Liscense challenge 9 wtf?

This one wasn't bad. I just kept p p k combo'ing and dash kicks (-> -> and k) her with Kage and she only managed two parries in the three matches against her. Had more problems with #10. Spamming triangle on most opponents no longer worked. Managed it after failing only once though, but had at least one close match.

If you're still having trouble with this and want to use a cheap tactic to win, start by using Kage, take a few steps back, and run and press R2 for his spinning dropkick, or you can use L2 for a sort of dive kick... either way she NEVER parries them... and you can time them so you get her again JUST as she gets back up so you're in no danger whatsoever...

Was I only one that thought #2 was hardest and rest challenges just required spamming? I used Pai Chan & Lau Chan through them very easily. #2 I was struggling with though lol, button guarding is new to me.

#2 was the hardest for me too although it only took me two tried to beat. I'm not big on fighting games so I'm glad the trophies for VF5 were so easy.

If you're still having trouble with this and want to use a cheap tactic to win, start by using Kage, take a few steps back, and run and press R2 for his spinning dropkick, or you can use L2 for a sort of dive kick... either way she NEVER parries them... and you can time them so you get her again JUST as she gets back up so you're in no danger whatsoever...

that worked like a dream. spamming punch doesn't work with that Vanessa on stage 9.

I used Kage as well...but I used :up: + :r1: and he'll jump in the air and do an attack on the way down, and she'll rarely block it. I just spammed this constantly and it worked like a charm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Why did some of you have trouble with the guard licence?

Button smashin :triangle: until you're one combo from winning, hold guard until you get all those blocks, then do the :triangle: combo again.

Guarding was an issue at first with me on this game as it was pressing a button for guard. I've played most fighting games where it's a simple press or hold back with the analog, I kept doing this instead of pressing :triangle: for guard lol. I'm use to it now though for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
Why did some of you have trouble with the guard licence?

Button smashin :triangle: until you're one combo from winning, hold guard until you get all those blocks, then do the :triangle: combo again.

My problem with the guard mechanism was that I thought you had to hit the guard button when you were attacked (akin to the Gachi counters in BattleFantasia). Once I knew you could just hold guard down, it became much easier.

• 4 months later...