The "What Vita Game Should I Get?" Thread

Bounty V

Based off of the The "What PS3 Game Should I Get?" Thread - PlaystationTrophies.org thread made by mjfan97, this is a place to ask for Vita-related game suggestions. Think a particular Vita game was awesome? Mention so here. Just bought a Vita and looking for some good starter games? Ask/browse here.

After seeing quite a few threads of people asking for game suggestions I figured one thread might be better and reduce clutter. If mods think otherwise, or think such threads should be in the Games forum, feel free to lock this, but make sure people asking for game suggestions know to ask in that forum as well ;)

To start off, I highly recommend Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Wipeout: 2048. Both games will give you many hours of gameplay, and with the recent price drops they won't cost you an arm and a leg.

How does it compare/contrast to the PS3 versions? Or is it literally the same with perhaps some Vita-specific controls added in?
It has its own story with new controls. Has some iPod style mini-games which I don't mind. Cross-buy DLC costumes. Pretty fun to have LBP on the go.

All the fighters are great. Yes including Reality Fighters, you can buy it for very little.

Lumines Electronic Symphony is great, but is not a lot of game for $40. It excises a lot of the modes from the previous several games in the series (i.e. Online, CPU Versus, Mission Mode and Puzzle Mode from Live! and Dig Down mode from Supernova). If you've got money to burn or are a complete Lumines freak, it's worth the buy, though.

MLB 12 The Show is nearly as good as its console counterpart and is the best handheld baseball game ever made, hands down. If you're a baseball fan, buy this game.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is just a little inferior to the PS3 version (graphics are somewhat scaled back and the frame rate is reduced), but still plays great and is one of the best platform games of the past decade.

Touch My Katamari is pretty much what you'd expect from a Katamari game, but doesn't seem to have the magic of the first two games. Maybe it's that the creator of the series isn't involved anymore, but there's something missing here.

Persona 4 and Ragnorok.

I'm not sure on people's definitions of an RPG, but don't forget about Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention. It came out a while back so the price is probably less - I know I payed $25 for a used copy when I got my Vita. Has well over 200 gameplay hours for the platinum from what I've heard but haven't really played the game myself (sad I know).

I'm not sure on people's definitions of an RPG, but don't forget about Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention. It came out a while back so the price is probably less - I know I payed $25 for a used copy when I got my Vita. Has well over 200 gameplay hours for the platinum from what I've heard but haven't really played the game myself (sad I know).

Not quite that long for the platinum. But you could easily play it that long

I am surprised that I am the first to mention this game: Gravity Rush. I think that this game is (at least probably before LBP Vita) the game that defines the Vita. A great staple that uses the most features (again before LBP) that the Vita can do. All in all, great art and gameplay and story.

Like mentioned before about fighters, I loved UMvC3. Game runs really well and it is very good.

Apart from that I have just recently imported (though I hear it is soon to release in the States) Dokuro, which is a platformer. Haven't played it yet, but it looks pretty good.

I really enjoyed Little Deviants.

If you don't mind not being able to get the platinum without major rage then go ahead and buy it. ;)

I'm going to wait until Super Monkey Ball until I get anything else, and probably won't buy another game until my + runs out or something amazing comes out.

I played the original for Wii, though I never finished it. Is it any good? I'm seriously considering getting it.

Also, are there any puzzle games? I love puzzles!

New Little King's Story is different. But you should be able to enjoy it.

Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward is a unique puzzle game with lots of story to it as well.

Edited by Shuffle

I played the original for Wii, though I never finished it. Is it any good? I'm seriously considering getting it.

It's definitely worth playing to say the least. I personally love it. But more than anything if you enjoyed the Wii version you'll enjoy this as well as I find it to actually be a little more refined.

Also, are there any puzzle games? I love puzzles!

Pulzar is a solid, low cost AR puzzle game and Puddle is pretty sweet as well!

You might also want to look into Escape Plan or even Lumines Electronic Symphony as well!

Rayman Origins, Plants Vs Zombies and Motorstorm RC are all on the PS3 and Vita however they all really lend themselves to the Vita as they are all pick up and play games that are great if you only have 5 mins or so to play however they offer longevity as well as will all take some time to Platinum so offer great VFM.

With regards to the Best Games ive played tho LBP and Uncharted are up at the top for me.