List of Vita-PS3 Cross-games

Pinhead

*** Work in Progress *** Help from community on confirming wether trophies or progress crosses, how and to what extent highly appreciated as I doubt I'll get my hands on all the games released on Vita

In this thread I want to list all PS3-Vita cross-games.

I've run into seven different versions of crossing so far, they are:

Cross-Play = You can play against PS3 players on the Vita and vice versa

Cross-purchase = Both versions included in purchase

Cross-progress = Platforms share some or all progress, leaderboards etc.

Cross-Trophies = Earn a trophy on 1 platform and it will pop on the other without having to do requirements again

Cross-Culminative Trophies = Trophies for culminative actions pop on other platform, but for single actions need to be repeated

Shared Trophies = The game shares one trophy list for both platforms and progress is shared

Cross-Controller = The Vita can be used as a controller for the PS3 game

In case of difference in title of PS3/Vita versions titles are listed as PS3 / Vita

(P) Marks games with Platinums, (G) Marks games without Platinums

Games with Cross-Play Features:

(G) A-Men Assault Armies in Japan

(G) Alien Breed

(P) Dead or Alive 5 / 5+

(P) MotorStorm RC

(P) PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale

(P) Ratchet & Clank Q-Force (US subtitle: Full Frontal Assault) (note, Vita version not out yet)

(P) Street Fighter X Tekken

(P) Wipeout HD & Fury DLC / Wipeout 2048 HD/Fury DLC´s

Cross-Purchase:

(G) Alien Breed

(G) Bentley's Hackpack

(G) Big Sky Infinity - Game & DLC

(P) Dead or Alive 5/5+ - All DLC

(G) Foosball 2012 - Game & DLC

(G) Guacamelee (releases 9th April)

(G) Hustle Kings - Game & DLC

(G) Knytt Underground

(P) Little Big Planet 2 / Vita - Some DLC is cross purchase, details needed[/i]

(P) MotorStorm RC - Game & DLC

(G) Pinball Arcade, The - Game & DLC

(P) PlayStation All Star Battle Royale - Cross-Buy limited to PS3 version

(P) Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (Full Frontal Assault in USA) - Vita version not out yet

(G) Retro City Rampage

(P) Sound Shapes - Game & DLC

(G) StarDrone Extreme[/color] - Bundle w/both platforms at discount

(P) Street Fighter X Tekken - DLC only + buying Vita version new gives a voucher for Alternative Costumes and the 12 DLC characters for PS3

(G) Top Darts - Game & DLC

(P) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - DLC only

(G) When Vikings Attack

(P) Wipeout HD+Fury / Wipeout 2048 DLC - Not 2048 game, only the DLC for it and whole PS3 bundle

(G) Zen Pinball 2 - Game & DLC, also includes previous ZP1 & Marvel Pinball tables

Cross-Progress and Cross-Trophies (100% share)

(P) MotorStorm RC - Game & DLC

(P) Sound Shapes - Game & DLC

(P) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

(G) Big Sky Infinity

(G) StarDrone Extreme

Cross-Progress and Partial Cross-Trophies

(G) Alien Breed - Shares Accumulative Trophies, bug with 1 of them though - see game thread

(P) BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend - Shares all Single Player Accumulative progress & Trophies

(P) Dead or Alive 5 / 5+ - Shares Title and Costume data, but only for unlocks, doesn't count towards trophies

(P) Dr. Who and the Eternity Clock - Shares Accumulative progress & Trophies

(P) Metal Gear Solid 2 HD - Partial share with strict criteria, see game forum

(P) Metal Gear Solid 3 HD - Partial share with strict criteria, see game forum

(G) Foosball 2012 - Info for this states full share but at release it wasn´t working as stated. has been patched but I need a confirmation wether it´s still partial or full share

(G) Zen Pinball 2 - 3 of the 4 Core game trophies can be shared, apart from that the game only shares High Score & Leaderboard data

Cross-Progress & Shared Trophies

(G) Knytt Underground

(P) Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (Full Frontal Assault in USA) - Vita version not out yet

(G) Retro City Rampage

(G) When Vikings Attack

Cross-Controller

(P) Little Big Planet 2 & Vita - Requires purchase of Cross-Control DLC

(P) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Feedback welcomed, and I'll be confirming some last pieces and polishing the layout as soon as I have time, prob midday or afternoon tomorrow

Edited by Pinhead
Layout edit and DoA5 update

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***reserved, just in case***

Gonna stick these here until I decide what to do with them:

feedback on wether this would serve any purpose welcomed, my thought is that it's nice to be able to rule them out, if it's listed here it's confirmed to not share trophies

Need to check:

Little Big Planet Vita/2 - DLC pack is cross purchase

Games with same Trophylist, but no crosspurchase or crosstrophies:

(P) Ben 10 Galactic Racing

(P) Need For Speed: Most Wanted

(P) Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

(P) Sonic & All-Star Racing: Transformed

(P) Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (users can use Vita as PS3 controller)

(G) Jet Pack Joyride

(G) Jet Set Radio HD

(G) Machinarium

Retail Games with different Trophylist and no share:

(P) Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice/Detention

(P) F1 2011

(P) Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

(P) Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7

(P) Michael Jackson: The Experience

(P) MUD: FIM Motocross World Championship

(P) Mortal Kombat

(P) Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2/2+

(P) Rayman Origins

PSN Games with different Trophylist and no share:

(P) Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (only Vita version has (P), PS3 version is a PSN game)

(P) Plants vs. Zombies (only Vita version has (P), PS3 version is a PSN game)

(G) A-Men - Info for this states it has Cross-Play

(G) Pure Chess

Edited by Pinhead
Machinarium added

*** reserved, just in case ***

Games I haven't gotten confirmed yet:

***Announced Unreleased Games with Cross-play/progress/trophies***

Dead or Alive 5+ (Team Ninja said everything shares, waiting for reports from Japan release)

Ratchet & Clank Q-Force/Full Frontal Assault - PS3 version is out, Vita version hitting in January. hmm, & it's march & it's still not here

Edited by Pinhead
Ben 10 racing removed

I'm kind thinking that maybe it would be easiest to browse this if it was simply a table, listing all games alphabetically with checkmarks wether they are cross-purchase / progress / trophies.

Could easily include PSN points and wether game has online / adhoc trophies.

I already have that database on my PC, lists all games in all regions as of from a week ago, with ca 85% of all info put in, mostly needing confirmations on non-crossing retail games and online / adhoc info for Asian games

But is it possible to make a table on these forums, or would it have to be like a Notepad document pasted in?

Gonna mull over this a bit, cos I find it to be a bit unfriendly to read as it is

Edited by Pinhead

If you purchase wipEout HD and wipEout HD Fury DLC on PSN, you get the WipeOut 2048 DLC for free.

Example:

WipEout 2048 WipEout HD Fury Bundle Pack (add-On Content 580MB)

Then in the description under notices the second one is:

• This game pack is free for anyone who owns the WipEout HD Fury Bundle Pack or both WipEout HD and the WipEout HD Fury expansion pack for PlayStation 3 from PlayStation Store
  • Also, buy this product for the PlayStation Vita and get the PlayStation 3 version for free. After purchasing, simply head to the PlayStation Store "Download List" and you'll find this product ready to be downloaded.

Also, you can play against PS3 users on WipEout 2048 if you have the WipEout HD and Fury DLC...you just need to race on the DLC maps.

Edited by Bounty V

***reserved, just in case***

Gonna stick these here until I decide what to do with them:

feedback on wether this would serve any purpose welcomed, my thought is that it's nice to be able to rule them out, if it's listed here it's confirmed to not share trophies

Retail Games with same Trophylist, but no crosspurchase or crosstrophies:

Retail Games with different Trophylist and no share:

No reason not to include these. In fact, you can also add a PSN version of that second one, as Plants vs. Zombies would qualify.

No reason not to include these. In fact, you can also add a PSN version of that second one, as Plants vs. Zombies would qualify.

Thanks for reminding me, I even have that game myself so I should've remembered it *blushing*

I've been trying out the online in BlazBlue CSE, seems it don't cross. I had 2 wins 9 losses on the PS3, transferred but still had to do 3 wins on Vita for the 3 win trophy, and the online stats on Vita reads W3-L7, where if it accumulated across it should read W5-L16.

So I'm guessing the 100 ranked matches and 10 tournament matches (including a win without playing) are a given we'll need to do on both, and probably the 200 PSR as well.

Can anyone confirm or counter?

Edited by Pinhead

Just a quick update/pointer(UMvC3), if you bought Jill and/or Shuma Gorath on either System you should get it on the other system. It should work for those who for Jill and Shuma for free through MvC3:FTTW special edition. I read it was limited time only, but still see that in the PSN on vita.

I should of pointed this out in my original post but never mind, the Rayman Origin trophy lists are ever so slightly different.

hmm, are they now, I had them open side by side and did scrolled down scanning for differences, didn't notice. I'll have another look. I do remember seeing a game where there was 1 trophy that was a bit different, think it was 1 of the MGS:HD games, but it was basically the same requirement, they just phrased the description a bit different.

But I'll have a look, a bit slower this time around ;)

Just a quick update/pointer(UMvC3), if you bought Jill and/or Shuma Gorath on either System you should get it on the other system. It should work for those who for Jill and Shuma for free through MvC3:FTTW special edition. I read it was limited time only, but still see that in the PSN on vita.

That's a good thing right there - I'll add it (buy them first chance I'll get as I will be getting the PS3 version later sometime) and keep an eye on wether they pull it off later. I see that the complete bundle is also crossing, good for the fashionistas ;)

*** I'm thinking of an edit of OP that makes the titles stand out more and a sign for each Cross-Type for a fast read referance. My personal reason for doing that is that I've so far bought games I want, check roadmap to be aware of difficulty stacks, missables, online, timesinks etc, further research after 1playthrough to get plat. And then there's the Trophy-Whoring :D where I've been borrowing easy games from friends and buying games that look fun enough to be worth the plat and researched when I get home. That's of course led to some disasters (*coughLarrycough*) but after having stranded myself on a couple of adhoc games, I seriously wanna add a giant warning label on all things Adhoc trophy related...until Sony sort this out and give us Ad-hoc Party for Vita

And I wanna see if it's possible to make some sort of quick-guide for the likes of BlazBlue and MGS duo, and other games that will come with...complicated sharing capabilities...let's call it that

But can MGS be summed up, last I checked people were experiencing various issues and still no solid this is 100% way to go?

Edited by Pinhead

I was thinking about making a thread like this a while ago but was too lazy.

Maybe add a "announced" section too?

Like the new Ratchet and PlayStation All-Stars plus some other game were annoucned cross-buy and before the Vita was released they said Street Fighter X Tekken was going to support cross-buy DLC.

Just wanted to point you in the direction of Zen Pinball 2. Not sure how the download or previous tables works, but from what I was reading it is cross playable?

Ye I'm trying to figure this one out myself, I feel it's a bit to pricy to buy if I only get the Vita table packs for the asking price, while it'd be a very spot-on price if I'm getting both. It's gonna be the dealbreaker for me.

They did state that having the old Marvel tables should grant you them for this game for free. That's the only solid piece I found so far

Well, I'm dl'ing free trial of both versions right now, will update here when I figure this out. But I doubt there is cross purchase on this, they tend to state that very clearly on the store when that's the case, as it boosts sales.

Cross-Purchase, and should Import all owned older tables and all ZP2 purchases are cross-purchase, says so 1st time you start game up :applause::applause:

I also got the Zen Pinball Classics table pack for free, both Vita and PS3. Maybe we're supposed to?

I'm thinking if it won't be more trophies for the buck if I buy the Marvel Pinball game and DLC for that, import to this one on both consoles? haven't checked the trophy list on this yet, but I'll look into this before rushing into any purchases

I was thinking about making a thread like this a while ago but was too lazy.

Maybe add a "announced" section too?

Like the new Ratchet and PlayStation All-Stars plus some other game were annoucned cross-buy and before the Vita was released they said Street Fighter X Tekken was going to support cross-buy DLC.

Lol, ye I check your Vita game thread once in a while, you beat me to that when I was being lazy

But dude, that's awesome news as I'm getting SFxT for the Vita, but to show Capcom that I don't like their 'marketing policies' on the PS3 version I'm not getting that, but I can borrow it for a day or 2 to pop trophies if that would be the case, so great news to me.

I'd like to add these as long as they're cofirmed, ie not just a rumor or wishful thinking from a forum, but actually a statement saying so, you got these from any reliable links I could give a quick sniff? If I have excess time tonight I'll search it a bit as I'm very happy about these news

Edited by Pinhead

ZEN PINBALL 2

If you get this game and don't have older games read this

They charge 20 DKR for Captain America for the new ZP2, but going into the older Marvel Pinball game's DLC I could buy it for 15, get it for MP, and it imports into ZP2 for free on both systems, saving a 5-er here, 15 on a table bundle, amounts to some free tables for those interested