Online: 0

Approximate time: 4-6 Hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2+

Missable trophies: None

Glitched trophies: None

Cheats disable trophies: No cheats as far as I know

Difficulty affects trophies: N/A

Accessories/Peripherals Required: 2 Controllers

If you like my Guides, do put me as your referrer when you sign up for the Forums! Much appreciated!

Click Here to Signup

Introduction

Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team is a 3rd person shooter that plays alot like Alien Breed and Dead Nation. These are Twin Stick Shooters where the players aims & shoots with the Right Analog Stick from a 3rd Person or Top-Down view that generally thrive on never-ending assaults from every direction that tests players' abilities to manage crowds and duck and weave around projectiles and enemies alike.

The game features a Campaign mode spanning 5 levels and a Survival Challenge mode. Players are given 4 different classes to choose from, complemented by an array of Weapons and Perks that are unlocked through progression in the Campaign.

Roadmap

Step 1: Complete Campaign Mode

First start off with Campaign, pick any Class you like and follow the Collectible Video Guide for Relic Bearer (B) while completing the game. I suggest using Sternguard Veteran for an easier time. You will unlock stronger weapons and perks as you progress and these will also be available to all other classes during your 2nd Playthrough and in Survival Challenge.

Along the way you should also focus on unlocking the following trophies :

• Chapter Brother (B) - Complete a mission in co-op mode (2 Controllers Required)
  • Bloodbath (B) - Achieve a 'Bloodbath' kill streak
  • Devastator (S) - Complete a mission without using melee
  • Honour in My Shield (S) - Complete a mission without dying

Step 2: Replay each Campaign level using a different Class

Next, replay each level using a different Class than before and complete the level. Also go back for any Collectibles that you might have missed. You will unlock the following at the end of this step and after having accumulated a sufficient Total Score:

• Tactical (B) - Unlock all weapons & ability upgrades
  • Chapter Master (G) - Play through each mission with two different Space Marines

Step 3: Survival Challenges: Obtain all Gold Aquila Medals and Clean Up

As per its namesake, Survival Challenge tests your ability to survive waves of enemies for a certain amount of time, and will reward you medals based on your proficiency. Your unlocked weapons and perks will be available for use. I suggest picking the +25% Melee/Range Damage depending on the Class given and the +25% Health perk. You need to survive for approximately 3:30 in each challenge to get a Gold Medal, which will unlock Emperor’s Champion (B)

After getting your Gold Medals, acquire 50 kills with each Primary Weapons for each class to unlock For the Emperor! (S). If you haven't already unlocked it, you can also attempt Bloodbath (B) in this mode.

Edited by yewjhin
Editorial Sweep

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/01.jpg Master Your Craft (B)

Use a special move

Each Class has a special move that can be activated by pressing :l1: when the circle under the on-screen character is full and blinks yellow. The circle charges overtime, and charges even faster when you score points by destroying objects and killing enemies.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/02.jpg Tactical (B)

Unlock all weapons & ability upgrades

Each Class starts with 1 default Primary weapon (melee weapons for Librarian/Vanguard Veteran, ranged weapons for Sternguard Veteran/Techmarine) and a further 2 stronger Primary weapons are unlocked by playing the game and increasing your Total Score through destroying objects and killing enemies. Your scores are accumulated across every level in Campaign modes.

The same unlocking procedure applies to 7 different types of abilities (+Health, +Melee Damage, +Range Damage, +Powerup Duration, +Special Damage, +Special Charge Rate, +Grenade Slots) that are shared by every class. Each ability is divided into 3 ranks, and as you score more points the more powerful ranks are unlocked. You will have all of them unlocked by the time you complete your 2nd playthrough.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/03.jpg Chapter Brother (B)

Complete a mission in co-op mode

You will need 2 controllers for this trophy as there is no Online Co-op mode. Start up any Campaign level, play the game on Single Player until your are near the end, press :start: on your 2nd controller and finish the level to unlock the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/04.jpg Relic Bearer (B)

Find all the collectables

There are 5 levels in the game, each containing 10 Collectibles (Medals) that are hidden in red boxes scattered throughout the level. Once picked up, the Collectibles are registered and will not appear again. You can press :start: while playing a level to see how many you have collected for that particular level. Collectible Video by 360GameTV.

Note: The second last collectible shown in the video does not appear in that location for the PS3 version. It appears much later instead when you drop to the ground onto a circular area where there are 3 containers that spawn Enemies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRyNNjklZR0]Warhammer 40000: Kill Team - All Collectibles Guide[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/05.jpg Emperor’s Champion (B)

Earn a gold Aquila in every survival challenge

Survival Challenges are unlocked as you beat each level of the Campaign. There are 5 Survival Challenges and you need to survive waves of enemies for approximately 3:30 minutes to obtain a Gold Aquila medal. This is best done after you have beat the game and unlocked all weapons and abilities as they will carry over to Survival Challenge. I suggest picking the +25% Melee/Range Damage depending on the Class given and the +25% Health perk.

You can observe what type of medal you will obtain under the Timer at the top of the screen. Each Survival Challenge is locked to a certain Class, but none are too difficult. Powerups will appear as time passes, more especially if you perform well by having big killstreaks and avoid taking damage. You should avoid picking up Powerups and save them for later use until 2:45-3:00, especially the Health Restore powerup which regens your health and lasts about 20 seconds.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/06.jpg Bloodbath (B)

Achieve a 'Bloodbath' kill streak

You achieve a 'Bloodbath' kill streak by exterminating 25 enemies in a short span of time, approximately 3-5 seconds. This can be easily achieved during the boss fight against the Ork Shaman at the end of Level 2 "Engine Destruction" using the Sternguard Veteran and his special ability, or in the Survival Challenge of the same name.

Alternatively you can gather enemies around the Librarian, activate his special move then quickly kill those not dead to achieve 'Bloodbath'. It should come naturally towards the end of the Campaign as you acquire stronger weapons and perks.

Video by GameFrontDotCom

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVkqTNLM46A]Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team - Bloodbath[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/07.jpg Exterminatus (B)

Kill 5000 enemies in total

You will unlock this naturally near the end of your first playthrough or beginning of the second playthrough. Your total kills are recorded in the Player Stats screen in the Main Menu.

Edited by Vyrastas
Editorial Sweep

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/08.jpg Victory for the Chapter (S)

Defeat the Warboss!

The Warboss! is the Campaign's final boss in Level 5 "Command Deck Finale". It is not particularly difficult but you should avoid using Melee Classes as this fight is purely a Range battle and you would be frustrating yourself with the weak shots of the Melee Classes.

The Techmarine with his Melta Gun is the best choice for this battle, along with the +25% Range Damage and +25% Health abilities. Use the Health Restore powerup sparingly and only when you desperately need it. More powerups may appear from time to time but they may not be necessarily what you need when you're in a pinch, which makes the Health Restore even more important.

Strategy

[spoiler=warboss]

Phase 1:

• The boss fight begins after you have defeat the Orks and Guard Cannons in front of the Warboss when you descend to ground floor. The Warboss operates a walking machine "Stompa" and will begin targetting you will a Gatling Gun. You will need to avoid his shots by sprinting away (:l2:) before he fires on your last position.
  • Ork Minions will spawn from behind his Stompa which you should take care of. This will last for 2-3 minutes and the camera angle will change twice until the Warboss stops.
  • More minions will appear and you need to defeat them. The elevator in the background will descend, carrying even more Orks. Kill them, then board the elevator to higher ground.

Phase 2:

• There will be 2 Flamethrowers on the Stompa that moves in a sweeping pattern from right to left before switching off temporarily. Stay on the far right side to avoid taking any damage
  • Shoot the flamethrowers when they are switched off to destroy them. More Orks will come from the far left and try to disrupt you while you're targetting the flamethrowers.
  • Once the flamethrowers are destroyed, run to the far left and down towards the screen, across the catwalk while disposing of more Orks that come your way, and avoiding the Gatling Gun fire now coming from the Stompa chasing after you
  • You will reach another catwalk that crosses over to the far right and the camera angle changes. Destroy the Gatling Gun, then move over to the right to destroy the Cannon before moving back to the center. You will drop down to ground level again when done.

Phase 3

• You drop down to a circular area containing 3 Containers that spawn more Orks. Kill them until the camera angle shifts again, the Warboss is now retreating backwards.
  • Mines will roll diagonally across the center which you can avoid or destroy, and the Warboss will be firing at you with his remaining Cannon, which you get to destroy a few minutes later as you move forward.
  • A Blast Cannon will appear from the middle of the Stompa, it has very short range and you should be safe if you stay on the far left or right. Orks will appear from the ground occasionally but in small numbers.
  • You will need to destroy 3 pillars on the far left as you move forward to end the battle. More minions will spawn during this time attempting to disrupt you, make sure to pickup Powerups to give yourself an advantage.

Video by KranitokoGames

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY_xyko-TRY]Warhammer 40000: Kill Team - Mission 5 - The Final Battle[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/09.jpg Devastator (S)

Complete a mission without using melee

Of the 4 Classes available, the Librarian and the Vanguard Veteran are Melee classes and therefore should not be used. Instead, you should play as the Sternguard Veteran or the Techmarine. Pick a level, preferably the first level, and complete it without ever pressing :cross: (apart from Tutorials). If your character performs a melee move, even if it doesn't connect it will negate the trophy and you will have to restart again.

Note: On the first level, do not press :cross: even when prompted for the first Tutorial (Movement) pop up because your character will punch instead. Just move your character and it will go away.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/10.jpg Honour in My Shield (S)

Complete a mission without dying

This can be easily achieved in the 1st level "Chem-Generator Assault" or 2nd level "Engine Destruction". It works better if you're using a Range Class so you can eliminate enemies from afar and don't need to risk your health unnecessarily. Equip any perks that you have unlocked and play cautiously, using your Special Abilities when needed and keeping healthy by picking up Health Restore powerups.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/11.jpg For the Emperor! (S)

Get over 50 kills with each weapon type

You can observe the number of kills you have achieved with each weapon type in the Player Stats screen on the Main Menu. Once you have unlocked every weapon type for each class, start any Campaign or Survival level and get 50 kills with any weapon that requires it, then die and pick another weapon (Survival) or change or your weapon at an Upgrade Beacon (Campaign). Rinse and repeat.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1126/12.jpg Chapter Master (G)

Play through each mission with two different Space Marines

Select Campaign, and you will see four dark hollow models at the bottom of each mission representing each of the 4 Classes available. The models will fill up and your highest score will be displayed if you have used the class for the particular mission in Single Player. All you need to do is to have played each mission with any two Classes to unlock this trophy. Playing two classes on Co-Op also counts, as long as the 1st player is using a different class than before.

Edited by yewjhin
Editorial Sweep

You will need 2 controllers for this trophy as there is no Online Co-op mode. Start up any Campaign level, play the game on Single Player until your are near the end, press START on your 2nd controller and finish the level to unlock the trophy

-----

Well, at least I have to not worrying about the lack of online co-op,

You will need 2 controllers for this trophy as there is no Online Co-op mode. Start up any Campaign level, play the game on Single Player until your are near the end, press START on your 2nd controller and finish the level to unlock the trophy

-----

Well, at least I have to not worrying about the lack of online co-op,

If you took the time to read his guide you'll see that he already knew that information for it's already in it.

Playing co-op does count as one of the 2 different classes required for the Chapter Master trophy.

I earned it by completing the game on co-op and again on single player.

I did use a different marine to either of the two chosen in co-op, but I can't see that making a difference as it just indicates a mission complete with co-op, not with which two classes.

• 2 weeks later...

Btw guys, I gt a quick question need to be answer=D Do I have to start a new game for the Chapter Master trophy?? Also, must I complete and play through the levels again just to get the collectibles that I missed? Or can I quit the game after there's a chekpoint?

Edited by Spectra Shadow

Btw guys, I gt a quick question need to be answer=D Do I have to start a new game for the Chapter Master trophy?? Also, must I complete and play through the levels again just to get the collectibles that I missed? Or can I quit the game after there's a chekpoint?

for collectibles you can just quit as they register on pickup until the level that only saves when you beat it.

ALSO i would like to note that the co-op DOES count for Chapter Master you can have the co-op AND 1 other Marines as long as player 1 uses 2 different marines.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...