Media App/SongSneak Guide (Disk Space Full Trophy)

Sisren

Media App/SongSneak Guide

(Disk Space Full Trophy)

Watch Dogs has a total of 64 songs, 23 of which need to be unlocked in order to obtain the Disk Space Full trophy. These 23 songs are unlocked by hacking the phones of pedestrians, by using the SongSneak App within a building or near a car that is playing a song you have not obtained, or by completing certain story missions.

Below is a detailed description of the possible locations of every song in the game.

--------------

CONTENTS:

1) The List

2) Story

3) SongSneak

4) Hacking

--------------

1) The List

41 songs are available from the beginning of the game. These songs appear in your Media App from the first moment you are able to use it, and DO NOT count towards the Disk Space Full trophy.

- Acrobat

- Awake

- Big Chomper, Big Chomper

- Blues Before Sunrise

- Break It Down

- Cold Night In Chicago

- Confidential Liar

- Dangerous Tonight

- Day By Day

- Day'N'Nite

- Devil's Takin' Names

- Diane Young

- Feds Watchin' (Feat. Pharrell)

- Gas Station (Feat. Bun B)

- Gimme Danger (Remix)

- He Used To Be

- Help Is On The Way

- Howlin' For My Darlin'

- I shall Not Be Moved

- Invincible

- Invisible Man

- Kick Me To The Curb

- Move On Up

- My Brain Hurts

- My Love Is Winter

- No Number

- Old Lock It Down

- One Mic

- Panic

- Private Eye

- Raydar

- Satellite

- Scott Free

- So Ambitious (GDM Remix)

- Soldier's Requiem

- Sparklers

- Stolen From Some Great Writer

- The Good Life

- When I Grow Old

- Winter In Chicago

- Yes Machine

In addition, there are 23 songs which must be unlocked by various means within the game. These songs DO count towards the Disk Space Full trophy.

- Alarm Clocks

- Blvck And White (Feat. SRH)

- Bright Idea

- C.R.E.A.M.

- Cluj Napoca

- Conduction (Santiago & Bushido Remix)

- Dance

- Dark Steering

- Funeral Singers

- Going Down High

- High Class Slim Came Floatin’ In

- Jesus Built My Hot Rod

- Lost Boys

- Ms. Crumby

- My My My

- Never Again

- Out To Lunch (Feat. The Kid Daytona)

- Simplify

- Talk

- The Bottom

- Wake Up Sunshine

- Where The Sidewalk Ends

- You Burnt Me

--------------

2) STORY

These three songs unlock during the story (during the mission complete screens of their respective mission). It is possible (unconfirmed and unlikely) that you may also be able to unlock these songs by hacking the phones of pedestrians. These three songs DO count towards the Disk Space Full trophy.

Act 2, Mission 9 - C.R.E.A.M.

Act 3, Mission 5 - Jesus Built My Hot Rod

Act 4, Mission 4 - Conduction (Santiago & Bushido Remix)

--------------

3) SONGSNEAK

17 songs can be obtained by using the SongSneak App within a building that is playing the song. Below is the most comprehensive list I can manage of where to hear certain songs within the game. It is also worth noting that all songs listed below can also be obtained by hacking pedestrians' phones.

NOTE: The playlist order each store uses is randomized every time you enter, but they will always play the songs listed below in one order or another. If the song you need is not playing when you walk in to a store, simply stand and wait for it to play. Do Not Press Square To Change Tracks. Doing so will only ever play a song you already have unlocked.

NOTE 2: A song listed with a star ( * ) next to it's name is needed for the trophy.

Brandon Docks

Bar (slot machine icon)

- Gimme Danger (Remix)

- Never Again *

- Simplify *

- You Burnt Me *

Coffee Shop (chess icon)

- Cluj Napoca *

- Funeral Singers *

Gun Shop (behind building)

- Blues Before Sunrise

- Kick Me To The Curb

- Howlin' For My Darlin'

Restaurant

- Alarm Clocks *

- Dance *

- Gimme Danger (Remix)

- The Good Life

- My My My *

- Private Eye

The Loop

Clothing Store

- Acrobat

- Day'N'Nite

- Invincible

- Raydar

- Sparklers

Coffee Shop #1 (western chess icon)

- Cluj Napoca *

- Funeral Singers *

Coffee Shop #2/Coffee Shop #3 (central chess icon/southern chess icon)

- Simplify *

- Talk *

- Yes Machine

Gun Shop

- The Bottom *

- Never Again *

- Simplify *

Lounge (poker icon)

- Bright Idea *

- Cluj Napoca *

- High Class Slim Came Floatin' In *

- Scott Free

Restaurant #1/Restaurant #2 (north/south)

- Diane Young

- Satellite

- Talk *

- Wake Up Sunshine *

Mad Mile

Bar (slot machine icon)

- Acrobat

- Going Down High *

- Raydar

- Satellite

- Sparklers

Clothing Store

- Acrobat

- Day'N'Nite

- Invincible

- Raydar

- Sparklers

Coffee Shop (western chess icon)

- Cluj Napoca *

- Funeral Singers *

Gun Shop

- The Bottom *

- Never Again *

- Simplify *

Restaurant

- Going Down High *

- He Used To Be

- Panic

- Invincible

Parker Square

Bar (slot machine icon)

- Alarm Clocks *

- Dance *

- Gimme Danger (Remix)

- The Good Life

- My My My *

- Private Eye

Basement (poker icon)

- Break It Down

- My My My *

- No Number

- Winter In Chicago

- Yes Machine

- You Burnt Me *

Coffee Shop (chess icon)

- Funeral Singers *

- Lost Boys *

- Panic

- So Ambitious (GDM Remix)

- Sparklers

- When I Grow Old

Clothing Store

- Awake

- Cold Night In Chicago

- He Used To Be

Gun Shop

- Cold Night In Chicago

- Dance *

- My Love Is Winter

- Winter In Chicago

Pawn Shop

- Dance *

- Move On Up

- Wake Up Sunshine *

- You Burnt Me*

Pawnee

Bar (drinking icon)

- Dangerous Tonight

- Gimme Danger (Remix)

- Kick Me To The Curb

- Never Again *

Gun Shop

- Gimme Danger (Remix)

- Never Again *

- Simplify *

- You Burnt Me *

Pawn Shop

- Blues Before Sunrise

- Howlin' For My Darlin'

- No Number

- Yes Machine

- Winter In Chicago

Pharmacy

- Awake

- Funeral Singers *

- Talk *

The Wards

Clothing Store

- Awake

- Cold Night In Chicago

- He Used To Be

Coffee Shop (chess icon)

- Awake

- Blues Before Sunrise

- Move On Up

- You Burnt Me *

Gun Shop/Pawn Shop

- Break It Down

- Day By Day

- Old Lock It Down

- Out To Lunch (Feat. The Kid Daytona) *

- Where The Sidewalk Ends *

Restaurant

- Cold Night In Chicago

- Day'N'Nite

--------------

4) HACKING

The final three songs must be obtained by hacking pedestrian phones (or using SongSneak near a car that has the song blaring). They cannot be found in any building. You will know a pedestrian's phone contains a song as the cursor will turn blue when targeting them, and their avatar will have a musical note on it. Unfortunately, this process is completely random, and since it is the last three songs, you are likely to profile hundreds of people before finally getting these songs.

- Blvck And White (Feat. SRH)

- Dark Steering

- Ms. Crumby

TIP: If you are becoming desperate, try reloading your game. This can be done by entering then exiting Free Roam, or by exiting the game and re-entering. Many people are finding that soon after they reload the game, a pedestrian will spawn which has a song they are missing. As I have experienced this myself a couple times as well, I can confirm that it is possible.

NOTE: Teaming up with people in free roam DOES NOT WORK. Songs do not sync between people.

--------------

This guide was tested across multiple loads, multiple saves, multiple platforms, multiple completion percentages and multiple profiles. All information given is as accurate as is humanly possible.

This guide may only be used on playstationtrophies.org and ps4trophiesgaming.com.

Edited by Sisren
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow nice guide some people might get extra other song here and there but this guide is correct it takes awhile for the song to cycle but 30 mijs of driving around got me my last findable one and now at 22/23 :) (act 5 to go)

Edited by hawk199

Maybe you want to add for the 3 hackable one To scan around The Loop and or Mad Mile as i think i got 2/3 running around like at busy street scanning any Blue [ ] icon

Also advise player to do so untill unlock the perk Profiler Optimization under skilltree > Hacking

Edited by hawk199

Maybe you want to add for the 3 hackable one To scan around The Loop and or Mad Mile as i think i got 2/3 running around like at busy street scanning any Blue [ ] icon

Also advise player to do so untill unlock the perk Profiler Optimization under skilltree > Hacking

Both good tips, but I would rather only add confirmed, factual info (and will be removing things if/when people have a contradiction). It's more likely to find the hackable songs in crowds, of course. But they could be found just as well on a dead sidewalk across the city.

I've also found that the hacking upgrade that shows the blue squares stops working for songs once you're nearly done. I believe the game puts things that you're nearly capped on at a lower priority, and stops highlighting them.

EDIT: Thanks kfree7!

Good guide! I was wondering though if you could also make a list of the 23 missing songs in alphabetical order, that way I can just scroll through my list and compare with this to see if I have them or not.

Also good to know that 3 unlock during the story, I'm at 19/23 right now and halfway through act 2, so this means I'm really only missing 1 song!

Well I'm in the restaurant waiting for my last track, I'm hoping your right bro, I've wasted hours running around tryna find one song, lol.

I'll update with mad props if your right!

ÜPDATE.

You were right bro, thank u very much, saved me hours. It was the third song to play!

This needs to be stickied and added to the guide.

Looks like imma have my plat in a hour or so! Thanks again mate!

Edited by BaSHee26

Nice guide. Hopefully someone will be able to figure out if any of the newsstands play the 3 songs you have to get through hacking, or rather where they are. Still looking for Blvck And White. :(

That was my last one, too. I finally got it from SongSneak'ing a car about twenty minutes after posting the guide. It prompted me to add a few words about doing that in the last section.

EDIT: @BaSHee26 - No worries! I'm glad this is helping people.

Edited by Sisren

Nice guide. I'll link to it from the trophy guide. If you didn't want to do the newstands, you may want to consider just doing the four around Navy Pier since you can circle between them really easily and quickly.

With the exception of 1 and the story specific ones, I managed to get them all from hacking.

Edited by PS4Trophies Wozamil

Nice guide. I'll link to it from the trophy guide. If you didn't want to do the newstands, you may want to consider just doing the four around Navy Pier since you can circle between them really easily and quickly.

With the exception of 1 and the story specific ones, I managed to get them all from hacking.

I may drive around and see if I can find newsstands that play the three outlying songs after I plat the game, but really....twelve straight hours of the same music has me a bit burnt at the moment. Not to mention having to sit through those jazz songs so many times. To each their own, but I'm not a jazz person, and those instrumentals are 8+ minutes long.

Any help would he very appreciated. I'm stuck on Ms Crumby as my final song. I have been profiling people at navy pier hopin to see the music symbol and it never showed up. Are there specific spots/districts where that song will only show up? Does anyone remember where they found that one? I spent 2 hrs doing this and getting burnt out on it. Hoping for some advice. Thanks in advance.

Chris

I've been wandering around for hours profiling people for Dark Steering by Square Pusher. Does anyone have any tips? Should I keep draining people's accounts? I've been hacking everyone the let me and still no luck. Any help would be great.

Stuck at 22. :confused:

Thanks for the guide, though- awesome information! :applause:

I've been wandering around for hours profiling people for Dark Steering by Square Pusher. Does anyone have any tips? Should I keep draining people's accounts? I've been hacking everyone the let me and still no luck. Any help would be great.

Location won't matter. Just go where there are a lot of people, ideally Navy Pier during the Day when it's not raining.

Spent two hours running laps around the navy pier. Tried with pressing the square button to hack for stuff and with simply profiling without hacking. No luck. Any ideas?