Boring Platinum?

Someone told me last night that Warhammer was the most boring platinum ever.

I inquired if they had been boosting to get the Multi-Player Trophies; to which they replied yes.

It then occurred to me that if you are boosting so much that you have managed to make the game boring perhaps boosting is not the way.

I do see the value of boosting for certain limited elements, should you have trouble achieving the Multi-Kills or Devastation! or Kill Streaks etc., but there is a whole other mode coming out soon and it will probably work for most of the Weapon Challenges.

I find the game to be tremendous fun and I think my very limited boosting has something to do with it...comments? opinions?

You are very right. Boosting on Warhammer is boring; it’s either standing there getting shot over and over or shooting a motionless player(s) over and over.

The Multi-Player is much more fun! Sometimes I get owned and other I am a killing machine, but therein lies the fun.

A good question for all who are boosting endlessly to win trophies:

If you paid $60.00 for a game and manage to degrade its value by engaging in the most mind-numbingly boring way of achieving trophies then haven’t you really lost?

I've noticed there are people who care more about the trophies than the games. I've read comments like "need someone to boost this asap so I can move to this or that (and boost it)".

Multiplayer is quite fun but it's got nothing to do with WH40k excepth the graphics. The weapon challenges kind of ruin it as I find my team often losing when everyone is just trying to get kills with tricky weapons.

Edited by pmm_fin

I too like the MultiPlayer - I absolutely LOVE the single player campaign.

My one Complaint would be - not enough enemies, but I hope that Exterminatus will rectify that.

Oh and I get my butt handed to me in MultiPlayer often, and I’m not even trying to finish the Weapon Challenges yet -- LOL.

I havent boosted, so i find this game very amusing :)

the online is pretty good, and i´m not bad either.. I roughly comes out with a 20/4 kill death streak in every match ( seize ground). And 13/3 in annihilation

I haven't managed to get the devastation trophy yet, i have considered boosting it, but my pride is against it, but if that is the only trophy i need for platinum, i will of course kick myself in the balls and swallow my pride so i can boost it for platinum.

The new mode should help getting the weapon challenges ( so i have heard ), so why make the game boring by boosting them?

The weapon challenges kind of ruin it as I find my team often losing when everyone is just trying to get kills with tricky weapons.

*Chough* MW2 weapons challenges *Chough*

No they are not ruin the game, they make the game so much better for people going after them, and it helps trying multiplayer in other ways.

Edited by -Malik-

110% agree with this thread. I only need 40k kills and all weapons challenges, and have nearly all the weapon challenges not including meltagun and vengeance launcher multikills without boosting.

If people want to boost, that's cool for them, as long as they don't ruin public games doing it. I personally think it's a waste of life, but when you're younger and have time to waste it's different.

the DLC in Oct will help this game out alot, just the weapon challanges andthe 40K kills trophy suck

agreed those are the ONLY 2 i do Not have yet. me and the guys i was gaming with decided to take a break until Exterminatus. we would play an actual game or 2 then boost a round or 2. sometimes we did not even bother boosting we just got in there and killed each other.

Love this game gonna keep it, online is awesome too, i haven't platted it but want too :3 Challenges look like a pain and so far only booster the 10:1 but in one of the games i got 15:2 !!!

and last kill was not so long before end so it is more than possible to do it without boosting... Need to level man xD + complete campaign on hard.

Boosting is getting a Trophy (an online/multiplayer trophy) by setting up a Private game with other like-minded players. You can then attain things like "Never get killed in a multiplayer match while standing on your head" easily since the other player(s) will do as you command to help you "boost" your trophy level.

Boosting is a bit controversial since trophy purists see it as cheating but trophy hunters, in general, seem more than willing to "boost" a trophy rather than play as the designers intended.

In the case of Warhammer, getting a 10:1 kill ratio in a real multiplayer game is tough, very tough. But getting it via boosting, is "Hey you stand there and I am going to kill you for this game...I'll have 41 kills and you'll have zero - bling trophy attained, your turn."

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't managed to get the devastation trophy yet, i have considered boosting it, but my pride is against it...

There was more to the qoute, bit I can't even bring my pride to the level to boost if only 1 I am missing....

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about pretty much all boosting. I know others disagree, but if you boost and don't earn the trophy, then how have you earned the bragging rights the trophy was designed for :p (Though on that front, I wish games would get rid of some of the more ridiculous online trophies, if not remove online trophies all together.... wishful thinking I know).

Edited by falconkeeper99

Personally I think that the multiplayer of the game is quite fun, very fast paced and thus makes it easier to go after the MP trophies.

Everybody's been talking about the devastation trophy, but it really isn't that hard once you get the hang of it.

My advise on setup? Assault with Chainsword/Power Sword and taking Air-Cooled Thrusters + Inpenetrable perks... high mobility and high damage output. Using the bolter now and then to get kills is a good way to increase your kill count without risking flying head-on against a melta (failed the trophy once cause of this... damn tacticals with 2 weapons >_>)

Personally I just have no idea how i'm going to do the VL multi kills... but I didn't invest much time in it yet anyway...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Personally, I don't enjoy MP at all, so I cannot say boosting is worse than just playing it regulary.

I think the trophy to get all the weapon challenges is pretty much extremely bad taste by the developers. There's only the need to get ten for armor, why all for the weapons? It takes waaay to long, much longer than you can keep having fun with this game.

Isn't the point of offering several different wepaons that everyone can choose his or her own style, play as he or she prefers? Why make them play with everything to THAT extent? It's just silly. I could understand trophies that make you try everything for a bit but not grind with every weapon, of which there are a lot in this game, until you are sick of each and everyone of them.