Will the servers go down?

crusader17

• 5 weeks later...
I came here looking for just this info. If there is no word of server closures I think I may pick this up after working through my current library of games.

If you are looking to platinum this, pick it up as soon as possible. the learning curve is steeeeep.

Its not a question if the servers get shut down, its a question of how long will players keep playing. Dont get me wrong, there are still rooms to play in, its just most of the players that play still are good. Thus, its harder to climb the 275,000 point ladder to general.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no forseeable timeframe for the squeal "Starhawk", so I would expect servers to be up for a least another year. Plenty of time for the platinum to be obtained if you dedicate yourself to the game for the next year.

(platinum takes roughly 1,000 hours, which breaks down to 3hrs a day for 1 year)

It only took me 3 months of playing around 4 hours a day boosting to platinum this game. It was easy because I made a zone room and just left my ps3 on to get to general after I was done with everything else. Volkstech is the leader now of the boosting group that I left behind.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...