Turbo

So, I just earned turbo:

I'm not sure if the timer is glitched (in your favor) or if maybe the cut scenes don't count in your time, because timing myself (with a stop watch), mine came to 85:19 when I defeated Underboss.

I did it with Nite Owl after I had all the abilities. I utilized the electric shock anytime there were BIG enemies around as they take the most time to defeat. I found that by throwing enemies (with circle) you were able to defeat them faster, because it only takes three hits with them on the ground. If you are high up, throw enemies over rails or into water. When you are separate paths, you often don't have to kill all enemies, just run past them.

However on Underboss, DON'T worry about any of the enemies while you are chasing him. Until you battle him for the first time, the enemies won't really bother you if you just keep running. Once you start battling him, you do have to clear all enemies before going up the ladder.

Any other questions about trouble spots, I'll try to help, but it's fairly tedious to get through in under 80... or 85... minutes.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I rented this game from gamefly and it was kinda nice cuz it came with episode 1 and 2 on a single disc....anyway, been trying to get this turbo trophy 4 ever game keeps freezing up after i complete level 3 or 4.....very annoying since i only need one more trophy for 100% on both dont want to send it back til i do this one...just wandering if anyone else has had this problem....got past that twice and locked up on underboss two times...wtf never had this problem with any other game so back to gamestop it goes...goddam 95%

Edited by primebeaver

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Well, I tried the strategy above several times with no apparent success. The biggest trouble was The Underboss who just spammed his attacks without any pause while my partner spent his time with goons. Also underboss is not counterable and blocks do no interrupt him.

Also Nite Owl is not very mobile and often gets stun-locked while you try to evade fights.

And one important note, I tried to use cutscenes to avoid fights like XB360A recommends, with no success, opponent and enemies stay where they are.

So I used Rorschach, dodged out of the harm's way and used Rage. Rorschach requires good knowledge of combat scenes and spots where opponents tend to drain your health really fast, but he really shines against the Underboss. I used only triple triangle combo, finishers on lying enemies and dodge. Counters were mostly during the rage, and aroun 5 standing finishers when I needed the rage. Also he shines with baseball bat and iron pipe weapons (used with rage I defeated all the opponents at the end of level 2 under 15 seconds), crowbar and the tonfa are good in rage, and bottles are not worth time spent on grabbing them.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
  • 5 years later...

FTG sideways many times over man! I followed a video just to keep me at pace and I actually did pretty good, was quicker than the video playing as Night Owl when this stupid Rorschach P2 who was supposed to open the first shutter door in Chapter 3 never came back and just fucking disappeared... 20+ minutes on still no bloody masked wanker in sight!

EDIT: 12.08.2022

Dafuq man! So I switched to play as Rorschach to avoid the (above) glitch from happening again and a new bug came up.  Night Owl P2 who was supposed to activated the crane just went up there and did nothing but say his lines.  What an utter piss-take.

BUGGED:  I suspect skipping a lot of enemies and not engaging with some of them will cause this stupid bug.  But skipping will save us a lot of time! Chapter 3 really seems problematic if we advance too much without waiting for AI Player 2, the asshat will just stand at a corner even when there are no more enemies around.  We cannot even give a nudge to wake them up.  Had really really good runs clocking under-par when various bugs just randomly appear and ruin the playthrough. I probably had tried 7 times for this stupid trophy.

But problems do not stop there with chapters sometimes freezing when loading.  They seem to happen when skipping chapter cutscenes.

This game is going to be the death of me. Really stressful to play when it should not be because it is just a simple, straightforward and easy game, only very badly coded making it a poor excuse of a beat-em-up game.  Reading some of the comments in here, I dread the moment it fucks up just when I am about to finish the game with a very good run.

On 8/15/2016 at 2:26 PM, tr33f1ddy said:

... the easy way was coop, just run... run... run!

It might indeed be better to do this trophy in coop mode. Coop mode must be played at least once so Player 2 can collect the upgrades as they do NOT carry over from just playing single player.  All combos, batteries or cards must be collected again to be able to have them on Player 2 to avoid being handicapped and under-equipped as this will only hold us back.

The XBA guide says that skipping fights is okay.  However there is no guarantee that the game will not freeze when transitioning to the next chapter, this has happened to me countless of times when spamming :cross: to skip them. 

Edited by Naps
... learn from our experience here, this game is NOT worth the trouble.