opinions on this game?

MickeyMix

So my step brother had this with his ps4 and after hearing the hype decided to give this game ago, after a few hours this game just got boring and a huge grind personally. Trying to decide if i actually want to force myself to platinum this or not.

Its not a shocking game by all means, just not really as good as anticipated, would love to see other peoples opinions on this thanks :p

Lets put it this way; in first 5 hours you will pretty much have seen everything game has to offer. 100%'ing it will take closer to 50 however...

Definitely case of quantity over quality, side missions are exactly the same over and over and over again. Story missions consist of exactly same gameplay elements.

Very repetitive but ok game. Easy platinum, easy 100%.

Lets put it this way; in first 5 hours you will pretty much have seen everything game has to offer. 100%'ing it will take closer to 50 however...

Definitely case of quantity over quality, side missions are exactly the same over and over and over again. Story missions consist of exactly same gameplay elements.

Have to agree. About 10 hours in and its getting a bit repetative. Not that bad that I'll give up but can see it being a grind before the end.

I've only played the game for a couple of hours but what I like most is that there are many things to do dotted around the map (granted they can be repetitive) however I do like getting side tracked between story missions to do them. I also really like the premise of the game as the idea of being a hacker and hacking stuff and the unique online modes are really cool ideas. I can't really comment on the story yet as I've not played for long enough.

HOWEVER .... What really lets this game down for me is the technical side like the awful control system that you aren't allow to change, the terrible driving mechanics. I'm not a graphics whore by any means but this was the first PS4 game I played where the graphics stood out to me as being not great after being wowed by the other games I played on ps4.

Yeah, easy after the latest patch :facepalm:, but some of the trophies are dumb pure luck spending forever hacking NPC's. :|

I completely disagree.

Yeah, easy after the latest patch :facepalm:, but some of the trophies are dumb pure luck spending forever hacking NPC's. :|

Yeah, maybe i should have specified that i only started the game a long time after they patched the drinking game. Songsneak trophy isn't all about luck either, there are a huge amount of startegies in the thread here. Finding the right ones got me 2 remaining songs in few tries each, however it took a while to find the right strategies.

I am curious however how can you still completely disagree this being an easy one after they patched the drinking game? The game was a grind but there was nothing hard about it the way it is today.

I honestly thought the game had all the makings of being the next huge sandbox title, it just wasn't executed quite right.

I really enjoy the game (I've finished the story, just working on trophy clean up at this point, then I'll get to the online), it actually managed to take a very familiar element and make it feel fresh and new...what other game can you hack like this? There just wasn't enough variety after a while. And I also felt the story lacked, I didn't really care about it at all, didn't really feel for the characters...it was the gameplay that hooks you. However, for me the absolute worst thing about the game were the driving mechanics...they're just terrible.

All in all the game is very enjoyable because of the fresh gameplay mechanics and new ideas, but the game has it's flaws...it was over hyped for sure. But if Ubisoft can make a few tweaks here and there, I think Watch Dogs 2 will be amazing. The game has a ton of potential.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the game overall, it was nice to have something GTA-like that wasn't necessarily GTA. I thought they implemented the hacking concept fairly well, and while the main character was a bit of a bore, the story overall was reasonably interesting.

The Platinum wasn't too hard aside from Social Lubricant, which even after the patch isn't as brain-dead simple as the rest of the trophy list. Yeah, some people got it on their first try, but some people aren't all people so YMMV.

The North American PSN store has it on sale this week (Feb 24/15), so if anyone has been thinking about it you can get it reasonably cheap.

• 2 months later...

I bought this game on release and put a good 20 hours into it before having the game breaking bug which was around back then. I lost all my weapons and upgrades and couldn't complete the story mission that I was on. I gave up on it.

Recently I was browsing the forums here and found that the drinking game was patched, I remember this being too difficult for me. This encouraged me to pick the game back up and start again. I have hammered through it in the last week only to have another bug occur with the city hotspots. I had to start over again to get that trophy. I finally have my platinum.

With all that crap that has happened, I still found the game really good. The story was fun to play but I do agree that you don't really get submerged into it. The side quests are really poor as after a few goes you are just doing the same thing all of the time and its too much of a grind. The driving mechanics are one of the worse I have came across in a game. They are that poor. The collectibles were a fresh way of getting collectibles and I enjoyed that.

All in all, if it is on sale, get it! Most of the bugs are gone now and it is enjoyable. It is also quite an easy plat. I think if a sequal is made then it would be a must buy as this game shown us a little of what this title can do and a sequel would deliver something very good!

It's on sale again and somehow I'd love to buy it although I am aware

that it might get tedious real quick.

My greatest concern is the online part. Are the trophies still obtainable

and somewhat easy to get?

The online trophies are still obtainable and generally simple to obtain, although the Traced trophy is a bit of a pain in the ass (and has been since the game was released). All in all it's an OK game, it's not as bad as some say and odds are you'll find it to be worth a sale purchase.

The online trophies are still obtainable and generally simple to obtain, although the Traced trophy is a bit of a pain in the ass (and has been since the game was released). All in all it's an OK game, it's not as bad as some say and odds are you'll find it to be worth a sale purchase.

Thanks. I think I'll dive into it.

Edit: Few hours in and somehow I am enjoying the game. Might not be able to plat it

because I am a very bad driver but still.

Edited by chiefo

So did you decide to play this game Hallaw?

Yes i did mate but not finished yet :) done all the online, hotspots and all the song sneak songs e.t.c just got campaign and side missions and social lubricant left. However i find it very tedious but i really like Clara Lille she's pretty awesome :D not going back to it for a while because i need someone to sit down and just chat with to make it less tedious but soon :)

I held off from buying this because of some of the criticism that I'd read about when it was released, that was mainly directed at the graphics, managed to get it cheap the other day and I'm actually quite impressed with them. Whilst not the amazing PC images that where shown by Ubisoft at the demos it hardly an ugly game is it, the detail and character animations are not too bad at all I don't think. I've only played a little bit of the game so far, and while it certainly isn't the greatest ever I don't think it's to bad, quite enjoying turning all the traffic lights to green and watching the carnage :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm enjoying it, the first open world game I'm spending more time on foot than a vehicle, due to the hacking.

EDIT: I just read the difference between online hacking and tailing! Tailing is going to be fun, and I wonder how many times happened to me as never knew about it and mostly on foot lol

Edited by cjdavies

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The game was definitely fun, especially for me since im majoring in Computer Security, so the whole game is like a big easter egg for me. It was fun, the story was pretty good, graphics were good too. Although at the end, it gets repetitive (ew 40 fixer contracts) and you have to grind a bit. Other than that, i definitely recommend it.