PS Vita Launch Such a Big Deal It's Attracting Celebrities

oversoul53

as some of you may (or may not) know, PlayStation has a weekly podcast they post on the PlayStation Blog known as the "PlayStation Blogcast"

I was just listening to this weeks episode and was surprised to hear that the launch of PS Vita had attracted the attention of certain movie stars.

at exactly 11 min and 25 sec into the episode the audio cuts to pre-recorded mic interviews with 4 different celebs who had shown up at a Vita Hill Social Club to try it out.

The celebs in question are:

Josh Duhamel from Transformers

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2010/news/101213/josh-duhamel-240.jpg

Chloë Grace Moretz from Kick-Ass and Hugo

http://www.trailershut.com/actor-images/chloe-moretz-2050.jpg

Liam Hemsworth from the Hunger Games

http://static.poponthepop.com/images/gallery/liam-hemsworth-image.jpg

and...

Rick Malambri from Step Up 3D

http://e2de.com/data_images/rick-malambri/rick-malambri-01.jpg

so far they're calling this the most successful Sony system launch in history.

you can listen to the blogcast here:

Official PlayStation Blogcast

just click the POD button

Edited by oversoul53

Yeah... I have no idea who those ppl are but anyone is a celebrity these days... :rolleyes:

you are if you were in a movie, and all of them were, very popular movies, and they all played main characters.

Google is your friend.

Never heard of any of those and also, really? The Vita really isn't impressive to me with the amount of things wrong with it and the fact there's only a few games.

there's over 16 launch titles and most of them are big name games... (Uncharted, ModNation, Super Stardust, Wipeout, Host Shots Golf, ect.), and there's more right around the corner 9such as LittleBigPlanet) that's more than PS3 had.

Edited by oversoul53

What are you mad i under stand the first celeb is a low lvl but the second was in a major blockbuster movie that is one of my favs duhhhh ZOMBIE LAND she made millions on that

Sorry, what?!

She's a child actor that's only just started to get roles in a lot of films. She wasn't in Zombieland either, the OP tells you what films each actor has been in. The girl in Zombieland is called Abigail Breslin.

Edited by Fireforge

Or maybe real celebrities have enough self respect to not take part in stupid shit like this. :think:

not calling you out or anything. just trying to figure out which part you find stupid. simply out of curiosity.

the podcast?

the Vita launch parties?

or the Vita itself?

also, to everyone who doesn't know who these people are. have you lived under a rock for the past 3 years? or do u just not ever watch movies?

the girl is Hit-Girl from Kick-Ass, you know, that movie that did VERY well? she was also the vampire girl in the American version of Let the Right One In known as Let Me In

the first guy is the MAIN WHITE SOLIDER DUDE from Transformers, he's been in all 3 movies.

Then again, I actually pay attention to actors and whatnot. I'm a badass with movie trivia and I kick ass at Scene It so it helps to know all this. I'm a HUGE film buff so I pay more attention to movie stuff than people who just watch it for entertainment.

those people know bigger names like Adam Sandler, Johnny Depp, Bruce Willis, cuz they've been in a million things. But these other actors, they have been in big name movies, but not enough of them to be recognized by name quite yet. Unless, you're like me, and memorize every last detail of every last movie you ever watch. lol.

Please tell me you all at least know who the black solider is from Transformers?

I'll give you a hint: 2 Fast, 2 Furious; Death Race; Four Brothers

Edited by oversoul53

also, to everyone who doesn't know who these people are. have you lived under a rock for the past 3 years? or do u just not ever watch movies?

Must've been...

Maybe movie producers should make their cover art like that of books, with the actor's names written in massive text taking up 80% of the cover and the title being so small it's barely readable.

Maybe then we'll know who these people are :think:

not calling you out or anything. just trying to figure out which part you find stupid. simply out of curiosity.

the podcast?

the Vita launch parties?

or the Vita itself?

I was just talking about how low level celebrities (not specifically aimed at the celebrities that attended this) show up to promotional stuff like this party because obviously they've been paid to, but at the same time they see it as an opportunity to get some free exposure and to get people to pay attention to them.

I just couldn't care less what these "celebrities" do with their spare time, i don't care if they're gamers or whatever. I've seen Models etc claim that they're hardcore gamers and they love games and it turns out they play buzz quiz or Kinect sports every now and again.

I'm not attacking the Vita or Sony because all Launch Parties are the same, i was just expressing my insignificant opinion that i couldn't care less.

Please tell me you all at least know who the black solider is from Transformers?

B.A. Baracus? :p

Edited by Fireforge

I've seen Models etc claim that they're hardcore gamers and they love games and it turns out they play buzz quiz or Kinect sports every now and again.

These kinds of people are gamers like i'm a fitness fanatic. It turns out I just walk to the dairy every now and again for a pie and a coke :whistle:

the podcast?

the Vita launch parties?

or the Vita itself?

the girl is Hit-Girl from Kick-Ass, you know, that movie that did VERY well? she was also the vampire girl in the American version of Let the Right One In known as Let Me In

the first guy is the MAIN WHITE SOLIDER DUDE from Transformers, he's been in all 3 movies.

Then again, I actually pay attention to actors and whatnot. I'm a badass with movie trivia and I kick ass at Scene It so it helps to know all this. I'm a HUGE film buff so I pay more attention to movie stuff than people who just watch it for entertainment.

those people know bigger names like Adam Sandler, Johnny Depp, Bruce Willis, cuz they've been in a million things. But these other actors, they have been in big name movies, but not enough of them to be recognized by name quite yet. Unless, you're like me, and memorize every last detail of every last movie you ever watch. lol.

So in other words, the only reason you know who those four people are is because you're a big movie buff. To people who aren't, they're not celebrities. They're just actors we've never heard of.

Do you know why people know who Adam Sandler, Bruce Willis, and Johnny Depp are? Because they ARE celebrities. Those other people, they're just actors.

To help you out:

"A celebrity, also referred to as a celeb in popular culture, is a person who has a prominent profile and commands a great degree of public fascination and influence in day-to-day media."

Those four people? Not celebrities.

So in other words, the only reason you know who those four people are is because you're a big movie buff. To people who aren't, they're not celebrities. They're just actors we've never heard of.

Do you know why people know who Adam Sandler, Bruce Willis, and Johnny Depp are? Because they ARE celebrities. Those other people, they're just actors.

To help you out:

"A celebrity, also referred to as a celeb in popular culture, is a person who has a prominent profile and commands a great degree of public fascination and influence in day-to-day media."

hmmm... that's a good point. I guess technically, celebrity and actor are 2 different things. However, it is very common and socially acceptable for people to refer to actors as celebrities, because to most people, they are the same thing. Even though they're technically not the same, that's still how people see them in general.

To help you out:

Wow, I never thought of it that way before. I just assumed Celebrities where the same as Actors. I need to think into things like this more in-depth next time.