Firmware Update - 1.61

Kaero

went to check my friends app to discover an update, this is from the PS.Blog

In preparation for Wednesday’s wide release of PS Vita, tonight we’re making System Software Update (v1.61) available for download. If you are just turning on your PlayStation Vita for the first time, this

update will add the following features:

• A new application, (Maps), has been added to the home screen.
  • In addition to photos, you can now take videos using the Photo application.
  • You can now publish stories about the products that you rate in PlayStation Store to Facebook.
  • In near, players’ information is now displayed on the Discoveries screen. On this screen, a list of the online IDs of up to 100 players that you have encountered, and the number of times that you encountered each player, are displayed. Tap an online ID to display that player’s profile screen.
  • The Mac OS version of Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation has been released. The Windows version has also been updated.

You can download Content Manager Assistant from here. Refer to the website to find out how to install the application.

If you have already updated your PS Vita to 1.60, 1.61 will improve certain aspects of the system software.

If you have already updated your PS Vita to 1.60, 1.61 will improve certain aspects of the system software

I love cyrptic.

Meanwhile, back in the Batcave I had used the Batcomputer to decode "improve certain aspects" and found out the following...

"Some things are improved."

Well shoot...thats no help at all.

Sony really needs to explain updates and patches better. Certain aspects of the consumer base would appreciate it.

I love cyrptic.

Meanwhile, back in the Batcave I had used the Batcomputer to decode "improve certain aspects" and found out the following...

"Some things are improved."

Well shoot...thats no help at all.

Sony really needs to explain updates and patches better. Certain aspects of the consumer base would appreciate it.

No doubt. Even if it's a tiny little thing that doesn't even matter I'd still like to know what's changed xD. I'm starting to think that these improved aspects are just Sony codeword for "we found a security risk that we patched, we didn't want to tell you though or else the hackers will slave away at that firmware version attempting to find the security risk to exploit it."

No doubt. Even if it's a tiny little thing that doesn't even matter I'd still like to know what's changed xD. I'm starting to think that these improved aspects are just Sony codeword for "we found a security risk that we patched, we didn't want to tell you though or else the hackers will slave away at that firmware version attempting to find the security risk to exploit it."

My thoughts exactly.

Though if that really was the case, I understand them saying nothing.

But at the same time, I would still like to know what exactly I'm downloading.

Oh well, as long as the thing works I'm happy.

Eric is always like that with firmware updates, only mentions the biggest enhancements and usually closes off with something like "system software system stability improvements" or "certain aspects have been improved".

That is fine, most people don't need to see a laundry list of fixes like "we fixed the spelling error in this menu", "this operation is now faster", "These games are more stable" for example. It could as little as few items to hundreds. Sometimes that kind of information can reveal exploits and that does not need to be known to millions of people.