bloodstained getting vita port

This remind me that I still have Castlevania SotN on both PS1 and PSN. Good to see that the spiritual successor will be on the Vita, as it fits really well and, as I've seen on the kickstarter page, they'll add exclusive features like Cross-Save and PSTV compatibility.

The 2 sidescroller vita games ive loved are batman and gaucamelee, not really played or can invisage what this will be like , any ideas?

Guacamelee is what most of us call this game a Metroidvania type of game. Bloodstained is going to be a Metroidvania game. So if you enjoyed Guacamelee, chances are you will enjoy Bloodstained.

Difference being a gothic theme, ?

Actually Bloodstained seems to be more akin to the "Vania" part of the genre: meaning it's much more focused on getting powerful weapons and armors, and getting experience points to level up, similar to RPGs. At least, that's how Symphony of the Night works. The rest, which is mostly adquiring new abilities and unlocking new maps, is going to be pretty similar to Guacamelee, since it's the main thing of "MetroidVania" games.

Armature Bringing UE4 To The Vita | The Vita Lounge

Here's hoping this game is the start of a second wind for the Vita. New engine could mean more games released :D

This... this is something great! Just imagine: If they can make the UE4 work on the Vita, then it would be much easier to code games for it that look awesome. Plus, we might be able to see some ports of lesser games. Those are some great news right here!

I just hope it can actually be done. Thanks for sharing this info SmilerNuts, you made my day :dance:

PS: I just checked the wiki of these guys (Armature Studios). They made a few ports for the Vita: MGS HD Collection, Injustice, Unfinished Swan. I'm pretty sure they can get around it just fine :).

• 4 weeks later...