Easy Method for getting the True Son of the Emperor Trophy.

Believe it or not this trophy can easily be done in single player on the Private Exterminatus game.

Preparation

You will have needed to have played the Multiplayer to level 15 to unlock the ability to have 2 perks and got 50 kills with either the chainsword or powersword.

Once you have unlocked the perks associated with the 50 kills start a private Exterminatus game and choose the Assault Marine.

Ensure you have the following equipped.

Powersword/Chainsword (They have the same moveset and stats.)

Plasma Pistol

Power Swordsman's Zeal or Swordsman's Zeal

Impenetrable

Method

On the Game Settings Menu choose the Kalkys Facility Escape Arena 1 as between this and the Hab Center Assault it is the more forgiving of the two for a single player. Remember you only have one life.

Once the first wave starts wade right in, do not pause for anything, just keep killing. Now you will lose you armour pretty quick however as long as you keep killing your health will remain good thanks to Swordsman's Zeal/Power Swordsman's Zeal regenerating your health.

The reason why you should choose the powersword or the chainsword over the poweraxe is because they have the fastest attacks and the rate you kill with them will allow your health to keep up with the rate of damage you receive.

Once you have been killed (by whatever means as long as it is your Spacemarine taking a dirtnap) say no to retry and allow the game to calculate the amount of experience you have gained. Once it has done this accept the result and allow the game to save.

Quit to the title screen and then set up a new private Exterminatus match.

Repeat until the trophy pops or you lose interest and go to another mode, whichever happens first.

A few things to remember though

1) Your priority targets are the shoota boys, the rokkit boys and the shoota nobz. Even though you have the Impenetrable perk these enemies can make things harder for you when you are surrounded by slugga boyz. Take them out ASAP!

2) When it tells you to capture a point on waves 3 and 5, DO IT and don't dawdle about it! If you fail to do this it is game over and a good portion of the kills are on waves 4 and 5.

3) Be careful where you jump, you miss a platform it is game over. Remember you only have 1 life. Don't waste it on a stupid mistake.

With these in mind it is possible to get 700+ kills by yourself on the first 5 waves alone, which is a heck of a lot more than you would get playing it co-op. I've even manged to get to level 8 alone though once the scar boys started coming in serious numbers on wave 8 it got a lot harder to stay alive.

Good luck and may you get many trophies. (B)(S)(G)(P)

JvK :cool:

Edited by Jared van Kell

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

At the moment I'm farming the 40K kills, and I've figured out a way to get just over 1k kills per Kelkys arena 1.

Working on the Kelkys arena 1, have an assault marine equipped with chainsword or powersword, the fury perk for whatever weapon you're using and Impenetrable perk (less range damage). Now just start plowing through the enemies until you get to the "capture the checkpoint round" on round 3. Don't immediately go to capture the checkpoint- just carry on killing enemies. Then, in the last 20 seconds or so, go to capture the checkpoint and keep killing whilst there.

Thing is, the game keeps spawning enemies till the checkpoint is captured- if you don't have enough time, you just go into overtime (in which it still spawns enemies). The Kelkys facility has three capture the checkpoint bits (on the double checkpoint capture one immediately and then go capture the other with twenty seconds to spare), and with this you boost the amount of kills you can get. I've consistently managed 950-1150 kills per arena with this technique.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've figured out a way to get just over 1k kills per Kelkys arena 1.

... Don't immediately go to capture the checkpoint- just carry on killing enemies. Then, in the last 20 seconds or so, go to capture the checkpoint and keep killing whilst there.

Thing is, the game keeps spawning enemies till the checkpoint is captured- if you don't have enough time, you just go into overtime (in which it still spawns enemies).

I don't think it makes much of a difference because finsihing the arena also takes longer that way. And in the end, you will have to get the 40000 kills anyways, I don't think it matters whether you do that in 100 or 110 arena matches.

Overall, here's a protip for the developers:

If your game, after playing it twice, then replaying certain sections for various trophies, then getting a multiplayer character to the highest level and beating all of the ridiculously many challenges still requires the players to do massive grinding to reach a certain number of kills for a trophy, THEN THAT NUMBER IS TOO HIGH!

You probably considered yourself witty with the whole 40000 being part of the game's title thingy, but you're not. At least not for that.

i got big problem, i have put all kills done on paper and i missed out 2500 for single player kills now added up all what done exm kills i got 42 981 + 2500

and no trophy i pressed no eveytime i finshed an area. but some times it did come up with can not retrive score board. should i just keep going hoping it comes up or change to single player boosting?

never mind went to single player 14 of 2 and got it in 30mins

Edited by bocker

Overall, here's a protip for the developers:

If your game, after playing it twice, then replaying certain sections for various trophies, then getting a multiplayer character to the highest level and beating all of the ridiculously many challenges still requires the players to do massive grinding to reach a certain number of kills for a trophy, THEN THAT NUMBER IS TOO HIGH!

You probably considered yourself witty with the whole 40000 being part of the game's title thingy, but you're not. At least not for that.

This, took the words right out of my mouth.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh what a grind, between the untrackable method on 14-2 and the arena method it still takes forever. I swear I have at least 10k kills(still far off obviously after two full playthroughs, multi, several single and mult exterminatus playthroughs, 14-2 a few times and getting everything else but whatever) but I can't see where I am at which makes it sooooooo much worse.

Long story short this sucks and would be so much better if I could just see where I was at.

Does anybody know if it would take longer to do 14.2 or the horde mode, I see now that i should have been mixing horde in with the SP, doing it all at once is SO FUCKING BORING.

They are exactly the same timewise. It's just that in 14.2 you don't have to move much, but it has more potential of freezing. And yeah, you should mix between the two to reduce boredom.

Edit: what's up with 2 pony avatars in a row.

Edited by CompSci88

Does anybody know if the leaderboards are working or not? I've been doing the Exterminatus method but my kills are not appearing on the leaderboards. After i finish wave 6, i kill myself and go back to the lobby, i check the leaderboards to see if it counted but it just show the number of kills i got in that last session. Then i play another round, kill myself after wave 6, go back to lobby again, but when i check the leaderboards again it always...ALWAYS says "Failed to retrieve data" or something similar :mad:. This weird thing happens every time i check the leaderboards for the second time.

All in all, is it just me, or are the leaderboards really messed up? I don't want to grind this for 10 hours just to find out that my kills are not counting because of the leaderboards...

Thanks in advance...

IMO 14.2 is not worth it. If you have 500 kills and the game freezes it won't count. Exterminatus seems to be the best bet. Doing it that way I just add the numbers I get into a calculator. Going for 10k a day. Not to bad. Takes about 2 hours to get 8000 kills.

Edited by Ron-A-Palooza

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I have writen down my kills and im at 43k with no trophy. I've been playing the private exterminatus getting about 750 kills per round. After the final capture point in the middle that activates the guns I jump off into the abyss to kill myself. After your dead it shows my kills and the option of YES or NO for retry. Do my kills still count if I retry or do I have to say no and back out for them to count?? please someone confirm this for me!