Rate the trophy difficulty...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.27

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 2 weeks later...

I will not vote yet, but leave a comment:

I'm done with my first playthrough (70% of the trophies) and the game would be easy enough to give it a 1-2 rating.

The bad thing is, that it has some bugs - in my case I couldn't finish a certain questline, so I didn't get the trophy for it. The consequence is, that I have to add one extra playthrough to the needed 2,5 (without knowing, if it will happen again...)

Also, the trophy for getting 2000 reputation points is tricky:

You'll always have to get a quest first, before you solve it, otherwise you will not get reputation for it.

For example: If you run through the catacombs and pick up something interesting and find out later,

that somebody is looking for that, you will only get a reward, but no reputation.

You'll first have to go to that person to get the quest, then pick up the object from the catacombs and then bring it to him.

This kind of sucks, as the max. amount of reputation you can get by doing everything perfectly right is just a little above 2000.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I vote a 2.

I played the whole time without questmarker, cause I didnt know that one exist until the last quarter of the 1st playthrough, I also prefer playing without! But to dig out the head of the girlfriend of the dead jailguard I had to resort to this marker, without it had been impossible!

And the difficulty was no challenge at all! But hard was annoying cause of the thousand times u had to strike the enmey, so I prefered medium for all of my playthroughs.

I would have to give it a 4.

No, this game is not 'hard' to platinum, but considering that with certain glitches and bugs, there are a lot of things can go wrong and force people to have to backtrack.

Plus that fact that you have to play the game all the way through AT LEAST twice, adds a point.

The first playthrough, like most games, will take most of time for platinum, but the second playthrough isn't exactly a 5 hour speedrun either.

IMO, 4 is a fair difficulty.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 3 aswell. As everyone has said, the game itself is not hard, i even got the reputation trophy first go no problem, but its the bugs in the game that really let it down. I was lucky enough so only experience a few of them, but they where annoying. But if you save loads, you should have no problem achieving this Platinum

Edited by SirSmokalot002

I'm voting a 5 for the difficulty; but that's a purely personal score, based on playing the game on hard difficulty and without using a guide of any kind. Nothing is too hard, but the amount of damage enemies can withstand and inflict on hard is downright ridiculous. Also, the trophy for reputation points was pretty frustrating: I must have talked to the guy with the sick wife 20 times without getting the mission to retrieve the medicine (I guess I was always talking to him at the wrong time of day). Anyways, I literally spent hours trying to find all the ways to get reputation points - stumbling upon the guy with the sick wife as late in the game as I did was a life-saver.

I didn't experience any glitches in the game, but I'm tempted to add a point to the difficulty just for the objective marker that frequently bore absolutely no relationship whatsoever to where you were actually supposed to go (I still don't know how I imagined to find Victor's house and a few other places based on the marker).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With all the resources available for this game, it's a pretty darned easy platinum, even though it requires more than two playthroughs.

I'll give it a 3 just because there are a number of ways you can mess up your ability to get trophies on a given playthrough. But you could argue for a 2 and I wouldn't object.

• 5 weeks later...

I voted a 5. The 1st playthrough is very tedious because you have to go through all the combat trophies and side quests in order to unlock most of the trophies. The Level 32 trophy was brutal because it took 2 hours to jump from lvl 28 to 32.

The Burglar trophy was very nerve wrecking because I got it at the very end of the game so I would recommend keeping track of the XP you get from unlocking each door/chest. Quest Master is glitched because it did not pop at the 50th completed quest. Instead it popped at the 52nd quest.

Even if you try to speed run through the game on the 2nd & 3rd playthrough, you still need to have a certain amount of reputation points in order to progress through the game which is very tedious & irritating.

Overall, this game is platinumable within 30-35 hours if you have a lot of patience to put up with a terrible port filled with glitches, game crashes and crappy voice acting + graphics. If you follow a written walkthrough, this game is manageable.

Venetica is one of the worst games I have played this generation. I seriously considered skipping the plat but I couldn't believe that I somehow found the motivation to complete it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I voted a 3. Overall the game is easy, but there can be some set backs with gameplay freezes. I didn't experience any NPC's disappearing from my game. :applause:

It was fun the first time through the game, but replay value is little. I would only recommend this to a RPG lover. :D

Edited by Triace68
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the platinum trophy and I rated this a 2. Nothing is difficult at all, as long as you follow a step by step guide and not mess up your reputation by being careless. Playing through the game a second time was tedious though, even if it isn't that long. This was a rather glitchy game and it occasionally crashes.

3 is about right, as most have said before me - I guess it could be less if you dont have any glitches/bugs to deal with. Reputation points were my biggest problem - I followed the guide but it still glitched out on me on the first playthru. Save often and save multiple times to help avoid later frustration.

• 1 month later...

Just got it a couple hours ago and I'd give it a 3. Fairly straightforward and considering you can play entirely on Easy there's nothing really all that challenging gameplay wise, but playing through 2+ times and grinding to level 32 can be a pain. However, without using the guide here it'd probably be a bit more difficult, i.e. guild quests, finding all the treasures/pale hearts, etc. Not too terrible of a game really and I clocked it around 22 hours total playtime.