SONY Bend working on new Uncharted for Vita?

Rhasget

A recent work ad suggests that Sony Bend is working on a new AAA title for the Vita.

https://playstation.taleo.net/careersection/sceaexternal1/jobdetail.ftl?job=05146

Since Uncharted:GA is the biggest seller on the Vita this far. It's not unthinkable that a follow up is on the way. Witj the stationary saga coming to.an end (?) on PS4 in the near future it would probably be a good move to release a Vita title in.it's wake.

If it isn't a new Uncharted I doubt they will launch a new IP in AAA format on the Vita. That would open for a relaunch of Syphon Filter (wich Bend was responsible for in the beginning) wich also would be awesome.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! I hope it is another Uncharted. Can't get enough of the series and I thought they did a fantastic job with Golden Abyss :dance:

If not, then maybe they're working on a Crash or a Jak and Daxter reboot. Though a part of me doubts either will reboot on the Vita. They've worked with Resistance and Syphon Filter in the past, so don't count out those series either. Seeing Resistance from another perspective (like someone in Africa or East Asia) would be sweet. Maybe a pseudo-reboot of Resistance when the Pure Chimera actually show up. What if it's a Last of Us :eek:

I need to know! *awaiting disappointment*

Yay! I hope it is another Uncharted. Can't get enough of the series and I thought they did a fantastic job with Golden Abyss :dance:

If not, then maybe they're working on a Crash or a Jak and Daxter reboot. Though a part of me doubts either will reboot on the Vita. They've worked with Resistance and Syphon Filter in the past, so don't count out those series either. Seeing Resistance from another perspective (like someone in Africa or East Asia) would be sweet. Maybe a pseudo-reboot of Resistance when the Pure Chimera actually show up. What if it's a Last of Us :eek:

I need to know! *awaiting disappointment*

:drool: I'd buy THAT instantly. :drool:

Golden Abyss was amazing. Definitely one of the best games for the Vita at launch and even now. If this is true and there will be another Uncharted game for the Vita, I'm sure it will be just as good as Golden Abyss and will help the Vita again since it so desperately needs it.

This "news" is 2 years old Another AAA Vita Game in Development at Sony Bend

P.s. Uncharted: GA was pure garbage.

It's the same add when just looking quickly. But the one on the link in the first post is active, posted nov. 11, and you can still apply for it. Therefore I see a possibility that it might be true.

Edited by Rhasget

I never was a fan of Syphon Filter back in the day but it might be nice to play it on the Vita. I wouldn't mind a sequel to Golden Abyss but I would much prefer a new Crash or Spyro game...

Both Crash and Spyro IPs are owned by Activision so wouldn't hold my breath for an exclusive release on the Vita.

• 2 weeks later...
this articles its taken from is very very old.

bend were recruiting for a vita game after golden abyss but I think from what I understand sony changed there minds because of sales etc and for the past year or 2 sony bend have been working on a ps4 game

unless there are 2 teams

The latest jobad was posted nov. 4 2014 so it is a new game and new article.

Was searching for info regarding if Bend was the Sony studio helping Capcom with RE: Revelations 2 on Vita. But came up empty so it is looking like another game with one of Sonys own IPs.

The latest jobad was posted nov. 4 2014 so it is a new game and new article.

Was searching for info regarding if Bend was the Sony studio helping Capcom with RE: Revelations 2 on Vita. But came up empty so it is looking like another game with one of Sonys own IPs.

Well that is great news if true, hopefully another uncharted to go alongside uncharted 4.

Bend were recruiting 2 years ago for this then was confirmed all sony studios were working on ps4 games so are you sure the recent adds were vita and not ps4?