Online hacking/tracing question

BigDfan228

Just starting this game. A bit of a learning curve (for me anyway) but the more I get used to it, the more I'm liking it.

My question is: when it says someone is trying to hack me is there any real reason or incentive for me to try and stop them or even find them?

The 2 times I've had someone try to hack me was when I was close to my next mission objective. After chasin down the hackers I found myself having to backtrack to get back to what I was actually doing. Not a huge deal, just curious if I really have any reason to make it harder on that person when a lot of them could possibly be just trying to meet trophy requirements.

Plus it would probably save me time and get it overwith quicker if I don't resist right?

Edited by BigDfan228

You lose notoriety if they successfully hack you, and the more notoriety you have the more online skills you unlock.

Personally I only got to the notoriety level that gave me better nitro for races then reset it to help me get the Traced trophy. Just depends if you think you'll spend time online after getting the 4 trophies, if not then you could just give them an easy hack.

Also worth noting that while you're being invaded you can't start any missions so if you do let them slide you'll have to wait for the hack to complete before starting any more campaign missions

You don't get any usefull notoriety skills unless you play the online mode well beyond getting all the trophies. Some nitro boost, bullet boost against vehicles, both really useless from the trophy point of view.

Personally I kept the invasions off until I started online myself but aftrewards thought it might have been good to keep it on to get the tailings (I strongly feel that having low notoriety after reseting it helped me get more of them). I turned it back off afterwards, I hated the wait when I was about to do something else and somebody was invading me.

Completing online tailings is piece of cake and hackings are not bad either. Just profile the opponent, get some distance away, start hacking and find a car or a planter or something you can corner around right next to the border of the circle. Keep an eye on the opponent and once he gets close, keep cornering around the obstacle. I've had them running literally into me without spotting me.

I can confirm that you can earn the online trophies with friends, I did at least with the Traced trophy.

Actually the tailing part is buggy, yesterday I got a warning that someone is in my game, i didn't get the hack warning so it just means he's tailing me.

this morning a friend tailed me and I didn't even get any message about someone getting in my game, I just knew that someone tailed me coz he messaged me after I got the Traced trophy.

Edited by aeon44

U r not supposes to get a warning if u r being tailed. U only get one if u have been invaded and u tried to start a single player thing like start a mission or play a minigame. Then u get a purple circle and an invaded warning.

Otherwise if everything went well the tracker would invade and leave without u even realising it.

if you dont care about your notoriety points then i don't see why you would care about hacking or tailing but i always tried and mostly succeeded in stopping them becuase i wanted them to suffer like me trying to get the trophies i even stopped a guy at 99 percent once so he sent me a message cursing me out so i knew i succeeded

• 4 weeks later...

What's usually the best time (Europe) to find someone to hack? I've been trying to get the trophy the past couple of days but it's been getting worse and worse to find someone and even if I do find an average or weak one (found 1 hard and 1 average one in at least 25 tries :(), it won't let me connect most of the time. I can connect to private sessions perfectly fine, other players don't seem to be having any problems getting into my game to hack or tail me and it even wants me to join onine decryptions/races every once in a while but as for hacking sessions...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question on Hacking/Tailing, when I do it to people I have to wait until a bar reaches 100% right, well some people join me and all they do is spot me and it's all over? Is there a perk or that makes it instant because I've been defeated couple of times because of this and I don't even get a chance to look for them.

anyone know the traced trophy works - isn't it get tailed 5 times?

some says just needs to start, is it actually a completed tail?

i'm sure i've had 5 but still no trophy?

I'm 99% sure it just has to start. My trophy popped as soon as I got the notification that I was being tailed. You may have experienced the glitch that prevents you from getting the trophy. Check the trophy guide on how to fix it (really easy).

I have a question on Hacking/Tailing, when I do it to people I have to wait until a bar reaches 100% right, well some people join me and all they do is spot me and it's all over? Is there a perk or that makes it instant because I've been defeated couple of times because of this and I don't even get a chance to look for them.

I know there's a perk related to hacking/tailing but I don't think one of them is what you're asking. You can check through your phone for each of the unlock perks after a certain number of notoriety points (XP).

Cheers Johnny,

Did get it in end, not sure if it was after reset but it suddenly popped when I didn't even know I had been followed.

Main problem was getting a tail rather than hack.

Like blade, I'm not sure you always get notice of tail, it's whether you pay attention to activity. Think I read that a save icon becomes a different colour and appears at time you're not doing anything that should trigger.

Quite often I've tailed without being searched for, but always get a response when hacking.

I just realized a good way to check if you're being invaded if you're not notified is occasionally pausing the game, if you're invaded the game still moves while in the pause menu (because obviously you can't pause a game if someone else is moving around in your world), I've spotted a few tailers by doing this.

• 2 months later...

My problem is tailing part. I get hacked pretty often, but it seems people rarely use tailing option (and I know, there are no notifications or even stats, how often and IF I was invaded).

I tried to boost it with my friend (helped him on it - no problem), but he has problems with joining me.

The error pops, and/or it says that I'm busy doing mission, which I'm not.

Checked with my other friend and it's the same situation - I invide their game no problem, but the other way round there are some connection issues.