"World Wide Warrior" question

EDIT: We've established that the trophy is for kills that your character gets as an NPC in other peoples' games; for the possibility of getting some help with this trophy, go to this thread: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/way-samurai-4/170646-world-wide-warrior-boosting-thread.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/950/44.jpgWorld Wide Warrior

Defeated 15 invading duelists.

It seems like next to no one on this site is playing the game, but I'll ask this here in case anyone has any solutions or knowledge about it...

In the game, you will occasionally meet "invading" NPCs - these are characters created by other WotS 4 players that get loaded into your world, and killing them allows you to take their sword(s).

The trophy description is worded in such a way that it seems to say you need to kill 15 of these "invaders" for the trophy, but I've killed just over thirty now, and no trophy. Also, my online records say "Duelist Victory Reports: 0".

I'm beginning to suspect that it really means your character has to be loaded into other games and kill the player there...Does anyone know whether or not that's the case? Also, is there something you need to do in order to unleash your character other than clear the game? Like, when the game asks you if you want to save your character at the START screen, I always say "no" - if I say "yes" does that mean saving it will store it online?

Any answers would be appreciated.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

The only way I can think of it being you killing invaders if the 15 all have to be in a single playthrough. If it's killing in other worlds, that's pretty dumb, but farmable if you can invade somebody else's and then let themselves lose + resummon via revenge horse. (getting summoned in the first place would be the hard part).

Your Current duelist victory report total? - Way of the Samurai 4 Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

Couple people on gamefaqs have 15+ duel reports, if you're willing to brave it you could ask them to see if they got a trophy for it.

Bloody hell, I can't believe how active the forum for WotS 4 is on that site compared to this one!

Looking through that link you posted and a couple of other threads I found there, though, it does indeed seem that people think that your character has to kill other players in their game for this trophy; and it doesn't seem like anyone has any idea how your own character gets uploaded to other players' games...

[...]if you're willing to brave it you could ask them to see if they got a trophy for it.

I don't really want to join another site just for the sole purpose of asking a single question, but I have to ask why you wrote that...The threads I looked through seemed helpful and congenial enough - is there some dark side to that site that I missed and that you're alluding to?

I'm pretty sure I can confirm that it's not for killing players that invade your game - last night I also tried out the "kill 15 in a single playthrough" theory with no results; and my "Duelist Victory Reports" continues to sit at zero.

And I still don't even know how or if my character is getting loaded online...

I guess we should maybe look into creating a pseudo-boosting thread: we can post our online IDs and if any fellow members encounter us they can let us kill them and maybe even use the Revenge Horse to repeatedly summon and lose to us...

What do you guys think of the idea?

I'm pretty sure I can confirm that it's not for killing players that invade your game - last night I also tried out the "kill 15 in a single playthrough" theory with no results; and my "Duelist Victory Reports" continues to sit at zero.

And I still don't even know how or if my character is getting loaded online...

I guess we should maybe look into creating a pseudo-boosting thread: we can post our online IDs and if any fellow members encounter us they can let us kill them and maybe even use the Revenge Horse to repeatedly summon and lose to us...

What do you guys think of the idea?

Sounds good to me. Ill start it off.

My samurai name is: Genji

PSN: Blade_of_Ruins

Even though this forum is pretty dead, I'll post the link to the boosting thread for the online kills here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/way-samurai-4/170646-world-wide-warrior-boosting-thread.html

Anyone else that comes into the thread and wants the possibility of help with the online kills can go to that thread and leave their PSN ID and samurai's name, and I'll add it to the list. And make sure to note the other names in the list so that you can give any help if you come across any other members.

Oh and i have 7 online reported duelest wins even tho i have killed more then 10 online people , random duelest and dojo invaders

It's definitely for your "ghost" killing other people as an NPC in their game (dojo victories and in-game "Duelists" don't count towards it) - I started playing last night with 0 Duelist Victory Reports, cleared the game without running into a single other "ghost", and when I checked my Records I had 1 Duelist Victory Report...So the trophy is going to come down to a great deal of luck - you have to hope that your "ghost" runs into other players when they're not playing on easy, or that they've just come from another fight or whatever...So far, out of something like 50 fights with other players' characters, I've only lost twice, and both times were when I had no life left after a long mission and hadn't gotten around to healing yet, and about half of those fights were on normal, with the other half split between hard and easy, so I haven't had any trouble killing invaders, so I don't imagine too many other people have either.

Oh and theres a thing call revenge horse at the graveyard that lets you fight the last guy who killed you, might be worth trying if i get killed by you guys

And if you need to message me my psn tag is: gravelthemonkey

I updated the list in the boosting thread with your ID, and I mentioned the revenge horse in the OP there, too; hopefully if any members run into other members' characters they'll be kind enough to let themselves be slaughtered a few times with the ol' Revenge Horse.

• 6 months later...
No.

You can only change your samurai's name when you begin a new playthrough.

I'm really confused about this trophy which is part of the reason I waited to get the game. This series is so complicated as it is and I platted WOTS3 almost 2 years ago so I have no idea what I'm doing again lol. I just started anyway so it's not like my character will kill anyone, but do all the kills have to be done on with the same character. What does it look like when you encounters one of these. Do you see other players psn ids or just their character names? right now my character is nameless

Edited by Vapor_N4

I'm really confused about this trophy which is part of the reason I waited to get the game. This series is so complicated as it is and I platted WOTS3 almost 2 years ago so I have no idea what I'm doing again lol. I just started anyway so it's not like my character will kill anyone, but do all the kills have to be done on with the same character. What does it look like when you encounters one of these. Do you see other players psn ids or just their character names? right now my character is nameless

When you enter a area theres a random chance you will encounter someones samurai.

The way you know is the game will give you a message when you enter a area saying the name of the samurai wandering the area. They will attack you on site so If your unsure of your abilities I recommend staying away from them, especially until you get a few playthrough in and a more decent sword.

When you enter a area theres a random chance you will encounter someones samurai.

The way you know is the game will give you a message when you enter a area saying the name of the samurai wandering the area. They will attack you on site so If your unsure of your abilities I recommend staying away from them, especially until you get a few playthrough in and a more decent sword.

Does your online character carry the same weapon you're currently using in the game?

A copy of the same weapon you finished your current playthrough.

Thanks. What about if you just leave with the fisherman holding the sword?

So kinda off topic but I killed a couple invaders and stole their weapons. They're a lot better than anything I have and I'm thinking I should start using them, but don't want to have them break. On a couple of them the durability is low and I'm wondering what I should do as far as refine/recast or whatever. Stats when I found it are:

Strength: 115

Durability: 410/410

Degradation: 10/14

Charm: Big Shot x3

Strength: 99

Durability: 100/100 - "Unbreakable" in title?

Degradation: 63/9

Charm: Life&death x3

Strength: 305

Durability: 1500/1500 - "Unbreakable" in title?

Degradation: 18/255

Charm: bigshot x3

Edited by Vapor_N4