Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map

5W147rC.png

If through reading my guide you have decided to join the PlaystationTrophies.org community, it would be greatly appreciated if you would give me (Dark_Raven666) a referral upon signing up, thanks!

Copyright/Rights of Use:

This guide may not be re-produced outside of PlaystationTrophies.org without written permission by the author(s). If given permission to use any information from the guide, please supply proper credits to its original poster.

Overview:

• Estimated Difficulty: 1.5/10 (Trophy Difficulty Rating)
  • Approximate time: 1-2 hours
  • Trophy Breakdown: 12 (7(B), 4(S), 1(G))
    • Offline: 10 (5(B), 4(S), 1(G))
    • Online: 2 (2(B))

[*]Minimum number of playthroughs required: 1 Arcade Mode, 1 Score Attack Mode, 10 License Challenge Modes, 10 Ranked Matches

[*]Difficulty Trophies Stack: Can be done on any difficulty

[*]Missable Trophies: None

[*]Glitched Trophies: None

[*]Cheats: No

Introduction:

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown is a revised, PSN-downloadable edition of SEGA's 2007 hit Virtua Fighter 5. It features new character costumes and animations, as well as introducing a new character in the form of Jean Kujo. Being a trophy site though, the most interesting addition is trophy support (albeit with disappointingly easy trophies). A game such as this has such potential for trophies, alas we are given a small array of very easy trophies. Oh well, at least it's an easy 100%!

Before you start - Controls:

You'll need to know the controls in order to execute the proper moves and combos:

:square: - Guard (Referred to as [G])

:triangle: - Punch (Referred to as [P])

:circle: - Kick (Referred to as [K])

:cross: - Punch (Referred to as [P])

:l1: - [P] + [G]

:l2: - [P] + [K] + [G]

:r1: - [P] + [K]

:r2: - [K] + [G]

NOTE: All these controls are default, so they will be different if you've changed them or are using a fighting stick.

Before you start - Basics:

In order to complete some of the License Challenges, you'll need to know how to do some of the basic moves:

Guard/Block - To Guard/Block, you must use the [G] command. You can stand guard, which will block high attacks and middle attacks, but not low attacks. You can also crouch guard by pressing :down: whilst using [G], which blocks low attacks and dodges high attacks, but leaves you vulnerable to middle attacks.

Counter - to Counter, you must strike the opponent immediately after they strike you.

Grab/Throw - To Grab or Throw a player, you must use either [G] + [P], [G] + [K] or [G] + [P] + [K] against a guarding enemy.

Defensive Move - In order to use a Defensive Move, you must press :up: or :down: to move away from or closer to the camera, respectively. Doing so at the right time will dodge certain attacks.

Offensive Move - An Offensive Move is performed by using [G] + [P] + [K] (default :l2:) while using a Defensive Move. Do not hold :up: or :down:, as this will result in your character simply walking around the opponent, as opposed to dodging. Firmly tap :up: or :down:, then use the [G] + [P] + [K] combination to use an Offensive Move.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Play a training session in Tutorial Mode

First things first, go to the Dojo and select Tutorial, then start a training session. Just complete a single session to get the trophy.

Upon completing Step 1, you will earn:

(B)

Student

Step 2: Complete Arcade Mode on any difficulty

Next up is Arcade Mode. To make things easier for you, set the difficulty to Very Easy, the rounds to 1 and the max CPU health bar to 200%. Complete all the seven stages and play the bonus stage against Dural. You needn't win against Dural, just starting a match is enough for "VS Dural". Make sure to win a round without taking damage, win a round by ring-out and to also win a match without losing a round in order to get all the Arcade Mode trophies.

Upon complete Step 2, you will earn:

(B)

You Win

(B)
Ring Out

(B)
Excellent

(S)
VS Dural

Step 3: Achieve Score Attack Mode trophies

Thirdly, there is Score Attack Mode. Luckily, you needn't finish the mode for trophies. Simply start a game of Score Attack Mode and get a 5-hit combo (see "5 Hit Combo" for details).

Upon completing Step 3, you will earn:

(B)

Score Attacker

(S)
5 Hit Combo

Step 4: Complete 10 tests in License Challenge Mode

Normally, the Challenge Mode in fighting games is something players dread. In this however, the trophies are very simple. You only need to complete the first ten License Challenges, which will only require you to perform very basic moves.

Upon completing Step 4, you will earn:

(S)

Test Complete

(S)
Five Tests Complete

(G)
Ten Tests Complete

Step 5: Complete 10 ranked matches online

Lastly, we have the online trophies. Go into Online Battle and play 10 ranked matches. Enjoy yourself, as win or lose, you will get the trophies. You cannot boost these trophies, but you should be able to get them easily just by playing random opponents.

Upon completing Step 5, you will earn:

(B)

Up and Coming

(B)
Challenger

Edited by Terminator
Replaced a missing banner.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide:

Arcade Mode Trophies:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/D36.jpg You Win (B)

Win a match in Arcade Mode without losing a round (any difficulty level)

In order to do this, you need to win a match in Arcade Mode, winning every round. By default, the matches are set to 2 rounds on Normal difficulty. To makes things easier, change the settings to Very Easy difficulty, 1 round and 200% max CPU health bar. Go on the offensive and if possible, go for a ring-out.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/34D.jpg Ring Out (B)

Win a round by knocking your opponent out of the ring in Arcade Mode (any difficulty level)

Some stages will allow for you to knock your opponent out of the ring. To do this, force your opponent towards the edge by attacking them (:right: or :left: + [K] works very well for this), and then knock them out of the ring by attacking them again. If the barrier is broken or close to it, the opponent should fall out, giving you a ring out. Do note that some stages have unbreakable walls, thus stopping you from scoring a ring-out on these specific stages.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/783.jpg Excellent (B)

Win a round without taking any damage in Arcade Mode (any difficulty level)

Much like "You Win", this is easily achieved by going on the full offensive and just punching or kicking the opponent until they fall. Scoring a ring-out will result in a win, so if you can ring-out the opponent easily without getting hit, then that will also work. If you are having difficulty doing this on default settings, change the settings to Very Easy difficulty, 1 round and 200% Life.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/5AE.jpg VS Dural (S)

Face off against Dural in Arcade Mode (any difficulty level)

To fight Dural, you must unlock the bonus stage, which is unlocked by beating all seven stages in Arcade Mode. Once unlocked, simply start a match against Dural to unlock the trophy. You don't need to win, you just need to play a match against him.

Score Attack Mode Trophies:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/2DB.jpg Score Attacker (B)

Play Score Attack Mode

The description says it all: go to Score Attack Mode and start a game, trophy will unlock upon starting a game.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/E66.jpg 5 Hit Combo (S)

Perform a five-hit combo in Score Attack Mode

This can be a little frustrating to get, but isn't too difficult if you use a fast character like Pai Chan, Lau Chan or Eileen. The easiest way to do this is to vary between [P] and [K] against a wall, as the opponent rebounding off a wall will allow you to continue the combo.

If you're having difficulty, then try this method suggested by GenocideHeart: Using Sarah, knock the opponent into the air with :down: + :left: (or :lssw:) + [K], then juggle the enemy with [P], [P], [P], [K]. This will also make Test 9 in License Challenge Mode considerably easier.

License Challenge Mode Trophies:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/B24.jpg Test Complete (S)

Complete a test in License Challenge Mode

Read "Ten Tests Complete" for more details.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/376.jpg Five Tests Complete (S)

Complete five tests in License Challenge Mode

Read "Ten Tests Complete" for more details.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/8C6.jpg Ten Tests Complete (G)

Complete ten tests in License Challenge Mode

It doesn't take a great deal of skill to do the first ten tests, however it will require knowledge of all the basic moves, which are detailed in the Road Map, as well as within each test description. The trophy will unlock upon completing Win Streak Test 1.

NOTE: Losing a test will require you to start again, so if you fail during the 5th round of a test, you will have to begin at the 1st round again.

The first ten tests and their requirements are (all tests are 5 matches unless specified):

- Striking Test 1 - strike opponent 5 times and win, counter 1 or more times and win (last match only)

• Counter - to Counter, you must strike the opponent immediately after they strike you.

- Guarding Test 1 - block 5 strikes and win

• Guard/Block - To Guard/Block, you must use the [G] command. You can stand guard, which will block high attacks and middle attacks, but not low attacks. You can also crouch guard by pressing :down: whilst using [G], which blocks low attacks and dodges high attacks, but leaves you vulnerable to middle attacks.

- Defensive Move Test 1 - win without opponent evading 7 strikes

• Defensive Move - In order to use a Defensive Move, you must press :up: or :down: to move away from or closer to the camera, respectively. Doing so at the right time will dodge certain attacks. For this test, you must defeat the opponent without them successfully using a Defensive Move 7 times in a match.

- Offensive Move Test 1 - use 1 or more offensive moves and win

• Offensive Move - An Offensive Move is performed by using [G] + [P] + [K] (default :l2:) while using a Defensive Move (see Defensive Move Test 1 for how to perform a Defensive Move). Do not hold :up: or :down:, as this will result in your character simply walking around the opponent, as opposed to dodging. Firmly tap :up: or :down:, then use the [G] + [P] + [K] combination to use an Offensive Move.

- Health Bar Test 1 - defeat opponents with more health (3 matches)

• Simply defeat the opponents who have higher health that normal.

- Combo Test 1 - achieve a combo of 2 strikes 1 or more times and win

• A combo of 2 strikes is easily achieved with any combination of punches and kicks in rapid succession, such as [P], [P]; [K], [K]; or [P], [K].

- Throwing Test 1 - throw the opponent 1 or more times and win

• Grab/Throw - To Grab or Throw a player, you must use either [G] + [P], [G] + [K] or [G] + [P] + [K] against a guarding enemy. You can tell when an opponent is guarding by their fists blocking their face.

- Special Rules Test 1 - Win a match where recovery after attacks can be cancelled (3 matches)

• The special rule for challenge 8 is that there is not a recovery when a fighter falls, you can use this to keep the AI from attacking and the AI can use it to wipe you out. Although the AI usually lets you get back up. This special rule is also in effect in challenge 9, which is why if you spam attack the AI the AI should rarely even get in a hit much less parry.

- Special Moves Test 1 - Win without opponent parrying 5 strikes

• The opponent will sometime parry your strike when you attack, indicated by the blocking animation. Here is a good strategy for this as suggested by GenocideHeart: Using Sarah, knock the opponent into the air with :down: + :left: (or :lssw:) + [K], then juggle the enemy with [P], [P], [P], [K]. This will mostly prevent the opponent from parrying any strikes, plus make victory considerably easier.
  • Another excellent method is to simply use either Lau Chan or Pai Chan and spam :right: + [P], as your opponent simply won't get the time to parry any of your strikes.

- Win Streak Test 1 - win 6 matches in a row (6 matches)

• Simply win 6 matches without losing, no other criteria.

Ranked Matches Trophies:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/9F8.jpg Up and Coming (B)

Play one ranked match

Read "Challenger" for more details.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/187.jpg Challenger (B)

Play ten ranked matches

Go to Online Battle and select Ranked Match. If you are finding it difficult to locate players, changing your matching range to Worldwide will help. These games are random, thus cannot be boosted. This isn't a worry though, as you only need to play 10 ranked matches, not win them.

Tutorial Mode Trophies:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1169/F3F.jpg Student (B)

Play any training session in Tutorial Mode

In order to unlock this, just go to the Dojo and start a training session in Tutorial. Finish any of the training sessions and the trophy is yours.

Edited by Dark_Raven666
Editorial Sweep

Credit:

RED_REBEL44 - creating and supplying Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Trophy Guide and Road Map banner.

GenocideHeart - providing methods for "5 Hit Combo" trophy and Test 9 of the "Ten Tests Complete" trophy.

texas_ride - providing information for Test 8 and Test 9 of the "Ten Tests Complete" Trophy.

Edited by Dark_Raven666

For what its worth, it is extremely easy to get a 5 hit combo with Sarah. I have no idea what I'm doing in fighting games, and I got it within 30 seconds of my first battle with her by just button mashing.

I know thats not how the game is supposed to be played, but when you give it away to PS+ users for free, you're gonna run into people like me who are just playing it quick to see what its like and don't know how to play. I literally never even looked at the combo list. Shes just super fast and just hammering X + O really fast did the trick.

Danke! ^_^ And the day you catch me out on a grammatical error will be the day I disappear from this sight in disgrace (thankfully that'll never happen though :p)

"Sight" or "Site"? :p

Great guide, going through the game now. Easiest Beat 'Em Up Trophy List I've ever come across, and I'm terrible at the games. I even just won two games online... Woop :D

Happy hunting, everyone :)

For the 10 tests I'm on this one: Offensive Move Test 1 - use 1 or more offensive moves and win.

I can't seem to get an offensive move off. I've been trying to press L2 as it is the combination of P + K + G which is what the loading screen tells me is an offensive move, but I always end up beating the first guy before I do the offensive move.

Is there a certain time that I need to pull the move off at? Thanks for any help.

Edit. Just saw this topic it should help. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/virtua-fighter-5-final-showdown/160521-offensive-move-wtf.html

Edited by Lil_Mermaid_Girl

Danke! ^_^ And the day you catch me out on a grammatical error will be the day I disappear from this sight in disgrace (thankfully that'll never happen though :p)

Please don't disappear.

Some stages will allow for you to knock your opponent out of the ring. To do this, just push them to the outside of the stage and either walk them or off the edge or force them off with an attack. Do note that some stages have unbreakable walls, thus stopping you from scoring a ring-out on these specific stages.

Oh the bitter irony. That was a mere slip-up, not a lack of grammatical knowledge, so that doesn't count :p

Please don't disappear.

Some stages will allow for you to knock your opponent out of the ring. To do this, just push them to the outside of the stage and either walk them or off the edge or force them off with an attack. Do note that some stages have unbreakable walls, thus stopping you from scoring a ring-out on these specific stages.

I really shouldn't have mentioned my love for grammar, now everyone's correcting me :p It seems in my rush to get the guide onto the forums, I unintentionally overlooked some of it >.>

For the 10 tests I'm on this one: Offensive Move Test 1 - use 1 or more offensive moves and win.

I can't seem to get an offensive move off. I've been trying to press L2 as it is the combination of P + K + G which is what the loading screen tells me is an offensive move, but I always end up beating the first guy before I do the offensive move.

Is there a certain time that I need to pull the move off at? Thanks for any help.

Edit. Just saw this topic it should help. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/virtua-fighter-5-final-showdown/160521-offensive-move-wtf.html

I did it by firmly tapping :down: once and quickly pressing :l2: afterwards. You don't want to hold :up: or :down:, as then you'll just walk around them. If you're having trouble, attempt it in Tutorial.

Edited by Dark_Raven666

Great guide, going through the game now. Easiest Beat 'Em Up Trophy List I've ever come across, and I'm terrible at the games. I even just won two games online... Woop :D

Happy hunting, everyone :)

Ha ha ha! I must also point out that it is not proper grammar to start a sentence with And!

Of course we're just picking on you! This is a great guide, and I really appreciate how organized the whole thing was, and it allowed me to get the 100% in 1.5 hours as you said it would.

Despite our nitpicking, please do not disappear!

Ha ha ha! I must also point out that it is not proper grammar to start a sentence with And!

Of course we're just picking on you! This is a great guide, and I really appreciate how organized the whole thing was, and it allowed me to get the 100% in 1.5 hours as you said it would.

Despite our nitpicking, please do not disappear!

The whole "and at the start of a sentence" is a very debatable topic, but I feel it is correct either way. Many authors and writers use and at the start of a sentence, so if it makes it past publishers, then I reckon it's acceptable ;) Besides, that was after a comma, not full stop. And (intentional ;)), you did it yourself xD

Thanks for putting together a great guide, only took a few hours to get 100%.

I tried a few of the characters, but got every trophy using the Sumo.

He is an absolute beast. :D

Funny thing is when a sumo meets a sumo, the opposing sumo is dressed like a cross between Fred Flintstone and Nero in a mini skirt. :eek:

No problem :) Fred/Nero combo, I need to see that :D

Edited by Dark_Raven666