CaptainTitus vs. Batman, Ezio, & Nathan Drake

With the DLC being pushed to October 25th is anyone shelving the game for the forseeable future?

I love Captain Titus, and Space Marine Multiplayer is loads of fun, but Arkham City, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Uncharted 3...

well the dlc is free, so that means Titus is winning

he´d rip batmans head off

punch enzio trough a wall

and pump nathan drake fill with lead

Edited by -Malik-

Hmm... Captain Titus is a 7' tall super-human who can outrun a car, carries a chainsaw as his default melee weapon, uses a rocket launcher as a sidearm, can punch through walls, can literally chew through metal bars, is wearing a suit of tank armour, can go for weeks without sleep, has three lungs, two hearts and a digestive system that renders him immune to poison, can clot wounds instantly, has superhuman reflexes and ungodly combat skills before factoring in any enhancements from the armour...

...yeah, safe to say that Titus wins against all competition, especially the trained chimps that Marcus Fenix orders around.

Ok I see the direction this thread is taking and I regret naming it as I did...

To reiterate the reason for this thread:

Do you think you will be putting Space Marine on the backburner with so many AAA titles coming out before and soon after the Exterminatus DLC?

Kinda already have, been playing Dark Souls lately. Really wish the Co-op Dlc would come sooner but whatever, i'll get back to it once it does:)

With how quiet this forum has gotten I think most have shelved this game which is sad.

Space Marine was released in the sweet spot without much competition in September or early October. If they had released this DLC in early October as they said we'd all be on it every day right now...as it stands, too much is coming or already has.

By October 25th I'll be cowl deep in Arkham City, sorry Capt. Titus, you lose.

With how quiet this forum has gotten I think most have shelved this game which is sad.

Space Marine was released in the sweet spot without much competition in September or early October. If they had released this DLC in early October as they said we'd all be on it every day right now...as it stands, too much is coming or already has.

By October 25th I'll be cowl deep in Arkham City, sorry Capt. Titus, you lose.

A trophy-whore forum isn't really the best place to determine if a game is dead. With that said, yes, the game will be shelved for a little bit while I finish Uncharted 3 and AC Revelations, but I will return to continue the multiplayer once those are finished. As a WARHAMMER fan (more particularly the 40k universe over the fantasy) I will be playing this until the servers shut down.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I platinumed Uncharted 3 (great game!) and Battlefield 3, but have come back to this. I don't know if i'm going to go for the platinum on it though. 40,000 kills? All those stupid weapon challenges? After platinuming the original Battlefield Bad Company and getting 10,002 kills without boosting, then platinuming Red Faction Guerilla with 250 games, then platinuming Killzone 2 being in the top 5% for one week (45+ hours in one week).... I'm burned out on this kind of crap. It's a game, not a lifestyle. Naughty Dog understands that; the online requirements are minimal for a platinum. Relic doesn't get it, and I'd rather not support a company that thinks I have nothing better to do with my time than spend 50+ hours grinding out matches, hoping for that last handful of technical multi-kills to get a stupid silver trophy. I think a better trophy would have been to complete all challenges for any three weapons, and let the players decide which three they want to complete.

Batman is tough too, but doable. AC Revelations significantly revamped their online trophy requirements, dropping the level cap from 50 to 20 for the plat. So these other companies like Ubisoft are beginning to understand trophies alone are not enough to entice gamers to grind away on their games. Relic didn't get that memo.

That being said, I came back because the multiplayer is fun. With a good team, it is really fun! However, the character movement in AC and U3 feels smoother, less clunky. But no guns in either of those games handle like the heavy bolter!

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 3 weeks later...