Voltron: Defender of the Universe

Was tempted to buy this but then...

I played the demo and it was just okay. Nothing great, but at least it had a lot of the original animation from the series.

As far as twin-stick PSn games go - Hoard is more fun than the single player part of Voltron. I didn't get to play the 5-player stuff last night on the demo, but I hope its more fun than the single player.

If it goes on sale for $5 I'll probably get it.

@ personausermike

I would say that a pedigree is essential to the way that I purchase games. By pedigree I mean that their past efforts are certainly going to influence whether or not I choose to purchase their latest.

For example, I am going to Day One purchase the new Devil May Cry (something I am sure a lot of anti-New Dante folks won't do). Why am I going to do this? Well I played Enslaved and I think Ninja Theory did a great job, they are now pedigreed with me.

The converse is true of Behaviour Interactive, they made a horrid Ghostbusters game that I was unfortunate enough to buy on a whim, ignoring pedigree. Had I looked into their past I would have seen the truth though....they made Naughty Bear.

'Nuff Said.

@ yowzagabowza

So you think Sanctum of Slime is a good representative of twin stick shooters?

Compare the pile that is Sanctum of Slime to Dead Nation, Super Stardust, Pixel Junk, Renegade Ops, heck even Zombie Apocalypse (the 1st one not the lame 2nd) and you can see that, if anything, it is a good representative of the bottom of the barrel for twin stick shooters.

I only played the Sanctum of Slime demo and indeed I found it lifeless and boring -- and in a way replaying a few levels in this for the civilian trophy I had the same feelings.

Thankfully once you beat it once, you can just start at the last fight with a different lion of your choice.

@ overtkill yeah SOS isnt as good as those other games but who cares? do u think people actually play these games once they get all the trophies? i dont. these types of games are quick diversions between good releases of retail games. or if u only have a few minutes to play. you play the games you like, the way you like to play them, and ill play the way i like.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I was tempted to purchase this some time ago, but then I saw the price. The good thing is, the game dropped in price a couple of days ago in EU store. Dropped to like 2,5USD. :) That it was totally worth. It's much like Dead Nation, just not remotely as good. It's pretty simple and will remind you about a free roaming shmup game (infinite ammo and some few special attacks). The game is pretty short and ended before it totally wore out it's welcome.