Thoughts About Demo

Espo13

I actually liked it a lot... it did have some minor visual issues I didnt really care for, but overall it got me really excited for the game. I was already looking forward to it, but now I cant wait to get my hands on it. I played the demo on both 360 and PS3 multiple times... I dont usually play a demo more than once.

I think itll be a pretty basic game, and I have a feeling its going to be really repetetive. But I dont care. Its a simple shooter that I think will be really fun.

I liked the cover system and speed effects (like moving between cover quickly, or going into bullet time), and I thought the close quarter kills were pretty cool.

And I dont know about anybody else... but I found it extremely satisfying when I landed a fatal bullet curve, especially from far away.

Good stuff.

Edited by MikeyPooPants

Graphics were dated, blurred in cutscnes, and the level didn't allow much experimentation with flanking and curving, as it was fairly linear. Apart from that, it was pretty cool, but I still haven't managed to figure out a fool proof strategy for one shot curve kills.

I got a lot of one shot kills by blind firing so they take cover and stand still... then I arc the bullet at a high angle so it hits the top of their head. Not exactly FOOLPROOF... but I did get most of my one shot kills doing that. And its harder in the plane I think because it sways.

Also, Im pretty sure the weapons get stronger as you go through the game... so one shot kills should be easier. You can eventually curve multiple bullets that collide when they hit the enemy and explode.

Edited by MikeyPooPants

the level you get to play on sucked major ass lol found it difficult to small to curve bullets in so i was standing there taking shots by every other guy on the plane while attempting to line up a shot. Usually when doors open in midflight on a plane some bad happens... and the enemies are kinda stupid they will just shoot around you never actually moving or doing something to get you to move so they can shoot you (also melees look pretty cool but if theyre gonna be 1 hit kills expect them to be the gayest thing in multiplayer) so yeah ... kinda longer than i expected but oh well ..

Edited by vladsknight
Where are my bananas and my sandwiches man?!

Oh thank god. I was just going by what the previous poster said about the multiplayer. I'm in complete agreement that not every game needs multiplayer or co-op or online co-op. I'm so tired of sites like IGN giving games shitty scores because there's no online co-op or multiplayer, never mind the fact that said multiplayer would probably suck anyway.

lol really no multiplayer? sure not all games need multiplayer look at bioshock no co-op or anything is one of the best games of all time, but this game? a game that pretty much calls it self the most bad ass thing ever created having no multiplayer is a joke. lol not even gonna rent this game now

lol really no multiplayer? sure not all games need multiplayer look at bioshock no co-op or anything is one of the best games of all time, but this game? a game that pretty much calls it self the most bad ass thing ever created having no multiplayer is a joke. lol not even gonna rent this game now

As it was already pointed out, a game where you can be one hit killed either from melee or gunfire, both while in cover, isn't really suited to multiplayer. I'm not sure what a game "pretty much calls itself" has to do with whether it has multiplayer, unless it calls itself "an amazing multiplayer game" from your previous post it doesn't sound like you were too impressed with the game anyway, so why would multiplayer change that? There is too much of a focus on online and multiplayer these days, and whether this game is good or not, I appreciate seeing a game made where the focus is on a good single player campaign. lol.

I wasnt very impressed by this game. I thought it was alright and would have some awesome moments. I didnt like how I had to kill to be able to use my abilities, i think a short timer would have been better, but Im no game developer and thats just my opinion. If alot people really enjoy this game and I hear its good I might get it.

• 3 weeks later...