XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > PlayStation Conversation > Vita Discussion

Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Kaero
PSN Firmware Update - 1.61

went to check my friends app to discover an update, this is from the PS.Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS.Blog
In preparation for Wednesday’s wide release of PS Vita, tonight we’re making System Software Update (v1.61) available for download. If you are just turning on your PlayStation Vita for the first time, this
update will add the following features:
  • A new application, (Maps), has been added to the home screen.
  • In addition to photos, you can now take videos using the Photo application.
  • You can now publish stories about the products that you rate in PlayStation Store to Facebook.
  • In near, players’ information is now displayed on the Discoveries screen. On this screen, a list of the online IDs of up to 100 players that you have encountered, and the number of times that you encountered each player, are displayed. Tap an online ID to display that player’s profile screen.
  • The Mac OS version of Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation has been released. The Windows version has also been updated.
You can download Content Manager Assistant from here. Refer to the website to find out how to install the application.

If you have already updated your PS Vita to 1.60, 1.61 will improve certain aspects of the system software.

XCrownedClownX. July 2008 - December 2013. Stolen by a hacker, unable to get back.
Kaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCrownedClownX View Post
went to check my friends app to discover an update, this is from the PS.Blog
I just got it.. still doesnt fix the near glitch with 3g..
Old 02-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   First PS4 Game Nights   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
If you have already updated your PS Vita to 1.60, 1.61 will improve certain aspects of the system software
I love cyrptic.

Meanwhile, back in the Batcave I had used the Batcomputer to decode "improve certain aspects" and found out the following...

"Some things are improved."

Well shoot...thats no help at all.

Sony really needs to explain updates and patches better. Certain aspects of the consumer base would appreciate it.

My YouTube Stuff (And My Sons)
Psikorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Kaero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psikorps View Post
I love cyrptic.

Meanwhile, back in the Batcave I had used the Batcomputer to decode "improve certain aspects" and found out the following...

"Some things are improved."

Well shoot...thats no help at all.

Sony really needs to explain updates and patches better. Certain aspects of the consumer base would appreciate it.
No doubt. Even if it's a tiny little thing that doesn't even matter I'd still like to know what's changed xD. I'm starting to think that these improved aspects are just Sony codeword for "we found a security risk that we patched, we didn't want to tell you though or else the hackers will slave away at that firmware version attempting to find the security risk to exploit it."

XCrownedClownX. July 2008 - December 2013. Stolen by a hacker, unable to get back.
Kaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   First PS4 Game Nights   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCrownedClownX View Post
No doubt. Even if it's a tiny little thing that doesn't even matter I'd still like to know what's changed xD. I'm starting to think that these improved aspects are just Sony codeword for "we found a security risk that we patched, we didn't want to tell you though or else the hackers will slave away at that firmware version attempting to find the security risk to exploit it."
My thoughts exactly.

Though if that really was the case, I understand them saying nothing.
But at the same time, I would still like to know what exactly I'm downloading.

Oh well, as long as the thing works I'm happy.

My YouTube Stuff (And My Sons)
Psikorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

It would be a good thing to know what the update do. They could just not be doing anything and pretending to be upgrading I very much doubt that though.

KirwanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just hope they keep improving the system with a nice pace.

xesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maximum Clubs Director

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Staff - Clubs Director
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)

Eric is always like that with firmware updates, only mentions the biggest enhancements and usually closes off with something like "system software system stability improvements" or "certain aspects have been improved".

That is fine, most people don't need to see a laundry list of fixes like "we fixed the spelling error in this menu", "this operation is now faster", "These games are more stable" for example. It could as little as few items to hundreds. Sometimes that kind of information can reveal exploits and that does not need to be known to millions of people.