What kinda games would you like to see on vita?

Wolf1

I'd love to see some more visual novels like Virtues Last Reward and Dangan ronpa come to vita, along with some more action/adventure games like uncharted.

As for a game i want to see come to vita, i'd like Runefactory.

What about you? Get creative, make up a game you want or tell us the type of game. Vent your hope for games already out to come to the platform.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question.

I think games like Uncharted should be a minortiy. In my opinion, they work better on home consoles. Though I would buy a new Uncharted in a heartbeat, even if it get's released on Vita :D. Also, I'm still waiting for San Andreas Stories :D.

I would like to see more Visual Novels or more games like those typical Telltale games. Otherwise, JRPGs like Persona 4 Golden work superb on Vita, so more of them would be great too, especially if you consider that Handhelds are more popular than stationary consoles in Japan nowadays. Also, games like Valkyria Chronicles would work perfectly on Vita, so I would like to see some of them. I seriously hope the new Digimon game makes the jump into the west.

I don't know what the future holds for platformers like Ratchet and Clank, Sly, J&D on PS4. If they don't continue there, I hope they will at least on Vita.

This is what comes spontaneously to my mind. Maybe I'll add some stuff later.

Edited by Heldengeist

I would like to see more Visual Novels or more games like those typical Telltale games. Otherwise, JRPGs like Persona 4 Golden work superb on Vita, so more of them would be great too, especially if you consider that Handhelds are more popular than stationary consoles in Japan nowadays. Also, games like Valkyria Chronicles would work perfectly on Vita, so I would like to see some of them. I seriously hope the new Digimon game makes to jump into the west.

Yes JRPG's are great on the vita, P4G was superb and i sincerely hope we'll get some more making their way to the us on vita, i know we have hyperdimention Neptunia coming our way.

Valkyria Chronicles ported to vita with trophies would be awesome :D

If the west gets ignored with game releases maybe i'll have to move to japan :think:

Well i'm always happy when i'm playing Japanese Visual Novels and JRPGs. Plus I know people are not really into ports, but I would like to see more ports of PSP games and maybe even like PS2 games for Vita. Like if they can't be on like PS3 or PS4, then at least PS Vita.

I'm hoping playstation Now will fix this, but if its not an actual port we still probably wouldn't be able to earn trophies :(

I'm hoping playstation Now will fix this, but if its not an actual port we still probably wouldn't be able to earn trophies :(

Well that wouldn't bother me. I just want to play games I either A. Have not played but always wanted to or B. Play games that I have bought but can no longer play them. If trophies are included, then awesome. If not, that's ok too.

I'd like to see another decent FPS be released now that I've platinumed Killzone. There seems to be a distinct lack in that genre, compared to the glut that were released on PS3 in recent years.

Happy with the ports of collections like Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper, more likely to find time to play them on Vita. Just hope they do a better job than that of Jak and Daxter...

I'd like to see another decent FPS be released now that I've platinumed Killzone. There seems to be a distinct lack in that genre, compared to the glut that were released on PS3 in recent years.

Happy with the ports of collections like Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper, more likely to find time to play them on Vita. Just hope they do a better job than that of Jak and Daxter...

Yeah i think with the few fps that got released on vita getting bad reviews its scared developers :(

jak and daxter, wow yeah, they didn't put much though into mapping controls, took me ages to get the hang of getting on my board.

Anything that isn't another goddamn anime-style game AND isn't a PS3 port. Here's a list of everything that's coming up for Vita in North America according to GameFAQs:

• Borderlands 2 (PS3 port)
  • God of War Collection (PS3 port)
  • Z-Run (all it says is Z-Run is an Action game, developed and published by Beatshapers, scheduled to be released in 2014. so I don't know what the fuck it is. Maybe it's the breath of fresh air Vita desperately needs right now)
  • Mind Zero (anime)
  • Sly Collection (PS3 port)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (anime)
  • PlayStation Vita Pets (presumably Nintendogs clone)
  • BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (anime)
  • XBLAZE Code: Embryo (anime)
  • One Piece: Unlimited World Red (anime)
  • LEGO Ninjago Nindroids (HOLY FUCK SOMETHING DIFFERENT even though it's just more LEGO... snore)
  • Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (anime)
  • Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (anime)
  • Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (no pictures, but considering the "NIS" publisher, probably anime)

WOWWIE LOOK AT THAT VARIETY! Why the fuck did I buy a PS Vita again? :pout:

And no, I'm not trying to say that there's something wrong with anime games or playing anime games. It just doesn't appeal to me. And either way, something else would be nice.

Quite frankly, I don't get it. There's no Vita games in the pipe and there's no PS4 games in the pipe (what's coming this year? Drive Club maybe and The Order? And Naughty Dog is working un Uncharted 4). What the fuck are all of Sony's studios doing right now?! Sony had better have some goddamn game announcements this E3. Back to back games, no time to stop and talk about other shit. (Except we all know they're going to waste at least 30 minutes on the VR fad, god dammit Sony)

@ mjco961

You have summed up my thoughts exactly about vita games atm.

Fair enough alot of people are into japenese style games but its not something that appeals to me either. I would like to have a go at one so i can say ive at least tried it but dang the vita is just so over run by jrpgs!! Everytime i look at the 'what vita game i should get?' thread its just all thats talked about.

what i would love to see is an rpg like skyrim or Wow that i could play anywhere, unrealistic probably but its what im craving atm :p.

I also think theres a real gap in the market for a new action adventure hero like spyro, ratchet and clank, crash bandicoot etc. what with all the hd remakes but yet no new IPs. Or else i also wouldnt mind a new skateboarding game like the tony hawks underground series.

I guess what im tryina say is stop creating recycled fps and jrpgs? I feel like its just the same things over and over again.

@ mjco961

You have summed up my thoughts exactly about vita games atm.

Fair enough alot of people are into japenese style games but its not something that appeals to me either. I would like to have a go at one so i can say ive at least tried it but dang the vita is just so over run by jrpgs!! Everytime i look at the 'what vita game i should get?' thread its just all thats talked about.

I third this. Those kind of games are nice once in a while. The characters more than anything else annoy me as it makes me feel like I've already played this game several hundred times (it's like military FPS games). It actually hinders the story for me at times (Persona 4 is an exception). For me, characters are very important to my enjoyment of a story. It's like how I only drink hot chocolate when it's cold outside. I just need to be in the mood for it. I'm sure some people drink hot chocolate all the time, regardless of season, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm glad the Vita is getting a healthy support in one area, but I wish there were more games that appeal to more kinds of gamers instead of a small handful (JRPGs, indies, etc). I've played my Vita way more than my PS3 since I got it, but I'm reaching the point where I'm running out of things to play that appeal to me. I'd play the crap out of a NHL game. Another Uncharted would be phenomenal! An inFAMOUS game would be perfection.

• 5 weeks later...

The games that the Vita really needs are the original IPs like Gravity Rush and Freedom Wars that take full advantage of the power that the Vita delivers.

Other than that, I'd like to see some original games based off of previous series like:

- Resident Evil

- Silent Hill

- Gran Turismo

Anything like that, and I'll be interested on what the Vita has in store.