(PS3) Trophy Boosting Thread: Versus Partners (Read First Post!)

Noctiferus

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/boosting1.png

Trophy Boosting Thread: Versus Partners

What your post should at least include (but not limited to):

1. Your PSN ID
  2. Online trophies you're wanting to boost
  3. Your time zone

To make everyone's life easier during boosting, please ensure you're familiar with the methods used to boost this game before you start.

If the boosting method requires a group to be organized and set up, please keep all discussions and planning in the boosting thread. Please do not create another thread.

Boosting Method:

If you feel that there's a much better and more preferred boosting method for certain online trophies not found in this thread or in the Trophy Guide, please post it in the

Feedback Forums. Please do not post here, as it will be missed.

Resident Evil 5

Game setup: One player creates a Versus game and sets all three remaining slots to Private. Invites are sent out to the other players via the XMB. For Team Survivors and Team Slayers, a total of four people are needed. For Slayers and Survivors, only two players are needed. If all players have mics, that will be incredibly helpful as you can tell the other team when you are dying and can help to spot zombies when it isn't your turn to win.

There's No 'I' In Team & We Will Survive: This is Team Survivors. You will need four players for this to work properly. It has to be 2v2. Having 3v1 will not work. Killing the zombies doesn't give you points (unless you kill one of the large enemies). Instead, you will have to kill the other team. Public Assembly is a good map for this since it's easy to meet up in the open areas. The place to be is in the courtyard near the gate on the ground floor. The losing team is responsible for keeping an eye out for approaching zombies and killing them before they are able to kill the winning team. The winning team just has to shoot the losing team when they get near. Shoot the losing team players enough so that they begin to stumble and get to the "Dying" portion of their health bars and then kill them with a melee attack (:sqaure:) for a huge points boost. To quickly get two melee kills, have a dying player stand next to their teammate that is not in that portion of the health bar. Use a female character (any of the Sheva's or Jill's) and melee the two characters since they are right next to each other. The player that was not dying will be now, so melee them again for the kill. With meleeing the other team, the points will rack up quickly in five minutes and 80,000 points will be easy to attain.

With five minute rounds and giving another five minutes for loading and setup per game, this should take approximately five hours for one team to reach 30 wins, 10 hours in total for all four players.

It Takes Two to Tango & The Team That Slays Together: This is Team Slayers. You will need four players for this to work properly. It has to be 2v2. Having 3v1 will not work. The priority should be trading wins, but while you are working on that, also work on the 40-combo. You will have to chain together kills with your teammate to reach 40. Killing the other team does not count. You have to kill the zombies. Go to The Village map first. Once the 40 combo is completed for both teams, then you can change to any map that you would like. Get to the top of the building near the cave. Have one player stationed on the bridge near the cave and the other player stationed near the door and stairway. Once both players are in position, kill as quickly as you can. Keep your weapon loaded as an untimely lack of ammo can kill the chain. The other team should be a second and third pair of eyes helping you both. In The Village, enemies will come from the stairs, through the central room, through the door, and from the cave. While you are completely surrounded, the paths are also narrow. The zombies will line up in almost a single file line making it easy to chain them together.

With three minute rounds and giving another five minutes for loading and setup per game, this should take approximately four hours for one team to reach 30 wins, eight hours in total for all four players.

It's All About the Points & Eye of the Tiger: This is regular Survivors. The method is very similar to Team Survivors except that you only need two players. Having more than that will just increase your time spent boosting. Killing the zombies doesn't give you points (unless you kill one of the large enemies). Instead, you will have to kill the other player(s). Public Assembly is a good map for this since it's easy to meet up in the open areas. The place to be is in the courtyard near the gate on the ground floor. The losing player is responsible for keeping an eye out for approaching zombies and killing them before they are able to kill the winning team. The winning player simply has to shoot the losing player(s) when they get near. Shoot the losing player(s) enough so that they begin to stumble and get to the "Dying" portion of their health bars and then kill them with a melee attack (:sqaure:) for a huge points boost. When meleeing the other player(s), the points will rack up quickly in five minutes and 40,000 points will be easy to attain.

With five minute rounds and giving another five minutes for loading and setup per game, this should take approximately five hours for one player to reach 30 wins, 10 hours in total for both players. With each additional player boosting, add five hours.

Keep the Good Times Rolling & Army of One: This is regular Slayers. The method is very similar to Team Slayers except that it can be done with two players. While it can be done with more than two players, having more than two will just increase your time spent boosting. Like with Team Slayers, set the map to The Village initially. After you get the 20 combo completed, the map can be changed to anything else. You have to kill the zombies. Killing the other player(s) will help your score if you kill them via melee. In The Village, get to the top of the building near the cave. Stay near the open area in the middle of the second floor so that you can see every zombie coming towards you. Keep your weapon loaded as an untimely lack of ammo can kill the chain. The other player(s) should be an extra set(s) of eyes looking out for zombies and telling you where the enemies are. In The Village, enemies will come from the stairs, through the central room, through the door, and from the cave. While you are completely surrounded, the paths are also narrow. The zombies will line up in almost a single file line making it easy to chain them together.

With three minute rounds and giving another five minutes for loading and setup per game, this should take approximately four hours for one player to reach 30 wins, eight hours in total for both players. Add an extra four hours for each additional player.

Bringing the Pain: This is best done in Survivors. You should couple this with your Team Survivors or regular Survivors wins to make this go faster. The method is the same. Go to the Public Assembly map and meet up near the gate in the large courtyard. The losing player is responsible for keeping an eye out for approaching zombies and killing them before they are able to kill the winning team. The winning player simply has to shoot the losing player(s) when they get near. Shoot the losing player(s) enough so that they begin to stumble and get to the "Dying" portion of their health bars and then kill them with a melee attack (:square:). Repeat as often as you can. All players need to be active for this to be the most efficient.

On the average, you can get 8-10 melee kills in a five minute Survivor match with one other player. With two others, that number number doubles and with three others, it triples. With more players, your melee kills will go up much faster, but your wins will go much slower. Sticking with just one other player is the best method. Getting to 100 melee kills should take 10-14 winning matches or approximately 100-140 minutes.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I just started playing and it's really fun; however, some of the trophies (40 combo) seem a bit annoying if you don't have a good team (or teams); so add me if you want to go for some vs. trophies... :D

I would love to get these this weekend (the 20/40 combo) the pubbies are pissing me off with how they break my chain by shooting me while I'm trying to get it. *sigh* Why they can't stick to Deathmatch mode for that is beyond me...

Anyway, any time is good for me in general. I'm in the US, EST (-5 GMT) so UK'ers/EU need to make note of that. Send me a text message at "Sekoku" any time and tell me the day and time and I'll try to be there.

Ok, so I can play from now on plus 7 possible more hours more today; just drop me line here (longer times during weekends :D)

what I really need: 20 combo - 40 combo; couple of quick wins in team slayer and survivor would be nice too