25 Exciting Upcoming Vita titles in 2014-2015

There have been a lot of threads discussing disappointments in the Vita recently. I don't think they have been founded properly. While some are expecting a very specific kind of support, I am finding that there are many good reasons to hold on to our lovely handhelds.

I found this article and wanted to share some great games that are coming (or recently released) on our super handheld:

Reference: Upcoming PlayStation Vita games for 2014 and beyond | GamesRadar

Have a look at the article to get some great write-ups about some of these awesome games coming out. Here's a list for those TL;DR folks

Titles to look forward to:

• Child of Light
  • Oddworld: New N' Tasty
  • The Swapper
  • Metrico
  • Nuclear Throne
  • Super Exploding Zoo
  • Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!
  • Aztez
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • Bodycheck
  • CounterSpy
  • Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
  • Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
  • Fieldrunners 2
  • Galak-Z
  • Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F
  • Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
  • Minecraft
  • Murasaki Baby
  • Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
  • Switch Galaxy Ultra
  • Velocity 2X
  • The Walking Dead: Season Two
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Axiom Verge

http://0519f170a2731643c0a9-ec45ee3cb118921cf5758d3a3db775b7.r83.cf1.rackcdn.com/d9363f8b0e314ccb5d20c1c287fbe4a5c7b81fcc.jpg__846x0_q80.jpg

Child of Light

http://0519f170a2731643c0a9-ec45ee3cb118921cf5758d3a3db775b7.r83.cf1.rackcdn.com/aefb740a45e004796a2099d9c10bb6a6938a0a91.jpg__846x0_q80.jpg

Aztez

http://0519f170a2731643c0a9-ec45ee3cb118921cf5758d3a3db775b7.r83.cf1.rackcdn.com/c2ffd32c66ad5c1fa2b366931214e0420b9a3f6c.png__846x0_q80.jpg

Galak-Z

http://0519f170a2731643c0a9-ec45ee3cb118921cf5758d3a3db775b7.r83.cf1.rackcdn.com/63e736d021893512730a56126d9ed543aacfd998.jpg__846x0_q80.jpg

Minecraft (if sony was smart they would invest in marketing the launch of this game on Vita)

http://0519f170a2731643c0a9-ec45ee3cb118921cf5758d3a3db775b7.r83.cf1.rackcdn.com/1255e78b1965414f06139a8378af770b29942258.jpg__846x0_q80.jpg

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

http://0519f170a2731643c0a9-ec45ee3cb118921cf5758d3a3db775b7.r83.cf1.rackcdn.com/d60f79f564ab4ac92a1106917e726fc1532c1963.png__846x0_q80.png

Velocity 2X (starting to look like Super Metroid!)

This is a good list, but my only concern is that most of these titles are indie games already announced for the Vita. While there's nothing wrong with that, I'd like to see more games that were developed exclusively for the Vita and not have as many indie and other ports.

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/71/59/5af32d4f191a61d96991690dfeacad22-dropmic2.gif

I'm going to break the law of mic dropping to add my thoughts. I hope you all can forgive me :p

The only ones I'm for sure playing at some point are Child of Light, Danganronpa 2 and Murasaki Baby. I'll likely get Disgaea 4, Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead at some point (and two of those I'm already going through on the PS3). About half of them I've not heard of. Seems like the amount of time I play on the Vita will decline big time after September, which is extremely sad :(

Edited by mcolwander90

Nobody ever mentions BigFest. That is my most anticipated upcoming game for the vita.

Just looked it up

With the help of Big Dave and your trusty crew of roadies, in BigFest you design, build and manage the ultimate music festival, from a small field with 20 guests slow clapping, all the way up to multi-day, multi-stage, mega festivals.

Sounds.... AWESOME!!! Not enough simulation titles on consoles or handhelds in my opinion and this sounds pretty refreshing. Not the generic run a shopping mall type crap. *added to my list*

Just looked it up

Sounds.... AWESOME!!! Not enough simulation titles on consoles or handhelds in my opinion and this sounds pretty refreshing. Not the generic run a shopping mall type crap. *added to my list*

Exactly! It's a very refreshing game for the vita! The best thing about it is that it's a free-to-play game :D

Exactly! It's a very refreshing game for the vita! The best thing about it is that it's a free-to-play game :D

Ahhh that sounds good... and bad. If Free Market and Spartacus have taught me anything about F2P there either super grindy or so tough to the point where you need to spend a few dollars. Seriously, if anyone 100% Free Market without purchasing a few add-ons than KUDOS to you!

Still won't turn it down though I'm desperate for a good sim.

Yeah, they announced it a year ago and it's hardly been brought up since :( Hopefully it gets released soon as that's another game I've really been looking forward to!!! :D

They are hoping for a launch around christmas time!

Ahhh that sounds good... and bad. If Free Market and Spartacus have taught me anything about F2P there either super grindy or so tough to the point where you need to spend a few dollars. Seriously, if anyone 100% Free Market without purchasing a few add-ons than KUDOS to you!

I also am wondering why it's free. I wouldn't mind paying 5-10 pounds for it.

Well that the hole idea. I think they use the term free to play lightly as the hole free to play thing is more like a demo and they try to convince people to actually pay. Granted stuff like tekken revolution was fast but longer then it needed to be and soul calibur lost swords is harder then it needs to be. Its all about trying to convince you to pay more then anything. Personally for me id much rather pay for a game then deal with the hole free to play model of being harder/longer then needing to be.

Suppose it depends on what you the gamer defines as 'exciting', Nothing on that list screams "buy me day 1 you shit stain!" sadly.

You talk pish! We all know you are frothing at the bell for:- Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!! Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited, Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F & Murasaki Baby.

That list is okay and I'll definitely get a few indie games for the Vita.

On the other hand...

As a Vita game collector it doesn't look to good for the Vita's future here in Europe. Of course many games still get announced, but what most people don't see is, that most of them (if not all) are digital only. The announcement that Freedom Wars will be digital only in Europe is a very clear message that Sony gave up on the Vita (at least here).

Especially with the Vita's small memory cards it's completely out of the question for me to go digital only. Sooner or later I must redownload or backup my Vita games and that is a pain in the ass. I simply want to smack-in the gamecard and play away.

Those screenshots also look like smartphone games to me (personal opinion). I know that not every Vita game can look and feel as exciting as Killzone Mercenary but it would be great to have at least one truly amazing title announced.

Edited by Legion2000

Well that the hole idea. I think they use the term free to play lightly as the hole free to play thing is more like a demo and they try to convince people to actually pay. Granted stuff like tekken revolution was fast but longer then it needed to be and soul calibur lost swords is harder then it needs to be. Its all about trying to convince you to pay more then anything. Personally for me id much rather pay for a game then deal with the hole free to play model of being harder/longer then needing to be.

Sure it is but they do this at the sacrifice of gameplay. Both Spartacus and Free Market started off fun but they quickly became an utter bore. Spartacus had other technical problems on release but even if it was flawless I still need to grind hundreds of fights in order to finish the game. This isn't a problem when the game has plenty to do and keeps you intrigued; something neither game pulled off.

I haven't played the Soul Caliber F2P and I barely touched the Tekken one so I can't comment on them. If they made these games FUN, and with a little depth instead of the "Buy this to win faster" method, they might actually become huge successes.

Edited by ICPosse8

Sure it is but they do this at the sacrifice of gameplay. Both Spartacus and Free Market started off fun but they quickly became an utter bore. Spartacus had other technical problems on release but even if it was flawless I still need to grind hundreds of fights in order to finish the game. This isn't a problem when the game has plenty to do and keeps you intrigued; something neither game pulled off.

I haven't played the Soul Caliber F2P and I barely touched the Tekken one so I can't comment on them. If they made these games FUN, and with a little depth instead of the "Buy this to win faster" method, they might actually become huge successes.

Well if want my personal opinion I think tekken revolution is the most fun Iv had in a free to play game. Granted I like fighting games and tekken but if your someone who doesnt like tekken/fighting games I can see it just being a chore rather then fun.

my opinion as a Vita holder.

It was a rip off for the kind of contents they are giving you.

An amazing handheld but not value by developers and sony itself. Poor games (sorry for those you like/love indie) taking into account the potential.

If the mobile crappy games are taking to market, then maybe Sony could think of strategy, and if third parties are not betting on vita, maybe sony devs could try and create a few good, sound and worthy games of a Vita and not only port after port that one sees.

I deeply regret having the vita, and state that 3DS continues to be so much better.