Freeware glitching

Rozalia1

It and the finish Act 3 trophies glitched on me when PSN was down a little while back. With them not popping I restarted the game (uploaded file to cloud), and made sure to keep the new file backed up to my USB just in case.

Act 3 trophy popped fine...freeware has not...several times. Got it sitting all complete waiting for me to unlock the final skill but every time I do it doesn't give me the trophy :(.

I've checked the net and it seems that trophy isn't a common glitched one either.

That is what stings most, I made sure to back my save and it still glitched again. No matter how many times I load that backed up file and put in the final points it just doesn't give me the trophy.

I was thinking maybe it might have something to do with the profile + user data files, as in when the game glitched it saved I'd popped it or something hence why it didn't give it to me again in the new file as I didn't delete any data (merely started a new game). However that doesn't make a lot of sense as the other glitched trophy popped no problem, and those files only list the first time you played the game from what I can see.

I'm waiting for the patch to hit Europe as freeware and social lubricant is all I need (might as well make the drinking game easier on myself), and I'll see if it autopops. If not I'll load up my backed save and see if it pops. If not than I'll delete the profile + user data files so it makes new ones and see if that makes them pop...and than if not than I'll have to start a third playthrough.

Thankfully I got a friend who hasn't played watchdogs that is up to play it so I'll not burn myself out going through the campaign again.

Edit: Seems the patch should be available in Europe as of this time...I'll have to check if it installed without me noticing.

Edited by Rozalia1

Dammit messed up my second file as the game must have saved when I had all the skills filled in, but I suppose it likely wasn't going to pop whatever I tried anyway. Social Lubricant popped no problem, I found a little known solution on the xbox forums however it didn't work for me meaning a new game it is.

I deleted all three files (Save+User+profile), deleted the game and reinstalled it (have it on disc), patched it, unlinked Uplay and told it to piss off when it gave me the prompt sign in/create account. There should be simply no reason for it to glitch on me now, none.

I'll be leaving a good amount of skills locked this time just in case until I reach level 50 whereupon I will back the file up and hope I get it this time.

If I don't get it this time I'll attempt to contact Ubisoft/Sony but ultimately I know that is pretty much pointless so I'll have to resign to not having the platinum due to a glitched trophy that has glitched on very few people.

Wish me luck guys.

Well it worked so my advice to any that have this glitch on them and have to start again is to delete all your data and start completely afresh. I'd unlink Uplay, play completely offline, and delete the game itself and reinstall it (quicker if you have the game on disc), and make sure to apply the patch before starting the game.

Doing the entire campaign + convoys + gang hideouts + any remote profiling I came across got me to level 47. I used the train trick to get to 200 points short of level 50. Backed it up and once I was in the game again I evaded a search to get to 50, I than put in the 55 points I had yet to put in and got it.

Ah yes try to have like a dozen skills locked because it might help too in stopping it glitching on you.

Finally this nonsense is done.