Best PSone and PSP classics to play on Vita

dancingmind

Hey all

Looking for opinions. I've been enjoying how the vita handles classics like PSone games and PSP games. I thought it might be neat to share some games that work really well.

Feel free to share your experiences!

One of my favourites is actually Chrono Trigger. I know a lot of people bash this PSone port, but I've actually really been enjoying it on the Vita. For one, the graphics look great when you scale them on the OLED screen. Secondly, I really like adding in touch screen assigned buttons. By having the X button on the touch screen, you can actually play the game with just your left hand while balancing a coffee in your right on a morning commute. Also you can transfer saves from the vita to a psp or PS3 which is pretty awesome.

For PSP games, I enjoyed playing through Final Fantasy III on the Vita. Again, the screen and the vita image settings really cleaned up the graphics. I eventually gave up on the game when I got to the final brutal dungeon, but it was a nice experience on the Vita.

What are some of your favourite classic PlayStation games to play on the go?

For PS1 I'm currently replaying Castlevania Symphony of the Night. It looks gorgeous as ever, even with the stretched screen and filters on.

It also plays excelently, despite not supporting analog sticks, since the D-pad is really comfortable, even more so than an original PSX controller. Also, the triggers are only transformations and have little impact on the game's playability.

For PSP, I've played Metal Slug XX a lot with a friend on Ad-Hoc, it's awesome. I use more the D-pad since the sticks makes me shoot up more than anything, but it overall plays really well.

Trying to force myself into trying FF Tactics too, but I'm right now deep down on exams, so I've to study.

• 1 month later...
I recently bought Grandia to put on my vita. It's probably my 2nd favorite JRPG of all time so getting to play it wherever and whenever I want makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
I remember the Dreamcast version of Grandia having an awesome combat system. I disliked the story, but loved the gameplay.

I recently bought Grandia to put on my vita. It's probably my 2nd favorite JRPG of all time so getting to play it wherever and whenever I want makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

I bought it too and i'm currently playing it for the first time. The first few hours at least were fantastic but can't say yet whether the game holds up overall.

Besides that i got Wild Arms one which i have heard lot of good things but personally i haven't played it yet.

I haven't played many PS1 games but from the ones i have i definitely recommend Silent Hill (i played it few years for the first time and it was great) Twisted Metal 3, Metal Gear Solid (I didn't enjoy it really gameplay wise but the story and characters make it worth it) Croc 2 (I don't know about the PS1 version but PC version was great at least back then)

EDIT: Hercules was also a pretty good beat em up platformer.

Edited by Winkuru

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I hate asking dumb questions but I've only had my vita about a week and havent heard much about ps1 games on them, anyway can you find these games on the Vita's PSN store or do they come from ps now?

Haven't got PS Now in the UK yet so not sure about that, but yeah, you can download various ps1 classics direct from the Vita PSN store :). Not every classic is compatible, but there's a good selection and all those listed when accessing via the Vita will work fine.

Haven't got PS Now in the UK yet so not sure about that, but yeah, you can download various ps1 classics direct from the Vita PSN store :). Not every classic is compatible, but there's a good selection and all those listed when accessing via the Vita will work fine.

Thanks, I need to look around the store more often, was browsing earlier and found several games I was surprised to see.