Emperor Protects Trophy question

I haven't started up in hard mode yet, but am currently playing through story mode. The Game seems to be broken down by Chapters (unless i just haven't gotten far enough yet. The Trophy is for Completing "part 1" on Hard mode as opposed to "chapter 1." Am i overanalyzing the wording in the trophy description, or do you only have to do that first part of the game on Hard without dying for the trophy?

I did this yesterday, and the only problem part is when you have to cover matey while he pushes the rigged shell back into the belt-feeder. For that bit I found sniping the gun orks up top really quickly then hiding in the aclove just left of the belt-feeder with bolter equipped worked well. You will face many generic minions, plus nobz and squigs, which is why the bolter is handy.

Part 1 ends when you have destroyed the dropship from the back of the train/ram.

This was supposed to be hard? I started the game on hard and would have gotten this on my first playthrough without trying if it wasn't for the very first one of those exploding little critters that I wasn't aware of that they can almost kill you at one go. I was slightly weakened and didn't react to it soon enough.

The bullet pushing assault was quite easy with ranged fury mode and stalker bolter taking out the initial rush of bolter orks. I'm not still quite sure how to enter that struggle with nobz so it almost got me there but not quite.

use the grenade launcher when protecting him on level 3 place them where the orks will come in from and w8. explode them u should have a full fury ready ne way & use this when the nob comes out. 7 shots to the head is good & he is dead. run into the alcove & get behind the boxs looking @ the entrace 4 the gretchling to come. throw grenads ready 4 them. hard was easy till i got half way through & then i struggled a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

So, can I get this by going with chapter select to the start of the game and choosing hard difficulty or do I need to start a new campaign on hard? Wouldn't want to overwrite my campaign progress as I don't want to play it third time and want to be able to get to any chapter I need to if I ever decide to grind those 40000 kills.

So, can I get this by going with chapter select to the start of the game and choosing hard difficulty or do I need to start a new campaign on hard? Wouldn't want to overwrite my campaign progress as I don't want to play it third time and want to be able to get to any chapter I need to if I ever decide to grind those 40000 kills.

Start new campaign ..

You can chapter select from the very beginning for this to count. However, chapter select will void your progress for the campaign (read: do NOT chapter select while going for your hard playthrough), but unlocked chapters will still be available to you.

You just have to do it in one go - without chapter jumping or continue.

Edited by c1ned1ne

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...