Great King Trophy the PS Vita Version

On the other forum for Virtua Tennis 4 for the PS3 they explained how to unlock King, but none of them work for me.

So, for those who has a PS Vita and unlocked him, can you please tell me how did you guys unlocked him because the PS3 version of the Virtua Tennis 4 does not work for the PS Vita in my point of view.

You first need to play the world tour and get to the SPT finals and defeat The King in the world tour.

Than you need to play the arcade mode with normal mode and don't lose a set.

Then the fifth round should be the special match with the King. Against the King you can retry as much as you need to win.

After winning he should unlock.

I hope that this can help ;-)

You first need to play the world tour and get to the SPT finals and defeat The King in the world tour.

Than you need to play the arcade mode with normal mode and don't lose a set.

Then the fifth round should be the special match with the King. Against the King you can retry as much as you need to win.

After winning he should unlock.

I hope that this can help ;-)

I already got him from unlocking him from the arcade mode not the world tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first time I won the first four rounds without losing a set or going to deuce, the King appeared. This was on easy difficulty, and I'm pretty sure I only received medals in three or four categories, not five. I foolishly pressed quit instead of the retry though, after losing.

Next time I tried, I faced the Duke instead and got an easy win. Now, the Duke ALWAYS appears after the four regular matches, regardless of difficulty levels and/or medals. I've tried countless combinations of these.

It has been said that you need to beat him in Tour mode before you can face him in Arcade, so I'm hoping he'll come back when I get that far in Tour mode. No idea why he appeared the very first time in Arcade, though.

• 2 weeks later...
The first time I won the first four rounds without losing a set or going to deuce, the King appeared. This was on easy difficulty, and I'm pretty sure I only received medals in three or four categories, not five. I foolishly pressed quit instead of the retry though, after losing.

Next time I tried, I faced the Duke instead and got an easy win. Now, the Duke ALWAYS appears after the four regular matches, regardless of difficulty levels and/or medals. I've tried countless combinations of these.

It has been said that you need to beat him in Tour mode before you can face him in Arcade, so I'm hoping he'll come back when I get that far in Tour mode. No idea why he appeared the very first time in Arcade, though.

I've beaten the King in tour mode, but every time I play arcade mode I just get the Duke. No idea how to unlock this trophy. Surely someone has it and can shed some light on this?

• 5 weeks later...

maybe you gotta unlock all the other players or something.

not sure.

anyway.. I got it by playing on normal difficulty, not losing a single game. 2-0 in all games. and the king showed up.. hoiurray.

on the other hand.. I ain't played against the Duke.. lucky me I guess :D

maybe you gotta unlock all the other players or something.

not sure.

anyway.. I got it by playing on normal difficulty, not losing a single game. 2-0 in all games. and the king showed up.. hoiurray.

on the other hand.. I ain't played against the Duke.. lucky me I guess :D

Lol you not played Duke and I not played King yet :D

I've finally played against him just now and beaten him. I am happy now :)

Glad that you managed to beat however is there any chance you could specify exactly how you set it up. I've tried the ways suggested here with a variety of characters, difficulties. Not losing a set or points and can still only get Duke despite beating King in the World Tour.

As for the number or medals i can generally get them for smash, volley, shot and super but is it just me or is the drop shot and lob function completely pointless and non effective? Drop shots don't seem to "drop" thus making the lob a non existent shot to perform.

On a similar note how the shitting hell do you get an ace? I had about 2 of them the entire time i've played.

I've just managed to get him now so to clarify how.

I played arcade singles mode. With my custom character on NORMAL difficulty. I won the 4 matched 2-0 and only dropped a couple of points but didn't let anyone get more than 30 against me in any one game. I obtained medals for smash, volley and shot and King unlocked as a SPECIAL match.

• 2 weeks later...

I unlocked Edberg as a special match after winning all 4 games 2-0 and only giving up 1 point in the 4 games combined. I got 3 gold medals; volley, smash and shot I believe and 1 silver, can't remember which one it was but I know it wasn't serve (I think you have to hit aces to get serve medals). I'm gonna finish my second world tour before attempting again so my guy is levelled up more. I'll try on normal difficulty this time although I saw someone on here say it's possible to unlock him on easy.

I just beat King on easy difficulty in arcade so it can definitely be done. I had silver, nothing, silver, gold, silver, nothing for a total of bronze overall in the six categories after I finished my first 4 rounds. I actually didn't do great in my first 4 rounds but no one got above 30 points on me however I think I only had 1 perfect game. After I beat King my categories were gold, nothing, gold, gold, silver, nothing for an overall of gold. Hope this helps. Oh and I used my created character btw, not sure if that made any difference. I already got the STP gold trophy in my first season and then had finished my second season with full conditioning. Again, not sure if that makes a difference but I figured I'd mention I played 2 seasons. King was very easy to beat on easy difficulty, I only gave up 1 point.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have this trophy, and I have an idea what might actually work consistently.

I decided to try this :

1. Play on normal, without going to deuce of course.

2. Receive five different medals before the special match. I had 2 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze. The empty one was the serve category for me.

3. Use and WIN A POINT WITH A SUPER SHOT IN EVERY MATCH.

Worked first time for me! Tried many times on normal/easy with five medals but failing to win a point with a special shot in one or several matches and I would just end up facing Duke over and over again.

I encourage other people to try this and report their results.

I used a custom player with the 'serve & volley' speciality, which builds up the special meter quickly and also makes it quite easy to defeat the King. Got him on my 1st try and I'm far from brilliant at this game.

Edited by kiyosaru

• 4 weeks later...

I got this last night on the vita, super easy, simply beat the game, win some medals in different categories in every game, lobs, serves, strokes for example.

I did not have to use powershots in every match, in fact I think I didnt even use them since I was more concentrated on the medals. Now Im trying to get the Duke.

gl

• 2 weeks later...

Just the medals did not work for me, despite loads and loads of attempts. When I added the super shot though, it worked perfectly. Tried it several times.

Perhaps you used the super shot in one match and that was enough, or the whole thing might be completely random - with a bigger chance perhaps if you use super shots.

This is one weird trophy.