Before you decide to play, determine your goals.

Evermeet

Just FYI for anyone thinking about trying this game, the method for earning points by staying in the rookie servers no longer works. I've already let Tuff know so that the guide can be fixed, but let's be honest, updating this old guide is probably pretty low on the priority list. (No offense intended) :)

Apparently, some time over the summer, they lowered the max rank for rookie servers to force out all the alts who were noob smashing in the rookie servers. Unfortunately, this also puts people in the higher level servers against as high as Generals before (imho) they are ready to play against these guys. I've also noticed that the ranked servers are almost exclusively zones and capture the flag, so getting death match and team death match wins (and the associated medals) will be few and far between.

I don't say any of this to be discouraging; I just want you to be informed that this game is becoming even harder to plat than it already was. If you're going to play for fun though, there are quite a few more unranked servers (mostly player servers) than ranked. People do still play, just not necessarily for the trophies.

• 2 months later...

Thanks! This thread was helpful to me. I just got interested in Warhawk after playing Starhawk beta and was strongly considering a run through the ranks with Warhawk until I realized Warhawk is a very hard and drawn out game for trophies. Since I'm all about trophies (and achievements) I should probably pass right? I mean the game is already 4 years old; I think the opportunity to get platinum on the game is gone for most people...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Even boosting this game, the platinum is a long and drawn out affair. You can however get 75% of the trophies in just a few hows if you've got two controllers.

Is it possible to form a group (lets say 4~6 players) and attempt the Platinum?

A few of my friends are considering playing this game just like we did with Socom Confrontation. We spent 2 months exclusively boosting this game and we all got our platinums in around 45 days.

Is it possible to form a group (lets say 4~6 players) and attempt the Platinum?

A few of my friends are considering playing this game just like we did with Socom Confrontation. We spent 2 months exclusively boosting this game and we all got our platinums in around 45 days.

you need at least 8 players to make a ranked game

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Not yet.

I'm not sure I'm gunna post it.

I feel as though I should have gotten a site award for posting how to get #1 in lost planet 2, but I got nothing, not even a thanks from the people that got it thanks to me deciding to give the info out.

With all due respect, I think that even of you didn't get any award, you should post it. You won't get anything better in your life and won't get richer with site awards or thanks from people here. And even if you don't get any thanks, you be assured that you'll make easier the life of many players around, and God bless you for this.

• 1 month later...

i for one would thank you greatly as i am having a really hard time with this game now, i have been playing from the beginning but never really flew till early last year, now im lucky if i can even last long enough to pick up weapons before im getting wiped across the spawn point!!

• 3 months later...
Not yet.

I'm not sure I'm gunna post it.

I feel as though I should have gotten a site award for posting how to get #1 in lost planet 2, but I got nothing, not even a thanks from the people that got it thanks to me deciding to give the info out.

You know... Your the person who sparked my interest into trying for that number 1 Nom for LP2 again... When I got the game i LOVED it but that Nom is what stopped me from trying the plat after beating the story because it felt impossible to me after seeing some of the scores. But about a week ago I was talking to a friend about it so outta curiousity I looked in this sites forum for LP2 and found your tips/tutorial thread and thought to myself "damn.. Maybe, just maybe with some good practice I can get a milisecond ahead somehow and get the Nom" and am thinking about trying it. Might as well, I like the game a lot.

Now... I thank you and think its awesome that you were kind enough to share your thoughts and findings to make my confidence to try LP2 again raise. But will my thanks change your life? No... You'll get a sense of feeling good about yourself and maybe a sense of achievement for all of a minute and then probably forget about my existance by the next couple days lol. And does it deserve a Site Award for making the site a better place? Honestly, I'm not trying to be a dick, but don't flatter yourself.

I'm working on Warhawk atm and will be done in a week or two from now and I can confirm is completely possible to platinum the game via Boosting within 150-300 hours depending on your speed, whether or not YOU have alts, and if your in a server that can be up and actually ACTIVE for most of each week. And its also not hard to get a good system going for yourself once you know all the little tricks right from the start.

All I'm saying here, and I'm truly not trying to be offensive, but do good/nice things for people out of the kindness of your heart, not for personal gain to feed greed or an Ego.

Edited by Lyrikk

• 7 months later...