3 or 4 Move controllers recommended?

amplifiedAnt

Found this as another bargain import - thought I'd get a cheap plat then sell on eBay as it's going for twice what I paid! :dance:

Anyway, I've only got two Move controllers so I'll need to borrow at least one. Is it really easy with three or still reasonably difficult unless you have four i.e. would I be better finding another to make it less painful?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I think three controllers is actually required. The dance routines, In the Moonlight in particular, require an obscene amount of points. I only barely scraped by using three controllers at ~450 points per person. Other games are also made much easier with additional players.

In The Moonlight is probably the only challenge where getting the Frenzied Score for All Night Long is even remotely troublesome with 3 Move Controllers. This is mainly because the male/female moves are very different and very slow, so one person holding 3 controllers can get tricky. The only other dancing mini-game that took me more than one try was Bombshell.

For all other mini-games, scores are fairly easily achieved with one person holding 3 controllers (for many, only 2 are necessary).

OK, so I just finished the Platinum, and here are a few notes:

1) You must have 3 Move Controllers

2) You don't need 4 Move Controllers

3) You do not need a second person to help; one person can handle all three controllers simultaneously on the dance numbers

Mathematically, the All Night Long trophy is definitely impossible with 2 people. However, the dance numbers become extremely reachable with 3, especially when you consider the bump from voting scores at the end. In The Moonlight isn't too bad - even though the males and females have different moves, if you follow the male moves, each male should score 600-700, and the female will still rack up about 400 points (plus the bonus 150).

One tricky score to do solo is Catch A Falling Star - however, you should be able to handle spinning two Move Controllers in your hands; the only remaining trick is to get both players over 600 before either reaches 1000. Just watch your points carefully.

• 2 years later...