Rate the trophy difficulty  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.42

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Vyrastas

• 3 weeks later...

None of the trophies require too much skill - the most challenging trophies can still be obtained on the easiest difficulty.

The only annoying trophy is the Rank A one and that is merely time-consuming, not difficult, as you rank up regardless as to whether you win or lose your online games.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd give this game a 4, its not very challenging, but requires a bit of planning to avoid doing the World Tour too many times. I completed the Tour 4 times which was my own fault as I missed the star count to make the finals first time round.

Getting 10 royal flushes was a case of replaying the mini game countless times. Getting to top condition on some mini games requires some skill hence the 4. There is some skill needed for online streak due to many excellent players online, but boosting to level A5 is a massive grind - I estimate maybe 15 hours with a boosting partner non stop 5 set matches 7-6, 6-7, 7-6,6-7, 7-6 is the best tactic - very tedious.

• 2 weeks later...

I give this a four.

The single player trophies are pretty much easy to get, with little grinding. The "Play with all real players" trophy didn't glitch for me and it pretty much popped after the final real player's match is over.

Most of the trophies can be obtained through the World Tour Match, with a minimum of two play throughs (one focused on stars, other focused on condition and mini games.) but I have to play through it for the third time to boost my Player's "stats" so I can buy every playing style.

The Max Serves, Power Shots and Smashing trophies will pop through your World Tour playthroughs. Just stick the difficulty on "Casual" difficulty and you'll find it much less of a challenge.

The Royal Flush trophy is possibly annoying as it relies on a bit of luck. I pretty much got it after I've got almost everything.

I still have to go for the "Rank A" online trophy and that seriously need a lot of time and grinding to obtain. Doesn't help that the online is sometimes laggy, sometimes perfect. The lag puts a hinder on "Three Wins In A Row Online" trophy but I managed to get three lag-free games in a row, thankfully.

Pretty a very good game, but I'm so sick of it! :mad:

• 2 months later...

Voted a 3.

Easy game, all the trophies are easy, but most require little to lots of grinding. With the boosting trick you can easily get "win 3 online games in a row" otherwise would prove quite diffcult.

Getting the royal flushes is teh most difficult trophy as the ball very rarely hits the card you actually want it to hit.

Also beating the king can be difficult and took a few tries, just remember keep the ball away from his backhand and you will be fine.

• 2 months later...

Voted 4.

I like tennis and this game gave me a lot fun.Only two trophies was hard and one is timeconfusing.The Royal Flush trophy is so stupid for me and beat the "King".If we aren't good on this game this guy is so hard.And online.. was so boring to boost.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Voted a 3.

Nothing too challenging: World Tour can be completed on easy if needs be and a lot of the trophies are just grinding. Poker Face was by far the hardest trophy for me but once I practiced a bit, I seemed to get into a groove with it.

Online was a drag so I was lucky to have a few boosting partners, otherwise it would have taken forever.

• 1 month later...

I voted 5.

Nothing is too difficult! I had to go through 3 playthroughs of the world tour and I had to start number 4 aswell in order to get all playstyles.

Royal flush trophy is purely luck based since you never know what cards are gonna turn. You can end up having 4 good cards and then get a flush or straight on the last, and then missing out on the royal straight flush.

Beating the king wasn't difficult. Took a few tries to unlock him but I beat him on the first go.

The online grind is stupid and way too long. Took like a week of several hours each night to reach rank A5. Approximately around 15-20 hours in total.

This game was fun at first but I just wanted to plat it at last!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Although the path to getting the platinum trophy is easy and straight forward, there are times where the difficulty can spike like getting 10 royal flushes and beating King. Online to get A rank can take a long time but with a good online partner the time can be reduced significantly. Overall I give Virtua Tennis 4 a difficulty rating of 4.

http://imageshack.us/a/img690/6264/redonesizesign.png

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Strider-Cloud.png

Edited by Stone Cold Snake

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I found the game relatively easy but some trophies like "Great King", "Poker Face" and "Online Streak" still require a certain level of skills. Also, the amount of rage-quitters online and the lack of some kind of forfeit system being implemented, I think, makes getting to Rank A a painful job without boosting it with a reliable partner. Overall, VT4 is one of my personal favorites on the Vita, and I'm generally not that much into sport games, racers aside.

• 1 month later...