This game is just awful

I'm sorry guys, I was stoked for Warhammer to come to our PS3s as much as anyone; but this?

This is the kind of game I would expect to be free, why? Because that would be the only way to forgive this bland and BORING twin stick shooter.

I have played many many twin stick shooters and this game has got to be one of the WORST of the bunch.

Save your cash fellas, this will be $2.99 before you know it.

And another thing, this kind of disheartens me for Space Marine which I have had on my wishlist forever.

I agree that for $10 it should have had online co-op, but I don't feel that this game is awful. I played the tabletop Warhammer many years ago, so playing this game (and when Space Marine comes out) really takes me back. So maybe I am a little biased, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

I enjoyed this game, slighlty annoying with all the enemies coming at you when you are trying to destroy objectives, but challenging.

The only reason this didn't have on-line co-op is because it was done by Kaos Studios, which THQ shut down, so there is no server support for it and also no DLC is planned.

The surivial mode is very hard, but extends the gameplay enough to be of value.

Used to play 40k so it was pretty much an auto buy for me but still the game isn't that bad at all. Pretty enjoyable.

Given the 5-10 hours to complete trophies in the guide I figured the game would be easy but some sections are pretty hard. I'm only at mission 3 the dangling mines now but I must have died at least 20 times on this section.

I have to admit.. this game was fairly disappointing. For $9.99 - 2 player online co-op should've been included, this game is very boring without it.

Agreed, but i still enjoyed the game...was worth $10 to me. I loved the load screen when it says something about if your co-op player is downed you can revive them...yea co-op online would have made this game SO much better.

I don't think it's a terrible buy for $9.99, but it's definitely no where near as good as Dead Nation. You have 1 gun you can use at a time and 1 type of item (grenade) that you can throw. Every level seems to be the same and it does get old after a few levels.

Dead Nation was a fun challenging platinum. Warhammer seems like a bare version of Dead Nation to me. I do like the fact that is you have two players the level continues as long as you don't die at the same time, but with no on-line coop what is the point.

Edited by tbond22

I like WH40k universe and liked the trial version of this game even if the graphics look like they came from PS2. Will I enjoy the full version?

The full game is pretty much what you get in demo. It is very short, only 5 levels that take anywhere from 25-45 mins. The trophies are pretty easy to get if your into trophies.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I'm new to this forum, but love playing PS3 => me getting my 10 post to fully activate my account :p

Let me know what you think about the fact, that: purchasing Kill Team will also unlock the power sword weapon for the Assault and Raptor classes in multi-player in THQ's Space Marine. There is no other way to get this weapon.

Personally i don't like this development, where you get certain "benefits" for buying stuff, not related to the game.

The only bad thing about this game is that it's too hard when those orcs keep on respawning and interfering when you wanted to complete the bloody objective>.< I died 4 times when battling Warboss when you have to destroy that two generator thingy before you can successfully defeated him. And btw guys, is survival mode even possible doing solo? )=

• 2 weeks later...

This game is passable for a $10. Short, trophies, typical repetitive arcade action, decent graphics. Final Battle is a bit buggy though and the game could have used online coop. Most likely a marketed to get interested for Warhammer Space Marine but I loved the Force Sword unlock for Space Marine, which I'm guessing has more finesse than the other melee weapons in it.

I bought the game when it came out and I intend to keep it lol just like all my other games. Hard mode wasn't as difficult as I thought. I got almost all of the campaign trophies and just have to go back and get all Servo Skulls. I know it's possible to grind your way up to level 41, all by yourself but the other online trophies are :eek:

Not one of my favorite puchases but I kinda knew what I was going to get in this game so it's okay by me :D

• 9 months later...
I'm sorry guys, I was stoked for Warhammer to come to our PS3s as much as anyone; but this?

This is the kind of game I would expect to be free, why? Because that would be the only way to forgive this bland and BORING twin stick shooter.

I have played many many twin stick shooters and this game has got to be one of the WORST of the bunch.

Save your cash fellas, this will be $2.99 before you know it.

And another thing, this kind of disheartens me for Space Marine which I have had on my wishlist forever.

Space MArine is Free and Equally as terrible!

• 2 months later...

I played Space Marine before this game. I didn't even know about Kill Team before Space Marine. It wasn't until I investigated what the Power Sword was that I found out. That was damn near at the tail end of Space Marine plat for me.

I loved Space Marine so much, as well as the footage of Kill Team from YouTube, that I had to get it. I got Kill Team and Space Marine DLC at the same time. Don't regret a single penny spent on either.

By the way, I have no previous Warhammer 40,000 experience: that includes either table top or PC video game universes.

• 1 year later...