Old 06-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Milera

Post Sign The Petition "The Last of Us" for PSVITA

Sign & Share The Petition #LASTOFUS4VITA

https://www.change.org/petitions/nau...us-for-ps-vita

Milera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
Pseudonym

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   Community Gaming Event Gold   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Rather they made another new game for the Vita than just port TLOU tbh.

Pseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Milera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
I don't really care whether it's ported or completely new game as long as I can play it on my vita

Old 06-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Izorpo

tbh I really don't understand why there needs to be a Vita version of a game that's on the PS3.

I want original games made for the vita, not ports of PS3 games.

From Sony's perspective - wouldn't original games be a better selling point as in you must have the vita to play this game?

If the choice is a game that has versions on both the PS3 version will always win as large HD screen will win over Vita's ditty screen every time.

I love my vita, but it's not a device to completely immerse yourself in especially compared to the set-up I have for the PS3
Izorpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
Milera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izorpo View Post
tbh I really don't understand why there needs to be a Vita version of a game that's on the PS3.

From Sony's perspective - wouldn't original games be a better selling point as in you must have the vita to play this game?

If the choice is a game that has versions on both the PS3 version will always win as large HD screen will win over Vita's ditty screen every time.

I love my vita, but it's not a device to completely immerse yourself in especially compared to the set-up I have for the PS3
I don't have PS3 and never intended to buy one and it not just me, It's different console and it has nothing to do with PS3 and whether the game is already on the PS3 or not. I think Vita owners have a right not to be a PS3 owners and get as good games as PS3 users are getting...

Old 06-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
mjc0961

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   Beat the Muff   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   15,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   LittleBigPlanet Winter Wonderland, Third Place
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izorpo View Post

These. The only thing Vita really has is PS3 port after PS3 port after PS3 port. The last thing Vita needs is another bloody PS3 port. It needs original exclusive games.

Is there an option to sign this petition in opposition to it rather than in favor of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milera View Post
I don't have PS3 and never intended to buy one and it not just me, It's different console and it has nothing to do with PS3 and whether the game is already on the PS3 or not. I think Vita owners have a right not to be a PS3 owners and get as good games as PS3 users are getting...
It has everything to do with whether the game is already on PS3 or not. Some of us own both a PS3 and a Vita, and the Vita has been absolutely fucking useless because outside of a very small number of exclusive games, all the system has is PS3 ports. The last thing we want is more, we want games we can't get anywhere else on our Vita so it can actually be worth something rather than being the piece of crap we blew $250 on to play PS3 games we could already play on our PS3.

If you don't buy a PS3, that's your problem. But don't try to make the Vita's library even shittier for the rest of us just because you have some personal hang-up with buying a PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sterling
Tattooing the name "PS Vita" on my unimpressive penis would be more promotion than what Sony's given the system.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
vitaminamy
Banned

I don't own a Vita but unique exclusives are a better selling point than a PS3 port hub. I'm waiting for a solid library of games I can't get on my PS3 before buying one.
vitaminamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
AverySegaw

Send a message via Skype™ to AverySegaw

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

No. No, no, no. The things that make The Last of Us amazing would be lost by putting it on Vita.

I would understand a petition asking for another Uncharted or maybe even a tie-in for The Last of Us, and have Sony Bend make it. I would understand wanting a unique experience on the PS Vita. But I can't understand a petition asking for a port when Vita needs more exclusives.

I know that the Vita's current role as a "PS3 portable" is kind towards those who don't have a PS3, but for those of us who have both a PS3 and Vita, we want a little more substance, we want more games that reinforce why getting a Vita was a brilliant idea.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
kingofirony

How about a petition to have each one of Sony's major 1st party studios make an original game for the Vita.There's a chance Sucker Punch,Naughty Dog,and Sony Santa Monica will never make a game for the vita.They'll just port HD versions of old games.(God of War,Jak and Daxter).I know they're working on the PS4 right now,but come on the Vita needs support.
kingofirony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
SoaringEagle23

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   2,500 Posts   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I remember a thread about bringing Borderlands 2 to the Vita as well. Both The Last of Us and Borderlands 2 are great games, but the Vita cannot support such games; and even if it did, it wouldn't have the same level of graphics or fluid gameplay as it did on console. I'd much rather have a variation of the games that were specifically made for the Vita.

SoaringEagle23 is offline   Reply With Quote