gets kind of hard because I end up accidentally swiping more often than not. Take advantage of the feature, that's why it's there ;)

50 seconds is perfectly doable, except it depends a lot on luck imo. If you don't feel that you have a good setup, just restart to save time. Unless you want to practice lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...