Most frustrating part of the game...

I'd like to get the idiot who designed the host selection so that it can choose one that has everyone else have red ping.

Team balancing is a good idea but at least it should let those making a difference stay in their team. However swapping useless players would't balance it much, would it? Sometimes you also see the ridiculous team makeups with one having all players lvl 1-20 and the other 30-40. On the other hand people at lvl 20 usually tend to be as good as they get.

I'd like to get the idiot who designed the host selection so that it can choose one that has everyone else have red ping.

^ This, QFT.

The team balancing doesn't bother me. Of course you will be dominating when the teams are unbalanced to the point the game decides enough is enough. If you like trampling inferior opposition I can see how that sucks for you. I personally like a good match.

Plus, you keep all your points when you get moved - all it robs you of is the win.

^ This, QFT.

The team balancing doesn't bother me. Of course you will be dominating when the teams are unbalanced to the point the game decides enough is enough. If you like trampling inferior opposition I can see how that sucks for you. I personally like a good match.

Plus, you keep all your points when you get moved - all it robs you of is the win.

A win that I earned. If trampling the opposition was part of the win, so be it. I shouldn't be punished for being good.

I may have to conclude that lag is the most frustrating part of the game and especially the lag caused by aforementioned game picking up the most congested player as the host. Players warp around, none of your attacks connect etc.

It seems always to be the worst when you play with thunder hammer and while your strikes connect visually, nobody seems to die even when you have the perk for instant death blows. Same when playing agains stationary heavy bolter troops. You are well out of danger and then you die suddenly in the cover. Like WTF?!?

It was not you (or others) being good that triggered the switch, it was your team having 2+ extra players.

Last night we had ONE more player than the other team and I was switched. 20 seconds later I was switched BACK to the other team after I got a triple kill. The team I was currently on still only had ONE more person, being me after they switched me. Three minutes later I was switched BACK yet again after capping a flag and getting a double kill. At no time was a team ever down by more than ONE person. Getting switched three times in one game....VERY frustrating... :think:

• 3 months later...
A win that I earned. If trampling the opposition was part of the win, so be it. I shouldn't be punished for being good.

Agreed. And yes, whatever idiot decided teams should be rebalanced DURING THE GAME is a moron. Finish the match, then shuffle. Seriously, who thought of trading players mid-match? The truth is, crappy teams get you killed; good teams help you kill. And with so many of these trophies riding on ridiculous requirements already (40,000 kills? 36 multi-kills X 3 weapons?), that should have been considered. The fact is an average player on a good team will have a minimum kill/death ratio of 1.2; on a sub-par team, 0.8 or worse. Things work smoothly when people have your back.

I deal with unbalanced teams all the time in Battlefield 3 (best game ever, imo) and even with a sound spanking from the other team, I just finish the match knowing things will (usually) balance with the start of the next round. I wish Relic with their 40,000 kill requirement Relic would have used the same approach.

Edited by poetic_justice_

ok, you've got 15-3 k/d ratio going, capped 5 flags, defended 4 more. You're team is winning and you played a major role in that. Next thing you know, you have been switched to the other team to make it "even". I'd like to get my hands on the idiot who thought that was a good idea....

yeah hate that too !!