XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 03-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
Espo13

Default Thoughts About Demo

Well I summed this thread up already... I thought it was good but it had some graphical issues during cutscenes. What were your impressions of the demo?
Espo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
King Boss

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Haven't played the demo yet. Just wanted to say we all should appoint you as a reporter for this forum lol. You always seem to be starting threads asking if someone is going to get this game or get that game. What do you think about this, what do you think about that.....*sigh*

wherelegendsmeet.webs.com
MMXII

"I was clappin' em flamers before I became famous. For playin' me, y'all shall forever remain nameless."
King Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #3
MikeyPooPants

I actually liked it a lot... it did have some minor visual issues I didnt really care for, but overall it got me really excited for the game. I was already looking forward to it, but now I cant wait to get my hands on it. I played the demo on both 360 and PS3 multiple times... I dont usually play a demo more than once.

I think itll be a pretty basic game, and I have a feeling its going to be really repetetive. But I dont care. Its a simple shooter that I think will be really fun.

I liked the cover system and speed effects (like moving between cover quickly, or going into bullet time), and I thought the close quarter kills were pretty cool.

And I dont know about anybody else... but I found it extremely satisfying when I landed a fatal bullet curve, especially from far away.

Good stuff.

Last edited by MikeyPooPants; 03-07-2009 at 11:14 PM.
MikeyPooPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:01 AM   #4
Ether999

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Graphics were dated, blurred in cutscnes, and the level didn't allow much experimentation with flanking and curving, as it was fairly linear. Apart from that, it was pretty cool, but I still haven't managed to figure out a fool proof strategy for one shot curve kills.

Blank Friend Requests will be denied.
Ether999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Bobbob

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Just played the demo, and I quite liked it, think it'll get repetitive, but the trophies seem to make up for that, doing the whole game in close quarters etc should be fun.

Also i liked the cover system, and running from cover to cover, especially in bullet time

Platinums: RE5, Bioshock, Wanted, Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, Terminator, Wolverine, PoP, AC2, Borderlands, Dead Space, Ice Age 3, AITD: Inferno, Dante's Inferno, LOTR: Conquest, Batman:AA , PoP: TFS, Killzone 2

DCUO:
EU Server - For All Seasons - PvE:
Noro - Level 30, Ice Tank, Hero
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
MikeyPooPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether999 View Post
Graphics were dated, blurred in cutscnes, and the level didn't allow much experimentation with flanking and curving, as it was fairly linear. Apart from that, it was pretty cool, but I still haven't managed to figure out a fool proof strategy for one shot curve kills.
I got a lot of one shot kills by blind firing so they take cover and stand still... then I arc the bullet at a high angle so it hits the top of their head. Not exactly FOOLPROOF... but I did get most of my one shot kills doing that. And its harder in the plane I think because it sways.

Also, Im pretty sure the weapons get stronger as you go through the game... so one shot kills should be easier. You can eventually curve multiple bullets that collide when they hit the enemy and explode.

Last edited by MikeyPooPants; 03-08-2009 at 03:58 PM.
MikeyPooPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
vladsknight

the level you get to play on sucked major ass lol found it difficult to small to curve bullets in so i was standing there taking shots by every other guy on the plane while attempting to line up a shot. Usually when doors open in midflight on a plane some bad happens... and the enemies are kinda stupid they will just shoot around you never actually moving or doing something to get you to move so they can shoot you (also melees look pretty cool but if theyre gonna be 1 hit kills expect them to be the gayest thing in multiplayer) so yeah ... kinda longer than i expected but oh well ..

Last edited by vladsknight; 03-09-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Where are my bananas and my sandwiches man?!
vladsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #8
Mendel
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Bingo   Mendel's Bad Guy Club   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)

The demo was fun, but it'll be a rental. Also, in a game all about killing people while completely in cover, melee moves would be the least of your worries in multiplayer...

Mendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #9
Ether999

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Jeez, every game doesn't have to have a multiplayer. Wanted doens't have one, and doesn't need one.

Blank Friend Requests will be denied.
Ether999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
Mendel
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Bingo   Mendel's Bad Guy Club   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)

Oh thank god. I was just going by what the previous poster said about the multiplayer. I'm in complete agreement that not every game needs multiplayer or co-op or online co-op. I'm so tired of sites like IGN giving games shitty scores because there's no online co-op or multiplayer, never mind the fact that said multiplayer would probably suck anyway.

Mendel is offline   Reply With Quote