XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 09-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Overtkill21

Platinum Trophy Boring Platinum?

Someone told me last night that Warhammer was the most boring platinum ever.

I inquired if they had been boosting to get the Multi-Player Trophies; to which they replied yes.

It then occurred to me that if you are boosting so much that you have managed to make the game boring perhaps boosting is not the way.

I do see the value of boosting for certain limited elements, should you have trouble achieving the Multi-Kills or Devastation! or Kill Streaks etc., but there is a whole other mode coming out soon and it will probably work for most of the Weapon Challenges.

I find the game to be tremendous fun and I think my very limited boosting has something to do with it...comments? opinions?
Overtkill21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
roogog

Only boosted 10:1 kills trophy other than that its fun need 4 more till plat,don't find it as fun if I'm not in a party tho
roogog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
pmm_fin

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Boosting this game is incredibly boring. I can manage two devastation sessions in a row nad then must quite. Why not play?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
Overtkill21

You are very right. Boosting on Warhammer is boring; itís either standing there getting shot over and over or shooting a motionless player(s) over and over.

The Multi-Player is much more fun! Sometimes I get owned and other I am a killing machine, but therein lies the fun.

A good question for all who are boosting endlessly to win trophies:

If you paid $60.00 for a game and manage to degrade its value by engaging in the most mind-numbingly boring way of achieving trophies then havenít you really lost?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
pmm_fin

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I've noticed there are people who care more about the trophies than the games. I've read comments like "need someone to boost this asap so I can move to this or that (and boost it)".

Multiplayer is quite fun but it's got nothing to do with WH40k excepth the graphics. The weapon challenges kind of ruin it as I find my team often losing when everyone is just trying to get kills with tricky weapons.

Last edited by pmm_fin; 09-29-2011 at 04:46 PM.
pmm_fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
jamby

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

As everyone has said, boosting is extremely boring.

Actually playing multiplayer is extremely fun.

Singleplayer is also really fun too, in my opinion.

jamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
Overtkill21

I too like the MultiPlayer - I absolutely LOVE the single player campaign.

My one Complaint would be - not enough enemies, but I hope that Exterminatus will rectify that.

Oh and I get my butt handed to me in MultiPlayer often, and Iím not even trying to finish the Weapon Challenges yet -- LOL.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
-Malik-

Send a message via MSN to -Malik-

I havent boosted, so i find this game very amusing

the online is pretty good, and iīm not bad either.. I roughly comes out with a 20/4 kill death streak in every match ( seize ground). And 13/3 in annihilation

I haven't managed to get the devastation trophy yet, i have considered boosting it, but my pride is against it, but if that is the only trophy i need for platinum, i will of course kick myself in the balls and swallow my pride so i can boost it for platinum.

The new mode should help getting the weapon challenges ( so i have heard ), so why make the game boring by boosting them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmm_fin View Post
The weapon challenges kind of ruin it as I find my team often losing when everyone is just trying to get kills with tricky weapons.
*Chough* MW2 weapons challenges *Chough*
No they are not ruin the game, they make the game so much better for people going after them, and it helps trying multiplayer in other ways.

Last edited by -Malik-; 09-29-2011 at 11:12 PM.
-Malik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:18 AM   #9
avengedgodz

I got the platinum last night i boosted with some friends to get mien so we had fun chat the 40k kilsl was pretty easy and pretty quick i think that it was'nt that bad

All EMPTY FRIEND REQUESTS WILL BE DELETED INSTANTLY!!!!!!!
avengedgodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
InfiniteStates

110% agree with this thread. I only need 40k kills and all weapons challenges, and have nearly all the weapon challenges not including meltagun and vengeance launcher multikills without boosting.

If people want to boost, that's cool for them, as long as they don't ruin public games doing it. I personally think it's a waste of life, but when you're younger and have time to waste it's different.

Check out Extreme Golf for the iPhone.
InfiniteStates is offline   Reply With Quote